• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Open House Hosting Tips and Tricks: A Guide for Newbies

In summary, the person has been hosting PC parties for ten years and is now having their first open house. They are unsure of what to do and are worried about low attendance. They are seeking advice on how to handle door prizes and what to do during the show. Other hosts advise them to not stress, enlist a friend to help and call guests to remind them. During the show, they should talk to people and let them try and show the products.
pamperedape
Okay. I've done PC parties for ten or so years now. As in HOSTED. I am about to have my first open house on Thursday. I've never been to an open house so I don't even know what I am supposed to do!!! I've got lots of stuff planned to have set up for them to try, but what am *I* supposed to be doing??

OMG - what if nobody shows?? It seems as if one by one they're dropping like flies!! :eek:

And, how do door prizes work? Do they have to be present? Every hour or so? HELP!!! I'm tripping...

I think I saw another post on another thread and it looks like you are prepared physically. I can understand the emotional freak. This is one you are doing on your own inviting friends and family and praying to God someone shows, right? I've been there and my first one...not so great. Don't stress or over think it. I have had a few now and they have been much better than the first (my family...not so helpful and now I know more people/hosts).I picked a name about every hour or so and they do have do be present. I give a choice of a few products that I am willing to part with (extras). Don't feel they have to be big. People just love to win! Even can do $ off their order if you want. No one knows how it is intended to go. Enlist a friend that is willing to be there the whole time so IF (it most likely won't happen) no one shows, you can laugh and eat yummy food.Call people to remind them...maybe while they are at work for some so you aren't on the phone all night (or get friends/family to help with that b/c it's easier for them to tell someone to show). Maybe call to let them know that you are doing a drawing for all present at 7pm or whenever makes sense.As for what you do during the show, talk to people and it takes care of itself. Some do a demo, but I have people come and go so I really just talk to each person and eventually those that have been there for awhile start showing the newest products to people they don't know! Have fun and *try* to relax. It will be fine.

First of all, don't panic! Hosting an open house can be nerve-wracking, but it's also a great opportunity to introduce people to your products and have a fun time. Here are some tips to help you out:1. Plan ahead: It sounds like you already have some great ideas for things to set up for your guests to try. Make sure you have everything set up and ready to go before they arrive. This will help you feel more organized and relaxed during the event.2. Greet your guests: As the host, it's important to make your guests feel welcome. Make sure to greet each person as they arrive and make small talk with them. This will help them feel more comfortable and engaged.3. Show off your products: This is your chance to showcase your products and let people try them out. Don't be afraid to talk about the features and benefits of each item and answer any questions your guests may have.4. Keep the energy up: As the host, it's your job to keep the energy and excitement going. Make sure to engage with your guests, play some fun music, and keep the conversation flowing.5. Have fun games or activities: To keep things interesting, you can plan some fun games or activities for your guests to participate in. This can also be a great way to showcase your products in a more interactive way.6. Don't worry about door prizes: Door prizes are a nice touch, but they're not necessary. Don't stress about them too much. If you do decide to have them, you can do a raffle or draw names out of a hat. Just make sure to announce the winners at the end of the event.7. Remember, it's not about the numbers: Don't worry too much about how many people show up. What's important is that you have a good time and that your guests have a positive experience.Good luck with your open house! Just remember to relax, have fun, and enjoy the opportunity to share your products with others.

What is "Okay, Really Need Help..."?

"Okay, Really Need Help..." is a Pampered Chef product that is designed to help with kitchen organization and meal prep. It is a set of containers and trays that can be used to store and organize ingredients, leftovers, and meal prep ingredients.

How many pieces are included in the "Okay, Really Need Help..." set?

The "Okay, Really Need Help..." set includes 8 pieces: 2 large containers, 2 medium containers, 2 small containers, and 2 trays.

Can the containers and trays be used in the refrigerator and freezer?

Yes, the "Okay, Really Need Help..." containers and trays are safe to use in both the refrigerator and freezer. They are made with durable, food-safe materials that can withstand cold temperatures.

Are the containers and trays dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the pieces in the "Okay, Really Need Help..." set are dishwasher safe. This makes clean up after meal prep and storage a breeze!

What are the dimensions of the "Okay, Really Need Help..." containers and trays?

The large containers measure 9.5" x 6.5" x 3.5", the medium containers measure 7.5" x 5" x 3", and the small containers measure 5.5" x 3.5" x 2". The trays measure 9" x 6" x 1". This sizing is perfect for storing different sized ingredients and for fitting in most refrigerators and freezers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sailorsarah
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Kasper2010