• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming a Sales Slump: My Recent Shows and How I'm Bouncing Back

In summary, a show last night (which was $300) and tonight's (which was $180 before outside orders) both went well. However, tonight's show had fewer people than expected.
clshirk
I'm not really sure if it's me, or just the groups. I had a show last night ($300) and tonite ($180 before outside orders)- I thought they both went great- Tonight I did a 30 minute chicken in the covered dish baker and last night strawberry amaretto pastries and the artichoke cups. Both shows had around 7-10 people, both expected a few more I believe, but some of the guests at tonight's show were return customers that have floated to almost every show I've had recently. Will you guys reassure me that it happens from time to time? My last three shows ranged $500-$750.

Rest assured. It happens to all of us from time to time. Don't get discouraged.Why not try changing your idea of a what constitutes a successful show? For me it's that everyone has a good time and at least one person learns something. Once that became my definition of a successful show, all of my shows became successful. By getting my focus off the dollar amount, I reduced my stress.Of course, it may be that I'm simply simple-minded enough for this type of thing to work. Like I said, it really does happen to all of us.

My director always tells me to look at bookings... if I get at least 1 booking it is a successful show. This has helped me get over my frustrations of low show sales. So... did you get a booking? :)

Bookings = Future business and potenial recruits

O yes, it happens, I had a show last Saturday. $167.00. Pitiful huh?? But, I had a show 2 weeks ago that was 1200.00 so I guess the good make up for the bad. Bad thing is the low show was my best friend. I love her to death, but she is not motivated at all!!!!!!!!!

That's another good thing to remember. We only have so much control.

True- the hostess has so much to do with it. I did get one lady interested in hosting a show tonight in July and I had 2 book last night- the ones last night were in NC- so I'm going to do both in the trip in August. My husband and I discussed it on our way home- and I guess I do place a bit on the money, I changed my opinion when I remembered that I did book 2 shows last night. But we did have a blast. I'm really trying to work on my timing too- I hate long shows- but it seems I'm always done and ready and trying to push the guests into finishing up and bringing orders to me.

I always set a mental goal for each show and that's how I gauge success. Like $500 and 1 booking. Because each situation is so different it is hard to make a generalized goal for success. You know going into the situation that one hostess might have put more effort into the show that another hostess.

I have been in slump for a little while..that is until I did what Rae suggested. I changed my ideas of success. I lowered my sales goal and just went for bookings. Ya know, this biz can be very disheartening, but at the same time amazing! Forget the slumps and focus on the great times and the great shows...trust me, I have barely scraped past show min for the past few shows...however, just shrug them off and keep going.

Slumps are only a thought process...See, I had two shows booked for June. One I got ahold of, she had to change the date. Couldn't change it right then, played phone tag. Thought for sure it was going to fall through.

While waiting for her to call, talked to the host of the second show. She canceled entirely, probably will not rebook. Now down to (maybe) one show, when I wanted 8.

Host #1 calls, I rebook her for the cancelled date, only one week later on June 9th.

Settle on a date for a show with another host.

Had a show Wed night. Got bookings for June, July, August x2.

Had some leads handed to me. One booked a catalog show for June, another a cooking show.

So, went from 2 shows, to possibly 0 shows, to 5 shows.

Could have thought of it as a slump, but that would have slowed me down. I just got on the phone, did a great show, asked EVERYONE if they wanted to host their own, and the calendar is looking better.

Not a slump, just a breather : )

Robin

Another thing about slumpsThis just occurred to me. We tend to be hard on ourselves when a show does not reach a sales total or number of bookings that we have in our head. Consider, however, batting averages. The highest batting average is about 0.420 This means the batter failed to get a hit about 60% of the time at bat (give or take a few details).

Do you think you fail to reach your goal about 60% of the time?

Robin

I'm struggling to get the higher sales and bookings too. So, I decided that this is the time for me to focus on bookings and my recruiting. I know that without the bookings I can't get the sales or recruits. As much as I really don't like to get on the phone, I took Rae's advice that the first call is the hardest. I also try to remember that they are not rejecting me personally, which has made it easier. Now if I could just get June booked solid, so far only 3 shows.

Related to Overcoming a Sales Slump: My Recent Shows and How I'm Bouncing Back

1. How do you know if you're in a sales slump?

There are a few tell-tale signs that you may be experiencing a sales slump. Some common indicators include a decrease in sales and bookings, a decrease in customer engagement and interest, and a decrease in your overall motivation and enthusiasm for your business.

2. What are some strategies for overcoming a sales slump?

One strategy is to analyze your past successful shows and identify what worked well for you. You can then use this information to replicate your successes in future shows. Additionally, reaching out to past customers and offering promotions or discounts can help generate new sales. It's also important to stay positive and motivated, and to continually seek out new leads and opportunities.

3. How can I bounce back from a particularly bad show?

First, take some time to reflect on what may have gone wrong during the show. Did you have enough preparation? Were there any technical issues? Once you have identified the problem, come up with a plan to improve for future shows. It's also helpful to reach out to your team and discuss strategies for bouncing back. Finally, don't dwell on the bad show and focus on moving forward.

4. How can I prevent future sales slumps?

One way to prevent future sales slumps is to maintain a strong and consistent presence in your business. This includes regularly promoting your products and services, staying engaged with your customers, and consistently seeking out new leads. It's also important to continually evaluate and adjust your strategies to adapt to changing market conditions.

5. What resources does Pampered Chef offer to help with sales slumps?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support for consultants to help overcome sales slumps. This includes training and coaching programs, online tools and resources, and a supportive community of consultants who can offer advice and tips. Additionally, your team leader and upline are always available to provide guidance and support during challenging times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Chefgirl2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies