• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opinions - Best Day/Time for Successful Open Houses?

In summary, the author is considering holding their Spring Open House on different days and times this year. They are considering doing it on a weekday evening and a weekend.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
Last fall I did my Open House on a weekday evening. This year I'm trying to decide the best day/time to hold my Spring Open House. I may even try one weekday evening AND a weekend.

What has worked for you?

I've always had a good turn out doing a weeknight open house, but I've always just done them for the fall/winter season.....I'm thinking I'll do mine the first Sat in March this year 11-1......

I did a Sunday 1-4 and had about 1/2 doz people. This time I'm doing Saturday 12-2. We shall see!

I'm doing mine on a Friday night just because it was the only time I had available. I know a lot of consultants on here do two times, one evening and another morning or afternoon. I'm interested to see how people make out at different times this year, hopefully it'll give me some ideas for when to have mine next fall...

I do mine on Friday nights (people like to go out then 6-9) and for people who can't make it at night Sunday afternoons go well. (1-4) That way you get the people that may just be getting out of church as well. If you do it the same weekend.....your house will already be prepped for the party and you can maybe reuse some food like dips, pop etc. Just a thought! Also, when I do these, I ask for an RSVP (for a drawing ) so I know how many are coming. Usually I make up a basket with a few little PC items in it and some things from the dollar store. It goes over well. Usually put about $10 into that. You could make a few new recipes and display the new products if you've earned those. If not, ask your Director for them.....they get them for free! I also have a squareboard that I sell out when they come in the door (winner of that gets $100 in product) Plus gives me $100 on my show!

I did a weekend one last year and it bombed... this year I am doing a Thu night with a presentation, not just an open house, and I already have 4 yes's and 1 no, but would like to order and I sent the invites less than a week ago!

1. What is the best day of the week to host an open house?

The best day for an open house will vary depending on your target audience and the location of the event. However, weekends tend to be the most popular for open houses as more people are available to attend. Saturdays are typically the busiest day for open houses, but Sundays can also be successful.

2. Is it better to host an open house during the day or in the evening?

Again, this will depend on your target audience. If you are targeting families, hosting the open house during the day may be more convenient for them. However, if you are targeting working professionals, hosting the open house in the evening after work hours may be more successful. Consider your target audience and their schedules when deciding on the time for your open house.

3. How long should an open house event last?

Typically, open houses last for 2-3 hours. This gives potential customers enough time to browse and ask questions, while also keeping the event from dragging on for too long. However, you can adjust the length of the event based on your schedule and the number of attendees you expect.

4. Should I provide snacks or refreshments at the open house?

Providing snacks or refreshments can be a nice touch and may encourage attendees to stay longer. However, this is not necessary and ultimately depends on your budget and the type of event you are hosting. If you do decide to provide snacks, make sure they are easy to eat and won't make a mess.

5. Do I need to have any special activities or demonstrations during the open house?

This will depend on the purpose of your open house. If you are showcasing new products or launching a new line, having demonstrations or activities can be a great way to engage attendees and showcase the products. However, if the event is more of a general showcase, you may not need any special activities. Consider your goals for the open house and what will best engage your audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbechtel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pamperedgirl3
  • jbondr
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jbondr
Replies