• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opening a Show: What Does It Mean?

In summary, if you have a show set up in P3 software then you can enter orders, pay bills, and keep track of your shows.
Monty060609
I know what it means to close a show. But I'm curious how do you open a show? Is it a official thing in the program where you know that it is open or is it kind of a place filer term? Or does PC know that you have a show out there to be closed?

My kit just came today so I haven't downloaded the program yet, which may answer my question. I have one active catalog show going on now and 2 more than will start Monday. Should I document that somewhere on CC or P3?

When you build a show in the P3 software, it's there & open until you finish taking orders, add the host order & enter in payments for everything. You then click on a "finalize" button and it walks you through the close procedure where it double checks to verify that you've used all the benefits and given all the guests & host (who qualify) the monthly guest special. Once you've done all of that, you can choose to "submit now" or "submit later". Once you've submitted a show, you can not go back & alter it.

ah ok, thanks. I figured it was in the P3 software that I'd learn more. I'm going to download it tomorrow.
So if you didn't build it until you were submitting everything to be ordered it wouldn't ever be 'open'? Building it early and opening a show is a tool to help lessen the task of entering all the orders at once, am I understanding it correctly?

Once you have a website then creating a show in P3 early will be more important because then you can create it on the website too allowing your hosts to email invitations, create a wishlist, and have his/her friends and family place orders online.

Setting up your shows in P3 helps you keep track of them too. It creates a task list for each show helping you organize when you've sent host packets, made phone calls, etc.

And yes, if you get orders trickling in then having the show set up in P3 and entering the orders as they come in makes it easier than sitting down with a big stack later. But for most shows you'll be sitting down with all the orders you took at the show anyway.

Oh and setting the show up in P3 will tell you the tax rate for that host's show too which is easier than looking it up on Consultant's Corner in my opinion.

When you first start out, if you are not yet purchasing your web site then it's really not that big of a deal when you establish a show in P3. It's just there for your records, the customer and host can't see it. When you get further into your business, you will want to establish it as SOON as you book it, so you don't forget! And like Michelle said, there are tasks associated with the shows that help you remember what you've already done for each host & what you still need to do. In the beginning it's VERY easy to remember. The further you get into the business the more & more the hosts all start running together & the harder it becomes to remember what you've already done for each show! LOL

Thanks for the info ladies. I thought it would be something that was in the P3 program but I didn't realize that it did so much for you and was such a big help. I thought it was only for submitting orders. Speaking of which, you can only use the PC credit/debit card through there right? What do I do for the first little bit until I get one of those?

At first they allow you to use a personal credit card. I forget now how long, maybe 30 days...might be longer though.

And that's just for customer orders that are paid with cash or check, if they pay credit card then you have nothing to worry about. I try to encourage my customers to use their debit card if they are debating between that and a check, so much easier for me!

What is an "Opening a Show" with Pampered Chef?

When we talk about "Opening a Show" with Pampered Chef, it refers to hosting a cooking show where you invite friends and family to learn about our products and try out delicious recipes. It's a fun and interactive way to earn free and discounted products.

How do I host an "Opening a Show" with Pampered Chef?

Hosting an "Opening a Show" is easy and can be done in a few simple steps. First, reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date for your show. Next, invite your friends and family to attend and provide a space to host the show. Lastly, sit back and enjoy the show while earning free products!

Do I need to purchase anything to host an "Opening a Show"?

No, there is no purchase necessary to host an "Opening a Show" with Pampered Chef. Our consultants will bring all the necessary products and materials for the show. You and your guests can simply enjoy the experience and try out our products.

What are the benefits of hosting an "Opening a Show"?

There are many benefits to hosting an "Opening a Show" with Pampered Chef. First and foremost, you get to try out our amazing products and earn free and discounted items. Additionally, you get to spend quality time with friends and family while learning new recipes and cooking tips.

Can I earn rewards for hosting an "Opening a Show"?

Yes, hosting an "Opening a Show" with Pampered Chef allows you to earn rewards based on the total sales at your show. The more your guests purchase, the more rewards you can receive, including free products and exclusive discounts. Your consultant will provide more details on the rewards program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Kris Renee
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kris Renee
Replies