• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming New Consultant Fear: Tips to Improve and Succeed

will...be...successful!Bill, you did a great job with your first show. Make sure you practice your recipes so you don't forget what you're supposed to say. You can also look online for shows and cluster mates. Have sticky notes all over your catalog to help you remember what you should say.
Bill Faber
Gold Member
Hi Everyone,
I have to say my first show went well in that I had 660 in sales. But I felt like I did not have a clue what to do or say. I do not presently have another show under November. I am doing a craft fair with my director tomorrow and with another team member on the 9th of October. Also have two calalog sales right now and a fundraiser on the 7th. SO its not like I am not working.

My question is how do I get over that new consultant fear. I got in front of my friends and it was like Oh my goodness what do I say.......:yuck: IF my director had not been there I would have been horrified. She was a trooper and saved the day.

I have to admit I had only been to one other PC party but loved the stuff and signed up. SO how do I improve upon this so I can get past this and bee better. I do not want to look dumb when I am actually doing this or terrified.:cry:

Bill

Bill, you did awesome with $660 in sales for your first show. The first show is the hardest and the fact that you did it in front of friends is what probably made it so hard for you. Each show you have will get easier. Make sure you know your catalog and keep visiting Consultants Corner so you can get more and more familiar with Pampered Chef. You will do just fine. Let your passion for the business lead you to success! Best wishes!

I had a new consultant just say the same things to me...she didn't want me at her first show though, because she said that would make her even more nervous!:eek:

But we went through and diagnosed why she was so nervous. Well, first - the host had been given 2 choices for a demo recipe, and chose one...and then, when she got to the house, the host said "oh, by the way, I decided to do the other one instead"....:eek::eek::eek: Sooo, she had been practicing all week on one demo, and had to do a different one. I told her of course she would feel like she'd forgotten what she was supposed to say!

BUT - she also had a hard time using the cards from PC, so she made up her own cards that worked better for her, and she just had her 2nd show, and she said it was a lot more fun, and she felt a lot better about it.

I think some of that is just that the first show is always the hardest...plus the fact that YOU are the only one there who knows what you didn't say. The group there has no idea there is something you meant to say and didn't!

Congrats Bill on a great first show! I think when you're in front of friends/family sometimes that's the hardest. And I agree with Becky - no one will know if you forget something so try to take a deep breath and relax. I always act like I'm in my own kitchen explaining a recipe to one of my kids - that's how I learned to do my demo and it's still working 4 years later. It will get easier - great job:)

Bill, I agree with Patty42240. You did an awesome job! :thumbup: $660 is more than the national show average. The biggest thing that we forget when we have a few shows under our belts is, you can scare off potential recruits if everything is soooo perfect. They think that they couldn't possibly do as good a job as you are doing. Everyone has something that doesn't go smoothly. Just laugh it off and say, "See, if I can do this, so can you!" "You don't have to be the Perfect Chef!" And some will be thinking, "Boy, I could do a better job" and those are the two types that will want to sign up! So use it to your advantage and start recruiting from the get-go.

You will get more comfortable as you do more shows . . . so practice your recipes at home and remember we sell kitchen products not food!!:love:

I also found it very helpful to review the shows that PC has on line and also to go to cluster mates shows. My catalog has sticky notes all over it for my references. Everyone just chuckles when they see it. You will find your comfort level will increase when YOU are having fun and quit worrying about being the "perfect" consultant. People can see thu fakes so let your passion for the products shine thru and you will appear genuine. That my friend, is what really sells the products.:D

Good luck and have fun!
Connie

For a $660 show, you did great! First, its easier for me to do a show in front of compete strangers than family/friends. My advice: attend other shows! Anyone in your cluster or up or anyone you meet on here. You will get new ideas and you will become more comfortable. You don't have to memorize anything! Speak from the heart and your passion will show through! You will begin to feel more at ease!

And, the best part: NO ONE will know if you mess up, only possibly another PC consultant, and whose to say it was a mess up!

Great first show!

Here are some suggestions for becoming more comfortable:

-- attend a few shows of some other (more seasoned) Consultants. Ask your Director to put you in touch with a few Consultants who have successful businesses and ask if you can shadow them at a show.

-- practice your show at home. If you have family, have them be your audience. Line up your pets to watch you. Talk out loud, not just in your head!

-- make note cards or an outline. I’ve been doing this for a long time and I still make an outline for each show (the very first part of my outline reminds of what pre-show food preparations I need to make for that specific show) so I don’t forget the key points I want to discuss.

-- Many Consultants find it easier to do shows outside their inner circle of family and friends. You may find this to be true too . . . especially when you're new.

-- Take advantage of the online training, videos and CDs available through the company. Your Director may have materials (like the videos and CDs) that you can borrow.

Re: First Show Fear And Ongoing Fear:(Well its funny because where I am at this time with my business is that after the first show I had I thought two catalog shows. I checked in periodically with the girls and then low and behold neither really had sales. So now I am closing them into one show and no bookings.

Work is having a thing for United Way and I was able to rent a table for 10 dollars so I am doing a fund raiser for United Way and hopefully will get some bookings out of that. Other people who did not know I was doing Pampered Chef will find out and will now be aware.

Also I have two more booths coming up over the next month. But other then that I only have one more show scheduled which is in November, for a good friend. I just thought it would be easier to get bookings and I am having a terrible time getting bookings. I dont know how to get leads to get them and if I dont get some shows soon I fear my business will be kaput quickly. Which would be terribly disapointing.

Bill

This site has TONS of wonderful ideas-- Pampering a Business, sending flyers to real estate offices, telling everyone you KNOW you're a new consultant-- don't forget to market the free gifts hosts get in your first 30 days! GL!

Re: First Show Fear And Ongoing Fear
Bill Faber said:
I just thought it would be easier to get bookings and I am having a terrible time getting bookings. I dont know how to get leads to get them and if I dont get some shows soon I fear my business will be kaput quickly. Which would be terribly disapointing.

Bill

don't give up! call some people you know and tell them that you are starting a new business and NEED their help. Be direct, but in a nice way. My first shows were from: a good friend, HS friend, college friend, dog groomer, - all different people. some were good, some were pretty bad - friends are definitely the hardest to sell to because I feel more self conscious.

How about an open house for the holidays? Invite family and neighbors - make some recipes from the new Season's Best recipe ahead of time. (the tomato cheese squares are yummy) and make it a mystery host party. And about being nervous - I've been doing this for almost 2 years and I still get nervous. You never know what to expect, who all the guests are, etc but that's what makes this job so interesting. and congrats on your first show - fantastic!

What are some common fears that new consultants may have?

Some common fears that new consultants may have include fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of not knowing enough about the products or business, fear of not being able to make sales, and fear of not being able to balance work and personal life.

How can I overcome my fear of rejection as a new consultant?

One way to overcome the fear of rejection is to remind yourself that not everyone will be interested in your products or join your team, and that's okay. Focus on the people who are interested and build relationships with them. Also, keep in mind that rejection is not a reflection of your worth as a person.

What are some tips for improving my knowledge about the products and business?

You can improve your knowledge about the products and business by attending training sessions, reading materials provided by the company, and asking questions to more experienced consultants. It can also be helpful to use and try out the products yourself to become familiar with them.

What can I do to boost my sales as a new consultant?

To boost your sales, make sure to actively reach out to potential customers and offer product demonstrations or parties. Utilize social media and other online platforms to showcase your products. Additionally, offer special deals or promotions to entice customers to make a purchase.

How can I balance my work as a consultant with my personal life?

To balance your work as a consultant with your personal life, set boundaries and stick to a schedule. Make sure to prioritize your responsibilities and take breaks when needed. It can also be helpful to involve your family and friends in your business to make it a fun and collaborative effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Nightschild24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Joyce D