• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ooh! Ooh! Mini-Catalog Labels!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I don't use the mini-catalogs as invitations, but those of you who do will love the new printable labels. It's a download. You just fill out the show information. It prints on labels you can buy from the office supply store. They're big enough to fold over the long edge to seal them.

Pampered Chef rocks!

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
FYI- you'll still need to put a sticker or piece of tape on the other 2 open sides to be compliant with USPS regulations.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Good reminder, Ann. Of course, if you're really good and slide it down far enough to seal the one end, you'll only need to seal one edge. Not too shabby.

chezshelly

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2007
They actually mentioned that if you print the info right on the address label you can use the end of that to make another seal. Way cool!!!

kreaser

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2008
even if you don't use them for invites, it's good to know that that size label will fold over and seal if you print on it right...you can make your own labels to put on there
ie...encouraging them to be the first to host a fall show so their guests see the products first..

use it to announce your fall open house

or whatever creative ideas you may have

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
That's right. They're the 6 to a page. And the illustration in the Special Edition CN shows them printed vertically, so the 3 1/3" measurement goes parallel to the writing. (Print on the page in landscape mode, in other words.)

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
http://www.officemax.com/office-supplies/labels-labelmakers/labels-mailing-shipping/product-ARS25495?history=0cu2o5tk|categoryId~10003^categoryName~office-supplies^parentCategoryID~category_root^prodPage~25^[email protected]|categoryId~498^categoryName~labels-labelmakers^parentCategoryID~cat_10003^prodPage~25^region~1^[email protected]|prodPage~15^refine~1^region~1^categoryName~labels-mailing-shipping^categoryId~652^[email protected]|refineName~Label+Size^prodPage~15^refine~1^sub_attr_name~1^region~1^refineValue~3-1/3"+x+4"

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
They're the 5164 or 5264 Avery labels (the only difference is how many come in a package).
Office Max brand is OM97794 (we get a better discount on the OM brand than the Avery)

Melissa78

Veteran Member
Gold Member
May 10, 2009
Staples brand is even cheaper WITHOUT the PC discount:

Am I doing something wrong? When I look them up on OM its 18.69 for 600 and 23.99 at Staples both for their own brand labels.

I did check Sams Club (online) and no luck there with the size needed.

Jun 16, 2009
I just love all the ideas that are passed around on here! I've never used the mini's for invites, but that sounds like a great idea. :chef:

Malinda Klein

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2008
Does anyone know if the the mini's will get destroyed in the mail (when not put in a separate envelope). I'm soooooo excited about sending out mini's without the extra invitation and envelope. A timesaver and money saver too - just gotta love that :)

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Standard first class, 44¢.

Thanks! So for me, if it's going to cost me 44¢ anyway, I'd rather just stick them in an envelope with a full page invite or even as-is now that we can use the labels....and not worry about it getting destroyed in the machines.

PLUS, I hand-write the address on the envelopes- because everyone opens hand-written things FIRST when they get the mail :). I also put the Host's address as the return (printed on labels)...instead of my own, so it looks like the Host sent the invitation herself, instead of her personal assistant (that's ME).

JDooley

Dec 15, 2008
I wish I could hand write all the envelopes but I think most would not make it to their destinations. The poor post master would not be able to read them after the first 2

Krista Burson

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2005
I just love all the ideas that are passed around on here! I've never used the mini's for invites, but that sounds like a great idea. :chef:

Since I re-started last September, I've been mailing the minis myself as invitations (with a full page invite), and I have doubled the attendance at shows, and most of them come with a list of things they want to buy already. Then they see the big catalog and start changing their orders.

lmradlein

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
Since I re-started last September, I've been mailing the minis myself as invitations (with a full page invite), and I have doubled the attendance at shows, and most of them come with a list of things they want to buy already. Then they see the big catalog and start changing their orders.

My attendance has gone up as well as pre-orders. Also, not to many want to take the Full size catalog home now, so I'm saving there. For Fall/Winter I will only order 50 full size and a "ton" of minis! Seems like we will always be able to get the larger ones it's the minis you need to stock up on! I too put mine in an envelope with a full size invite.

taterbug

Mar 31, 2009
Does anyone know if the the mini's will get destroyed in the mail (when not put in a separate envelope). I'm soooooo excited about sending out mini's without the extra invitation and envelope. A timesaver and money saver too - just gotta love that :)
From the feedback I have gotten - yes, they do get destroyed.

Melissa78

Veteran Member
Gold Member
May 10, 2009
Wow great deal! Congrats on that one!

I think I'll do envelopes as I think they will be cheaper than labels and have a better chance of not getting mangled in the mail. September will be my first trial month for mini catalogs for invites so we will see how it turns out. Right now, I'm having chest pains thinking of the added costs. I just added up the cost of the host packets, catalogs, OOFs etc, postage, the cost of the mini catalog, postage, host gift, 1 guest give away and OMG... I'm here to make money and quite frugal. That's a big 'gulp' to swallow. But if the ROI is worth it, I'll do it. Time will tell!

chef131doreen

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2005
Someone at Conferens told me about CLEARBAGS.COM I so ordered 500 they came to 41.00 including shipping They are 6.00 for100.00 of them

So far I have used them for mailing them to post hosts LOVE THEM THEY TOOK SO GOOD

4 1/3 x 7 3/4 they have a flap to glose too.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Someone at Conferens told me about CLEARBAGS.COM I so ordered 500 they came to 41.00 including shipping They are 6.00 for100.00 of them

So far I have used them for mailing them to post hosts LOVE THEM THEY TOOK SO GOOD

4 1/3 x 7 3/4 they have a flap to glose too.

Stupid question- but where do you put the postage?