• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ooch! My Julienne Peeler Keeps Falling Off - Find Out How I Drew Blood

In summary,The author has several problems with her PC products. She lost the cover on her Julienne Peeler, has stabbed herself with the old Julienne Peeler, and has cut herself with the USG. She also joined the ranks of those who have drawn blood with PC products.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
My guard keeps falling off the Julienne Peeler. I was putting things into my turn about and I just "peeled" my finger.

Anybody else have this problem?

Not yet but I lost the cover because it doesn't stay on very well. I have cut myself with the following products:
USG
Tomato Knife
Apple Wedger
V-Shaped Cutter

I have stabbed myself pretty bad with the old Julienne Peeler - and yes, it hurts!

I ended up in the ER on Christmas day last year because I was too lazy to get the new mandolin out of my kit and I was using the USG. I threw the USG away after that!

My guard comes off too. I turned the guard the opposite way, so it fits tighter. Now it isn't falling off.

cookingwithlove said:
I ended up in the ER on Christmas day last year because I was too lazy to get the new mandolin out of my kit and I was using the USG. I threw the USG away after that!

My UM was in the car last night when I diced apples so I got out the USG, I just felt akward trying to hold it and slice at the same time.

My julienne peeler cover never stays on.

I am so embarrassed to admit this, but I feel I must...DH just doesn't understand how silly this seems to me! I was peeling an orange for my kids last Thursday, and it was a small orange...well, my hand slipped and I put a nice little gash in the palm of my hand with a CITRUS PEELER. Again, embarrassing...but now I join the ranks of those who have drawn blood with PC products...

What???
No pictures???
bummer...

sklay723 said:
I am so embarrassed to admit this, but I feel I must...DH just doesn't understand how silly this seems to me! I was peeling an orange for my kids last Thursday, and it was a small orange...well, my hand slipped and I put a nice little gash in the palm of my hand with a CITRUS PEELER. Again, embarrassing...but now I join the ranks of those who have drawn blood with PC products...

Hmmm... I thought I was the only one who could do something like that!!! I just did that 3 days ago!! How funny!!

sklay723 said:

I did that a few years ago & haven't picked up the citrus peeler since...I'm scared of it!!!! When I did it, I cut open the flappy skin between my thumb & finger....

The cover of my serrated peeler falls off and I've caught my fingers on it in my TTA! Oops!

The cover never stays on either my Julienne or Serrated Peelers. I was embarrassed, but in December I had my recruiter show me how to use a few of our products to my best ability. Basically, some hints to help me feel more comfortable using them at shows. Well, the Serrated Peeler was one, and we were working with kiwis, and the kiwi was kind of soft, and I'm a bit heavy-handed (unfortunately, not a delicate flower! lol), and it slipped off the fruit and took a CHUNK out of my finger nail and put a small nick in my finger. I had to have a Band-Aid! I was just glad my nail was long enough to break the fall, basically! Basically, our sharp items are SHARP, and come with a protective case for a reason! lol Now, if only they would all stay on...

Tammy

I've cut myself on the citrus peeler and the julienne peeler too! I have a REALLY bad scar from cutting my finger with a knife last year (I probably should have gone to the ER, but I really had to be somewhere) now I use my scar to talk to people about the finger guard.

I cut my hand on the Pizza Cutter taking off the safety guard. And I'm sure eventually, I will cut my hand on the citrus peeler! It sounds exactly like something I would do! My Mom really cut her hand very badly on the apple wedger -no stiches but required a visit to the Walk-In Medical because it wouldn't stop bleeding. I warn everyone to really read to directions and that the gaurds are there for a reason. My Mom pushed out the apples from underneath and that's how it happened. And I have never cut myself on the UM, but am still a little scared of it. I can't stand watching the "Pros" use one without a guard on Iron Chef! It makes me sooo nervous!
Jessica

Yeah, I warn all my customers about the Apple Wedger.

Related to Ooch! My Julienne Peeler Keeps Falling Off - Find Out How I Drew Blood

1. Why does my julienne peeler keep falling off?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that the blade is not securely attached to the handle. Make sure to tighten the screw at the top of the handle to secure the blade in place. Another reason could be that the blade is dull and not able to grip onto the vegetable properly. In this case, it may be time to replace the blade.

2. How do I prevent my julienne peeler from causing injury?

Always make sure to use the peeler away from your body and fingers. Hold the vegetable securely and keep your fingers away from the blade while using it. It may also be helpful to wear a cut-resistant glove for extra protection.

3. Can I use the julienne peeler on all types of vegetables?

Yes, the julienne peeler can be used on a variety of vegetables, including carrots, zucchini, potatoes, and more. However, it may not be suitable for larger and harder vegetables, such as butternut squash or sweet potatoes.

4. How do I clean my julienne peeler?

Cleaning your julienne peeler is easy. Simply rinse it under running water and use a small brush to remove any food particles stuck in the blades. For tougher stains, you can soak the peeler in warm soapy water before rinsing it off.

5. Can the julienne peeler be used for other tasks?

While the julienne peeler is specifically designed for creating thin strips of vegetables, it can also be used for other tasks such as peeling fruits, creating decorative garnishes, and even shaving chocolate or hard cheeses. Just make sure to clean it thoroughly between uses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
Replies
Views
floccies