• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theBest Time for an Open House???

In summary, the best time for an open house to increase sales and/or bookings is between 1 and 3pm on a Sunday.
jbechtel
I've heard many of you say you've had success with hosting your own open house to increase sales and/or bookings. What time worked best for you - weekday evening, weekend afternoon, weekend evening? Is 2 or 3 hours better? I was thinking of Sunday afternoon 1-4 or 4-7 - If I have it over dinner hours I don't want people to assume they will get dinner meals. What's your opinion? What's worked for you?

I would make it short - 1 to 1.5 hours. If people think they have 3-4 hours to go, it will slip their minds and they won't come. If they know they only have a short time to look at the new products, those interested and excited will come. I'm having mine on a Tuesday night from 6-7:30. On the invitation I said: Please join me for a fun evening of sneak peaks into new celebration shows and new products, while enjoying a little sample of “Dine Out at Home!” drinks, friends, and great Pampered Chef kitchen products. Make sure to stock up on our discontinuing products! 60 products will be gone as of September 1!!!
That way they know that it won't be dinner and I hit the old products, new ones, and get them excited about the new recipes.

I agree. I did mine from 1-4. Most ppl were there by 1:30 b/c my flier said "live demo at 1:30"...I had 1 or 2 ppl stop by at 3 but that was it. Most ppl were gone by 3 so even just a 2 hr block is fine.

I've had a few of my own.... Grand openings and spring previews. I dont' list them as open houses but list the time it starts only which is usually 2pm on sundays. That way they don't feel obligated to stay any certain amount of time! And can leave when they feel like it!

I also do not say open house , people can then tell you oh i may come buy , i say your invited to a cooking show please RSVP by such and such date that way the have to commit if they are comming or not. the open house thing is so unformal people do not have to say if they will make it or not, a show they kinda hafta say yes or no. Iam doing one next week , i got a really good response so far !

i am thinking of doing my first one next sunday. i have my flyer made up (with the help of one i got from here and just re-arranged for me). i am making up invite list now. i am just worried i will do all this and no one will show up. i am adveritising to get their order in first to get the products before anyone else. what happens though if i do not get enough orders to qualify as a show? i know i can do an individual order. but i would want to combine them into one b/c of the shipping.....then what would i do about giving them each a receipt for the warranty?

I don't know if this is the right spot to put this reply--but one of my newbies said with the surplus of her spring catalogs she was going to put an order form in each and put in newspaper slots of mailboxes in her neighborhood --I can't have an open house right now as I am having a jewelry party for a friend who has had 2 PC partays for me--so I can't invite the neighborhood twice---so I am going to try this idea!!

Just FYI:D

Last edited:
Chef susan said:
I don't know if this is the right spot to put this reply--but one of my newbies said with the surplus of her spring catalogs she was going to put an order form in each and put in mailboxes in her neighborhood --I can't have an open house right now as I am having a jewelry party for a friend who has had 2 PC partays for me--so I can't invite the neighborhood twice---so I am going to try this idea!!

Just FYI:D

Don't put them in the mailbox. That's against the law. Put them in the door, on the porch, etc.

Just thought I would let you know that it is illegal to put things in or attatched to mailboxes! Hang them on the doorhandles of their house instead!

On the topic of time- mine is scheduled for noon. It doesn't really compete with afternoon activities, and a lot of my friends and family have little kids that need to nap around 2!

Last November, I had one on the Sunday before Thanksgiving from 1-3. I had a decent turnout. I held the orders until the end of the month to get outside/email orders (I told everyone there when I was sending it in). Then I sent the show in on Dec. 1 to count for my December sell-a-thon. I hope they don't do the HELD & SUBMITTED shows only in December this year like they did for June.

Related to theBest Time for an Open House???

What is the best time of day to host an open house?

The best time of day to host an open house is typically in the afternoon or early evening, between 2-6pm. This allows for potential guests to stop by after work or on their way home from running errands.

Is there a specific day of the week that is best for an open house?

Saturday or Sunday are the most popular days for open houses as many people are off work and have more free time to attend. However, if those days are not convenient for you, weekday evenings are also a good option.

How long should an open house last?

An open house should typically last between 2-3 hours. This gives guests enough time to browse and ask questions, without feeling rushed. If you have a larger event or multiple vendors, you may want to extend the time to 4-5 hours.

Should I provide food and drinks at the open house?

Providing light refreshments such as finger foods, fruit, and beverages can make the open house more inviting and enjoyable for guests. However, it is not necessary and can depend on your budget and the size of the event.

What is the best way to promote an open house?

Utilize social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to promote your open house. You can also send out email invitations to your customer base and ask them to invite friends and family. Displaying flyers in your local community and reaching out to your network can also help spread the word.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefDebi
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • kaseydee
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kaseydee
  • Chef Shari