• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did a Guest Find Out a New Product Before Me?

The price point for the TW version seems high to me...although I could be wrong.The price point for the TW version seems high to me...although I could be wrong.
Aurora
She said, "A friend in Colorado went to a party at her sister's house, who is big into Pampered Chef -- and she said there was this awesome chopper... it was more like the size of the Ultimate Mandolin, with a food catcher, and it was kinda like a food processor, but hand-operated... I want to buy it for her for her birthday but I can't find it in the catalog or online... blah blah blah"

It was definitely not the rotary grater, microplane, or food chopper... or anything else, we went through the catalog virtually page by page.

I was totally dumbfounded and said, "Well, huh... maybe that's one of the new Spring products? Is her sister a director?" She didn't know but said that she was "up there" in PC.

It went on from there, but she was VERY descriptive about this item that she was sure wasn't older or discontinued. I told her I would let her know if anything like that came out when the new products were announced.

Sigh. How sad that customers are telling consultants about the new products, if it does turn out that she in fact did know in advance! Sigh!

Interesting. I suppose that's possible.

Very interesting! Some very high upper level people get products early to start trying them out and seeing what their customers think.

Although those very high ups would get BIG trouble for revealing any new products prior to the reveal day. They can't even tell their team. So my guess is it's some home shopping network item that the gal just figured was PC.

Hmmmm, can't wait to see it!

I wonder if it was one of these:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.K29525.desc.Genius-Salad-Chopper-6-piece-Food-Preparation-System

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-681684/Kuhn-Rikon-Chopper

& if her sister had one why would she want to buy her one for her bday?

I guess the price point could match ($49) and I guess it could revolutionize our shows...

But, I would be surprised to have a more expensive item (UM) replaced by a lower priced one. I mean, something like this would really replace the UM possibly???

Could it be that she was at a show and the host took out something she already owned? And it wasn't PC? And the guest was confused??

kam said:
I guess the price point could match ($49) and I guess it could revolutionize our shows...

But, I would be surprised to have a more expensive item (UM) replaced by a lower priced one. I mean, something like this would really replace the UM possibly???

Could it be that she was at a show and the host took out something she already owned? And it wasn't PC? And the guest was confused??

Plus, we were told it would rival the DCB...

Tupperware has something like that, don't they? People often get TW and PC confused.

Is all of this making anyone else as crazy to know as it's making me? And many of you will know before I will cuz I'm going to Baltimore, the LAST Spring Launch! Ugh!

I'm guessing that was something the host already had. I really can't see anyone who does know the products revealing them to customers. As far as I know, Execs don't know yet - I asked mine the other day and she said nooooooo.

10 more days.... :-D

It sounds like a TW product to me ...

I think it is ugly and chintzy looking--I'd think we'd produce something of better quality.

I agree... TW has a similar product. I had one that I bought on an excursion through Amish country and I ended up tossing it after I joined PC... it took up too much space even in the box.

I would be kinda disappointed if this were a new product. PC can do better than that and we have products that would rival it... like the chopper, the mandolin, etc.

And no one at the level who already knows what the new products are would bring them out over a month early to generate interest. Hopefully.

I highly doubt this is a new product.

If it is ... it's probably not THE new product!

what the heck is TW???

I was given the TW version as our wedding gift in Nov, it's still in the box...

Yep as soon as I read that I thought of the Quick Chef from Tupperware...

http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_category_code=10004&fv_item_number=P10055771000

And since it's called Quick "Chef" I bet she got confused...

wow. What a price tag for the TW version! I'd rather get an electric food processor for that kind of money! Unless I was trying to bulk up my biceps while whipping things up!

Please...no....I do not want that thing!

ChefCKHall said:
Please...no....I do not want that thing!

LOL. No kidding!

I did notice that they have some pretty decent sales on the storage items....caught my attention! Otherwise, TW is overpriced.

Geez I didn't even realize the price! Holy crap!

I got something like that about 20 years ago at the County Fair. I paid $20 for two. No pour spot, but it did have the beater blade and the cutting blade. I still have one of them. I gave one away and they still have and use theirs. $54.50!! That is nuts! And when would a customer ever be confused? Lifetime warranties on everything, I can return it 20 years later for a new one, I never paid shipping before! Please! We only have a week and two days to wait so...

1. How do I keep track of new product releases from Pampered Chef?

There are a few ways to stay updated on new product releases from Pampered Chef. You can sign up for our email newsletter, follow us on social media, or check our website regularly for announcements.

2. Can a guest find out about new products before consultants?

No, our consultants always have early access to new product information before it is shared with guests. We value our consultants and want to ensure they have the latest information to share with their customers.

3. When will new products be available for purchase?

New products are typically available for purchase shortly after they are announced. However, availability may vary based on product availability and shipping times.

4. Can I pre-order new products before they are released?

Unfortunately, we do not offer pre-orders for new products at this time. However, you can add yourself to the waitlist for a specific product and be notified when it becomes available.

5. How can I be the first to know about new products?

The best way to be the first to know about new products is to join our Pampered Chef community as a consultant! Consultants have early access to new product information and can also receive exclusive discounts and perks. Contact a consultant to learn more about joining our team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • bethsbiz