• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alternatives to the Julienne Peeler

In summary, some alternatives to using a julienne peeler include a mandoline slicer, a spiralizer, a vegetable peeler, a knife, or a grater. These alternatives can achieve similar results to a julienne peeler, and there are also electric options such as mandoline slicers and spiralizers. Most firm vegetables can be julienned using these alternatives, and while some may require practice or caution to use effectively, most can be used with basic vegetable cutting skills.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
OK, silly question about the Julienne peeler.

If you don't have this ... what do you do?

I've tried chopping a carrot into little tiny think carrot sticks that were avbout the size of toothpicks.

I've tried slicing the carrot with the crinkle cut blade of the Mandoline (and almost cut my finger in the process!)

Don't have the zester/scorer so I can't do those pretty "flowers" either ....

Should I just slice it real thin with the forged cutlery and be done with it?

Di_Can_Cook said:
OK, silly question about the Julienne peeler.

If you don't have this ... what do you do?

I've tried chopping a carrot into little tiny think carrot sticks that were avbout the size of toothpicks.

I've tried slicing the carrot with the crinkle cut blade of the Mandoline (and almost cut my finger in the process!)

Don't have the zester/scorer so I can't do those pretty "flowers" either ....

Should I just slice it real thin with the forged cutlery and be done with it?

Hee Hee - I choose a different recipe!

I really disliked the old Julienne peeler, and so never used it or demoed a recipe that called for it. But I've recently discovered that the newer model is MUCH MUCH better, and now I've become a julienning fool!:D

(and I can't believe that, according to the spell-checker, julienning is a word!)

I ran into this problem last night when I made the satay chicken pasta salad for dinner. I just cut the carrots with a knife.

1. What are some alternatives to using a julienne peeler?

Some alternatives to using a julienne peeler include using a mandoline slicer, a spiralizer, a vegetable peeler, a knife, or a grater.

2. Can I achieve the same results as a julienne peeler with a knife?

Yes, you can achieve similar results with a sharp knife by cutting the vegetables into thin, uniform strips.

3. Are there any electric alternatives to a julienne peeler?

Yes, there are electric mandoline slicers and spiralizers that can be used to julienne vegetables with ease.

4. What types of vegetables can be julienned with these alternatives?

Most types of firm vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, cucumbers, and potatoes can be julienned using these alternatives.

5. Do these alternatives require any special skills or techniques?

Some of the alternatives, such as the mandoline slicer, may require some practice and caution to use effectively. However, most of them can be used with basic vegetable cutting skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sushimommy
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • esavvymom