• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ultimate Mandoline - Different Sized Slices Possible?

In summary, the straight blade is adjustable and can have 2 thickness options, while the V-blade is for thicker slices. The V-blade is also for use with things like tomatoes and onions. It is a food holder, not a "pusher."
koima
I've been playing with the Ultimate Mandoline and using the different blades, but I don't see the difference between the straight slicer and V slicer. They both produce very thin slices. Is there any way to adjust for thicker slices? I don't always want wafer thin slices!

It's also annoying that food has to be just that certain size to fit in the pusher. I wanted tomato slices and had a round tomato that was too round for the pusher, but I don't want tomato half rounds so I just cut them by hand. I can see this being an issue for a lot of things you would want cut into rounds, like wider onions or potatoes.

Totally agree. I had a problem with the V cutter last night during a show cutting tomatoes. It cut 3 slices then totally stopped. It was so embarrassing I ended up having to finish up with a knife. :(

The straight blade is adjustable. There's a little lever on the side. It's indicated in the use and care, too. The V-shaped blade cuts thicker than both the settings on the straight blade.

The straight blade is the one that has 2 thickness options. The V-blade is for using on things like tomatoes and onions. I'm still learning on this, so others will have some more recommendations for you. But I do know that you should select small, firm tomatoes. I think I heard the tip here that things should be about the size of the palm of your hand. So when you shop, use that as a guide. Also, for tomatoes, I only cut off the bottom tip and keep the top on. It always seems that the very last slice doesn't get cut quite right or gets stuck in the blade, so this way it's just the stem part that gets thrown out anyway. Also, it's a food holder, not a "pusher"--that can make a difference to the way it slices for you. If you go to CC, there is a demo you can watch that is very helpful. Good luck! :)

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Ultimate Mandoline. I completely understand your frustration with not being able to adjust for thicker slices and the limitations with the pusher size. Have you tried using the thickness adjustment knob located on the side of the mandoline? This allows you to control the thickness of your slices, so you can achieve the perfect thickness for your desired dish. As for the pusher, you can always cut your food into smaller pieces before using the mandoline, or try using the included safety holder to hold onto the food while slicing. I hope these tips help and that you continue to enjoy using the Ultimate Mandoline for all your slicing needs. Happy cooking!

1. What is the maximum thickness that the Ultimate Mandoline can slice?

The Ultimate Mandoline can slice up to 1/4 inch thick.

2. Can I adjust the size of the slices on the Ultimate Mandoline?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline has adjustable settings for different slice sizes.

3. How many different sizes can the Ultimate Mandoline slice?

The Ultimate Mandoline can slice in four different sizes: 1/16 inch, 1/8 inch, 3/16 inch, and 1/4 inch.

4. Is the Ultimate Mandoline safe to use?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline has safety features such as a hand guard and non-slip feet to prevent accidents while slicing.

5. Can I use the Ultimate Mandoline for both fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline is designed to slice both fruits and vegetables with ease.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jross93
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jross93
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u