• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Order Cancellation Alert: Tips for Handling Cancelled Online Orders

In summary, the customer canceled the order. The summary does not provide any additional information.
esavvymom
Staff member
ACK!! I just got an email that an order placed over the weekend for $125 on my PWS was CANCELED yesterday. :cry: That order helped me stay active this month (thankfully I still have some time).

It doesn't tell me if the customer canceled it or if it was a problem. I don't want to put her in an awkward spot, but I'm thinking I should call the customer to make sure that she was the one who canceled it- in case there was a problem with the order- I'm assuming Pampered Chef wouldn't cancel the order- only the customer.

Anyone else have this happen? Here I got all excited when I saw the email and then had to look really closely to figure out why I received what appeared to be a duplicate. That just made my day- NOT!:(

She probably meant to order on a show and realized she didn't.

I wish. I don't have any shows going right now. I had spoken to her on the phone that Friday and she had asked for my website, etc- was looking for the outlet. I'll try giving her a call later. Maybe it was buyer's remorse and she decided not to spend that much (or her husband had a fit :).) Oh well. It's a bummer, but to be expected.

No, I meant that maybe she meant to order on someone else's show and got directed to your PWS - are you a director?

No. Just a plain ole- barely surviving consultant. :) She had emailed me right after placing her order to tell me that she did and that she made sure it had my name on the top of the site so I got credit for it (she sells Stampin' Up, etc, so she understands I guess how PWS can work). She had asked me to call her about placing an order, so I am fairly sure that she wasn't trying to do a show - UNLESS someone came along later this week and said "Oh darn! I was having a show...I wish you would have ordered on mine." I suppose that could have happened.

oh well, so much for that theory :( sorry about that.

No...you actually got me thinking. Her daughter is getting married in May. I had talked to her about the registry but the daughter didn't seem interested (at the time). I know that her mom was going to get her a few things. I had suggested maybe hosting a cooking show here and getting her daughter stuff that way. Maybe she decided she wants to do that instead- save money on shipping, etc and get free/discounted product instead. I'll call her later this afternoon when she'd be home, and I'll find out- or maybe figure out a way to hint at that depending on why she canceled. :)

any update on what happened?

I'm interested too....lol.

I haven't been able to get ahold of her yet. I left a message with her husband about an hour ago.

So, I FINALLY got ahold of this lady- partly my fault...but she's been really sick the last month, so I usually just get voicemail. But I finally just sent her an email a couple days ago- in the off chance I caught her that way. I was nice, and just said I wanted to check and make sure that she was the one who canceled the order. I said "our company has had a few system upgrades and I know they're working through the growing pains, but wanted to make sure it didn't somehow get caught in this". A little fudge of course...I didn't want to say "Hey..did your credit card go over the limit or what??" :D But I also said that because of the amount of product (she had a $125 order before shipping), maybe she'd consider having a show, etc etc.She emailed me today that she didn't cancel the order! WHOA! now, the email from PC said it was canceled. The Shipment Status is a little confusing- the summary page says it is now on "Hold", but when I click on the order #, it says "Picking"...but it's said that the last few days. So I just sent an email to the Solution Center (i can't sit on hold tonight...have a meeting) to find out. But I called her and told her I was on it.Thankfully, she only had 1 or 2 items that may not be available now- the Heart Dish and the SB. I have a dish coming for my own order, and I have SBs...so thankfully, I could give her what she ordered. But I hope PC sorts it out quickly! I can't believe they didn't notify her or at least me. It's been almost 2 weeks!

WTH?? I just got an email from the Solution Center.
"We have updated your order as per your instructions. The payment provided was accepted and your order has been released for shipment. Please advise if you require any additional assistance with this matter."No explanation whatsoever....Oh..so sorry- it's only been 2 Weeks!! Maybe I SHOULD have waited on hold. Well, hopefully, they don't have anything missing from it that I have to fill in with my own. :DI'll feel better when I see it has shipped though.

Well, short version update:After 3 different phone calls, all leading me back to the first lady who was waiting on a Supervisor's comment/resolution advice, no one was able to give a definitive reason as to what happened to the order. It was still 'canceled'...or rather, several individual line items were canceled, which messed up the entire order. Long story short, she had to re-order all of her items (which amazingly, the lady did!). I'm still not convinced this is over though. Because I got credit for the sale from February (it showed up after the 3/3 email to HO), and I got paid the commission. HO said that they did NOT charge her credit card that they could see, but I"m hoping that's the case!So I just explained it away to the customer as a victim of the upgrades (which I suspect it was truly anyway). I also bent over backwards for customer service. The lady doesn't drive or have a car and had asked me about some Taste of Home recipe magazine that you see at the grocery check-out lines. I actually hand-delivered 2 of them to her, along with the Fall Season's Best (since her new order wouldn't have the Fall version, she'd only be able to get the Spring). So I was kissing up. All that may have been for little...since I still haven't gotten the online activity email saying her order was placed (on Saturday the 14th, today is the 17th). :( I'm hoping it didn't go to someone else after all of that. But *sigh* oh well if it did. I know she'll still come back to me.

1. Why was my online order cancelled?

There are a few reasons why your online order may have been cancelled. It could be due to an issue with payment, an out of stock item, or an error in the order. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

2. Can I still receive my cancelled order?

If your order was cancelled due to an out of stock item, we may be able to fulfill it once the item is back in stock. Please contact our customer service team to see if this is possible.

3. Will I be refunded for my cancelled order?

If your order was cancelled due to an issue with payment, you will not be refunded as the payment was not processed. If your order was cancelled for any other reason, you will be refunded the full amount.

4. How long does it take to receive a refund for a cancelled order?

Refunds for cancelled orders typically take 5-7 business days to process and appear back in your account. If you do not see the refund after this time frame, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. Can I cancel my order after it has been processed?

If your order has already been processed and shipped, it cannot be cancelled. However, you may be able to return the items for a refund. Please refer to our return policy or contact our customer service team for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies