• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Outrageous! Host Refuses to Take 3 1/2 Price Items

well, I didn't use it, my mom did. Now I have everything and I still let her take advantage of things that I'm not. She gets things at 60% off or 1/2 offWhen I host a show, I always give my mom the 1/2 price items. She loves taking advantage of them and I don't mind because I know she will use them.
slj1229
I have a host who is not taking her 3 1/2 price items!!!! Can you belive that!!!:eek:

My host from last week did the same thing so she offered them to her friends. She had a $1k show and got everything she wanted using her FPV.

Same hereI had a host with a $500 show last month and she didn't take her 1 half price item (1 out of 2) but got $140 in FPV. Only she made a mistake and I had to use the half price item to fix the problem. She wrote down the "Scraper Collection" as an item!! She thought you could just order all the scrapers as a set. I don't know how she thought that but anyway I just used her half price item and moved things around to fix it. Rats and I was going to offer that as an incentive for more orders!

Debbie :D

if I offer that to other people, will it be shipped to the Hosts house?

slj1229 said:
if I offer that to other people, will it be shipped to the Hosts house?

Yes... but always be sure to check with the host first to see if she is okay with it. Most are. The reason is, it comes up on her order when the perforated sheets are sent from HO. Better to be safe than sorry. :)

I've had many hosts do that - it just doesn't fit in their budget to buy more and I respect that because I would also think of doing that!

I always tell my host if they don't want to spend any money, then just get the free stuff, the half price stuff is "optional". I get some that will spend the half price items on smaller stuff and others that will get the most expensive items at half off. I did have a $1000 show that didn't use any because she got everything she wanted for free.

I don't offer it to anyone else, that's the host's benefits. If someone wants something at half price, they can host their own show.

janetupnorth said:
I've had many hosts do that - it just doesn't fit in their budget to buy more and I respect that because I would also think of doing that!
Exactly. The first show I ever hosted was a $1000 show and I did not use my 1/2 items either....now I know why my consultant was shocked at me for not using them....but at the time I couldn't afford it.

When I hosted, I gave them to my mom. I didn't think I needed anything else!!:eek: Boy was I wrong! Now I have EVERYTHING and I still let her take advantage of things that I'm not. She gets things at 60% off or 1/2 off :balloon: She gets misc orders from work so I give her benefits.

wadesgirl said:
I get some that will spend the half price items on smaller stuff

Be sure she knows she can do this. Sometimes I think Hosts don't use the 1/2 prices choices because they feel they have to choose a high price item. I tell my Hosts that they can pick the Citrus Peeler for their 1/2 price, it's their choice not mine.

And yes, sometimes they just don't have the money to spend.

I often mention the spices as a great 1/2 off option that the host don't think of when they have lots of fpv too. Some take advantage of it... some don't but I do mention it.

chefjeanine said:
Be sure she knows she can do this. Sometimes I think Hosts don't use the 1/2 prices choices because they feel they have to choose a high price item. I tell my Hosts that they can pick the Citrus Peeler for their 1/2 price, it's their choice not mine.

And yes, sometimes they just don't have the money to spend.

When I had my bridal shower I didn't want to spend too much money out of my pocket so I picked the larger items as my free stuff and two smaller items as my half priced. I only paid $13 out of pocket.

quiverfull7 said:
I often mention the spices as a great 1/2 off option that the host don't think of when they have lots of fpv too. Some take advantage of it... some don't but I do mention it.
I do the same thing. I tell them they can even get the Citrus Peeler if they want. Usually, they end up getting something and using them all.

slj1229 said:
I have a host who is not taking her 3 1/2 price items!!!! Can you belive that!!!:eek:

When I hosted my first show, I wasn't able to spend ANY money on products! :cry: I just used my free and let the 1/2 price items go. I was saving my $$ to join the PC, and of course with my $40 kit credit...it was only $50 at that time.:D

So, I understand when hosts don't use their half-priced items! :)

wadesgirl said:
I always tell my host if they don't want to spend any money, then just get the free stuff, the half price stuff is "optional". I get some that will spend the half price items on smaller stuff and others that will get the most expensive items at half off. I did have a $1000 show that didn't use any because she got everything she wanted for free.

I don't offer it to anyone else, that's the host's benefits. If someone wants something at half price, they can host their own show.
That is policy. We are not supposed to be offering unused host benefits to others - the host can do whatever she wants with them (give them to others for instance) but we shouldn't be using them or giving them to others.

When I was a host, I had a husband that was a jerk & wouldn't let me spend a penny. I wasn't able to use the half price items, even if it only cost me $1.

crystalscookingnow said:
When I was a host, I had a husband that was a jerk & wouldn't let me spend a penny. I wasn't able to use the half price items, even if it only cost me $1.

Sounds like you got rid of the jerk! Good for you!!!:D :D

Under my previous product line, every hostess got 3 half price items. Many did not claim them, because they got everything they wanted free. So yes, I can understand it.

Since we got commission on those items, I started to market them to customers to boost my sales towards the end.

Since we don't get commission on those 1/2 price items here, I wouldn't push it. That's the host's option. And if she had more than one 1/2 price item, that's a pretty good party!

Although you CAN point out that she can use her 1/2 price item to get something small ... a lot of people think they have to use it on something pricey. For instance, if she's getting the chopper and the bamboo spoon set, suggest she get one of those items at half price, freeing up that much FPV for something she really wants.

I do find that if I *play* with the order...meaning that I tell them what their new total would be and the extra FPV they'd have, they may take advantage of it. Also, some need to be reminded that it's not JUST the half-price host specials. Even after telling people anything in the catalog, they forget.

DebbieSAChef said:
She wrote down the "Scraper Collection" as an item!! She thought you could just order all the scrapers as a set. I don't know how she thought that but anyway I just used her half price item and moved things around to fix it.

The scraper collection used to be a Host 1/2 price item for $20.50, so that's probably why your host thought it could be an item.

In the last 4.5 years, I have had several hosts only use their FPV and not spend a dime on anything else (even my SIL!). That's their prerogative - I try not to judge, but knowing me, I'd use them all! ;-)

finley1991 said:
Yes... but always be sure to check with the host first to see if she is okay with it. Most are. The reason is, it comes up on her order when the perforated sheets are sent from HO. Better to be safe than sorry. :)

Actually, if the hostess wants to "give" her half-price items away, just create a co-hostess on the show, and put those items under that person's name. That way, it's clear, for EVERYONE'S records, as to who gets what, and you have a valid receipt for both of them as well.

Hope that helps!!

Paula;)

1. Why would a host refuse to take 3 1/2 price items?

There could be a variety of reasons why a host may not want to take 3 1/2 price items. They may have already reached their budget for the party, or they may not have enough space to store the extra items. They may also simply not be interested in the products offered at the discounted price.

2. Can I still get the 3 1/2 price items if the host refuses?

Unfortunately, if the host refuses to take the 3 1/2 price items, you will not be able to purchase them at that price. However, you can always reach out to another host or consultant to see if they are willing to honor the discount for you.

3. Is there a minimum purchase requirement for the 3 1/2 price items?

Typically, there is a minimum purchase requirement for the 3 1/2 price items. This is to ensure that hosts are able to receive a fair discount for hosting a party. The minimum purchase amount may vary depending on the specific products being offered at the discounted price.

4. Why is the host refusing to take the 3 1/2 price items after agreeing to host a party?

It is possible that the host may have changed their mind about hosting a party or may have misunderstood the terms and conditions of the 3 1/2 price offer. It is best to communicate with the host and try to understand their reasoning for refusing the items.

5. Can I still earn host rewards if the host refuses to take 3 1/2 price items?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards even if the host refuses to take 3 1/2 price items. The host rewards are based on the total sales from the party, not just the 3 1/2 price items. Therefore, you can still earn free and discounted products based on the sales from the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Andrea Minier
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Wildfire