• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing My CN Collection: One Binder to Rule Them All!

In summary, the conversation revolves around organizing and decluttering. The participants are motivated by each other's success in decluttering their homes and offices. Some have found bargains, such as a large binder and sticky notes, to help with organization. They also discuss the importance of getting rid of unnecessary items and keeping only what is needed or brings joy. Some are struggling with finding space for organization, but are determined to make it work. They also mention the benefits of decluttering, such as increased productivity and a clearer mind.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I keep every CN I ever get - I have them dating back to my very first month when they were still called KCNs...anyway - they currently fill u p1 and a half binders and it really irks me that they are not all in one.

I went to a garage sale today and got a HUGE-ass binder for 25c...it is like 3.5" deep -- I am going to transfer all my KCNs and CNs into that hopefully - and have them all in one place - yippee!!

I also got 6 pads of sticky-notes for 25c (as if I need more sticky notes? Oy!)

Good job! You can always use sticky notes - especially for a bargain price!!

I am right there w/ you on organizing but your office still looks way better than mine. The most organized thing is my shoe organizer. LOLOkay back to work for me!

pamperedalf said:
I am right there w/ you on organizing but your office still looks way better than mine. The most organized thing is my shoe organizer. LOL

Okay back to work for me!

This whole Jilleysue Insipres Chef Success thing has REALLY taken hold here - Dh and I donated about 10 boxes and bags full of stuff last week. He totally overhauled the kitchen garage, laundry-room...we did the kids' rooms yesterday - we are overhauling the entire house and it FEELS SO GOOD!!!!

Way to go, Carolyn!!! You guys are on a roll!!

You're right--it DOES feel good!

I went to a training here put on by Patti Mocerino and she had Nikki K., one of the founders of the DSWA come and speak. Nikki said that clutter blocks out prosperity. That has really stayed with me. I'm trying to eliminate all the clutter. Baby steps...

I really need to get my desk organized and get all of my CN's together and put them in a binder.....

Is there a REASON to keep the CNs that long? I might keep 6 - 12 months' worth but why would I want more than that?

dannyzmom said:
This whole Jilleysue Insipres Chef Success thing has REALLY taken hold here - Dh and I donated about 10 boxes and bags full of stuff last week. He totally overhauled the kitchen garage, laundry-room...we did the kids' rooms yesterday - we are overhauling the entire house and it FEELS SO GOOD!!!!
Guess what Carolynn? I'm finally doing it!!!!! I'm organizing! I have about 3 bags of trash so far, and I know that I will have much more! I have 7 1/2 years worth of stuff!!!!
I cleaned out my filing cabinets last night and that is where 2 bags of the trash came from! I haven't really done anything in my personal filing cabinet for YEARS!! besides stacking more stuff in there, or should I say throwing it in there! But I did some major cleaning and changed everything around and now it is making me happy! I moved all my PC stuff to the top 2 drawers and my personal to the bottom two! Sure makes more sense considering, I'm in my PC drawers daily!!!
Thanks to you and all jilleysue and all you cheffers! You helped motivate me, I know I will be happier when I complete this!!!
By the way it started last week when I hauled 3 bags of trash out of my daughters room, okay....old stuffed animals, toys from her brother - she's a girl who is "all girl", she does not need her brother's toys, she never plays with them and they just collect dust!.... old barbies (some had just the bodies and I had to search for the heads!!! she laughed and laughed when I'd yell out "I found a head!" and she yell "throw it out!" and toys from her younger years! I figured if she could be a big girl and depart with all her stuff, so could her Mommy! LOL!:D
Anyway, I'm inspired by you, carolynn and everyone else! Thanks!;)

Last edited:
IF I could get a new desk I could organize better. My desk sis to mall to fit much anything other than the computer and printer.

I am hoping to get one in the coming months. I hate that Wlmart stopped lay-a-ways or I would just go put one up.

At our house, we live by this motto that we heard on "Trading Spouses". It's kinda weird, but it works for us........"Do you need it? Do you love it? Does it make you money?" If it doesn't fit into one of those categories, it's gotta go!!

dannyzmom said:
I keep every CN I ever get - I have them dating back to my very first month when they were still called KCNs...anyway - they currently fill u p1 and a half binders and it really irks me that they are not all in one.

I went to a garage sale today and got a HUGE-ass binder for 25c...it is like 3.5" deep -- I am going to transfer all my KCNs and CNs into that hopefully - and have them all in one place - yippee!!

I also got 6 pads of sticky-notes for 25c (as if I need more sticky notes? Oy!)

WOW!!! So for .50 cents you had yourself one hell of a day!!!!;) ;) ;)

I have every CN since I started as well. They are grouped by year in green binders and I just started my fifth one! I still utilize them so I am keeping them. They have SO many great ideas!!

jrstephens said:
IF I could get a new desk I could organize better. My desk sis to mall to fit much anything other than the computer and printer.

I am hoping to get one in the coming months. I hate that Wlmart stopped lay-a-ways or I would just go put one up.
Oh me too. :( I miss the good old days of layaway. well maybe K-mart still has it? Don't they have office furniture?

WOW..you guys are bringing a tear to my eye truly. SNIFFLE. I have never felt so apart of something. I feel like I finally fit in on something.

Ummmmmmm, Maybe I should get my STAR early???? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH. THOUGHT I WOULD TRY>

No really. Thank you. I am glad I can help. I hope I can help. If you all need anything let me know!!!!!

Jilleysue said:
WOW..you guys are bringing a tear to my eye truly. SNIFFLE. I have never felt so apart of something. I feel like I finally fit in on something.

Ummmmmmm, Maybe I should get my STAR early???? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH. THOUGHT I WOULD TRY>

No really. Thank you. I am glad I can help. I hope I can help. If you all need anything let me know!!!!!

You really really really have made an impact Jill - truly you have.
I giggle when I look at us - you were the recruit that disappearaed...so, I blessed and released. Then, suddenly you resurfaced like a bat out of hell...we hit it off like soul sisters - and I have YOU to thank for all the positive changes going on around my house. I only hope I can inspire your PC business the way you have inspired my life-reorganization.

<sniff sniff>
Group Hug everyone!!!!

Ok...why you gona go and make me cry on a message board. Kevin is like I am soooooooooooo proud of you. Look at your affecting soo many people on a message board. I didn't think I could or would ever,but THAT IS JUST SOOOOOOOO COOL! SO Many things affect my life, and I want to use my creative outlets soooo much and this seems to be that way. It use to bother me soo much that people said I didn't cook and now I can say I cook, run my own business, have new friends, work, and basicallly say NA NA NA NA NA...hahahahahahha. LMAO. Thank you Carolyn. I never thought after my best friend moved back to Maine I would meet someone so close to my personality. VERY VERY COOL. Country music..."the dance"....just over all light life way of thinking. Fun way of thinking. I hope it is for a long time friend future.

I keep hinting for Kevin, "Oh well, for when I go to Chicago...haha. I wonder if he gets the hint yet.....LOL.

I went through my old CN and ripped out stuff I wanted to save other wise I recycled them. Don't forget to recycle your papers, donate old clothes and toys-save the planet!

Ann

I don't keep my cn...they're online if i need somethin!:rolleyes:

Jilleysue said:
Ummmmmmm, Maybe I should get my STAR early???? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH. THOUGHT I WOULD TRY...............!!!!!
Hey Jilleysue, at the rate you are going you should have it before the weekend is over :D ! I wonder if Admin Greg has a special color for you just for being the fastest ever to get your star?

Hey Yeah....I think that would be a VERY GOOD IDEA LINDA....hahahaha!!!!

Yeah Jilly- you are at 12.3 posts per day!! Slow down or you are going to be gunning for your pink star soon!

Ok..let me figure this out. ummm 600 in about a month...that is only 7 months and I catch up to you Gillian...Lord..that is a long time. I am going to have to start posting more than that...DO DO DO DO DO...LMAO!!!

Well, my baby will be here in May/June and I will be lucky to get one here every couple days. That will surely give everyone a chance to catch up!

Phew..Thank god for kids...LOL. Slow you down..speed me up..HEHEHEHE.
MAY/June huh. Well my birthday is May 16th..I think that is a GREAT DAY!!!!!!

My son's birthday is also May 16th, so unfortunetly that is the one day on May I am avoiding!!

Oh really..well thats ok then. You already have a Day 16 baby. That is very cool!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really only due June 19th, but I always go sometime in the 36th week, which puts me around May 23rd at the earliest.

Okay, where is the thread that you all are talking about?

1. What is the purpose of organizing my CN collection into one binder?

The purpose of organizing your CN collection into one binder is to have all your recipes in one easily accessible and organized location. This will save you time and make it easier to find the recipes you need when you need them.

2. How should I categorize my recipes in the binder?

We recommend categorizing your recipes by meal type (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks), cooking method (grilling, baking, stovetop), or by ingredient (chicken, pasta, vegetarian). Choose a system that works best for you and stick to it for consistency.

3. What supplies do I need to create my CN binder?

To create your CN binder, you will need a 3-ring binder, dividers, sheet protectors, and labels. You may also want to invest in recipe card protectors for added protection.

4. How do I organize my recipes within each category?

Within each category, you can organize your recipes alphabetically, by cooking time, or by difficulty level. You can also create subcategories within each main category for further organization.

5. Can I add my own recipes to the binder?

Yes, you can definitely add your own recipes to the binder. Simply print them out on standard letter-sized paper and insert them into the appropriate category. You can also handwrite your recipes on blank recipe cards and insert them into the binder using recipe card protectors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • iteachurkid
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
kzegar
  • amy07