• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is an Out with the Old, In with the New Party Effective for Product Transitions?

Great point!I dont have one single booking for August.. I hope to get some at the party this friday night.
babywings76
Gold Member
So I was thinking...what about an "Out with the Old and in with the New" party for August. (If I can have a decent amount of samples to show for the new catalog) I only have one booking for August, so I was thinking I could host a show at my house and have all this stuff on display. Make everyone aware of the discontinuing products. Of course, I'm not sure about logistics. If new items can't be purchased till Sept., is the "in with the New" part appropriate? Maybe in order to entice Sept. bookings.

Just wondering if this would be a bust, or would it produce better results than just having a newsletter about the discontinuing products.

Any thoughts?

I've done this before with people in my cluster. If you're selling old and new stuff, then you'll have to submit 2 shows - one dated in Aug. and one dated in Sept. When we did it, it was a "preview" party and orders were submitted on 9/1 (the show was held in the 3rd week of Aug. and we told the guests when the orders would be placed). Just be sure you tease them with give-aways (maybe of the host specials?) if they attend and place an order.

I am doing one a last chance & first glance and going to do specials and everything to make it worth their wilds.

How do you think you'll run it?

as one show in August with orders just on the old, but working on peeking their interest for Sept bookings? Or submitted as 2 shows?

Just curious. How come they have to be submitted seperately. Why not just wait til the 1st to submit it all so they dont pay double shipping?

gothim0802 said:
Just curious. How come they have to be submitted seperately. Why not just wait til the 1st to submit it all so they dont pay double shipping?

Will that work? Cause that would definitely be easier! :)

babywings76 said:
Will that work? Cause that would definitely be easier! :)

No - because you can't submit a show dated September with discontinued product on it, and you can't submit a show dated for August with new Fall product on it - you would have to submit as 2 separate shows.

I'm planning on doing something like this, but I'm not going to take orders for new stuff. I'll encourage them to host a show so they can get it for free!!!!

You have to do 2 different orders because the old will not be available after 8/31 and the new isn't available until 9/1. There's no way (that I know of) to order old and new on the same order. And by old I mean things that are being retired.

When can we order the new stuff??

Before you do this, make sure your August is booked the way you want it! Folks will see the new products and want to wait until they are available. Not just hosts, either - customers as well.

ljeffries said:
Before you do this, make sure your August is booked the way you want it! Folks will see the new products and want to wait until they are available. Not just hosts, either - customers as well.

Great point!

I dont have one single booking for August.. I hope to get some at the party this friday night. I like the idea of a party to show off the new stuff !

What products will be discontinued in the August Party?

The specific products that will be discontinued in the August Party will vary, as it depends on the current inventory and sales. However, you can expect to see a variety of kitchen gadgets, cookware, and other cooking tools that are no longer in high demand.

Can I still purchase the discontinued products after the August Party?

No, once the products are discontinued, they will no longer be available for purchase. We recommend taking advantage of the August Party to stock up on your favorite items before they are gone for good.

Will there be any discounts on the discontinued products?

Yes, all of the discontinued products will be marked down during the August Party. This is the perfect time to snag some great deals and add new items to your kitchen collection.

Can I return or exchange a discontinued product?

As with all Pampered Chef products, our standard return and exchange policy applies to discontinued items. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of purchase.

Will there be any new products introduced during the August Party?

While the focus of the August Party is on discontinuing products, there may also be new products introduced. Keep an eye out for any exciting new additions to the Pampered Chef collection!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
theonlychuck
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • cheflorraine