• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Mandoline Slicer: A Cautionary Tale for Kitchen Safety

In summary, the old mandoline slicer is not as safe as the new one. The end of the fingers can get cut easily.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok.. I'm a big dummy!! I have the old mandoline slicer. Of course, I just love the NEW one and all of the features! But I needed to julienne slice carrots tonight, and I don't have the hand-held one so I pulled out my old mandoline cuz I knew it had a blade. that was a mistake!!I am now sitting here typing wth a giant gauze wrapped index finger because I took the end of my finger off whjen trying to run a small piece of carrot thru thje blade with my fingers....stupid stipid stupid...Seee!! I can't tuype!I'm going to have to go on disablituy! :cry: (i'm kidding but things are difficult without that one finger!) So let that be a good lesson for your customers who say "I have the old slicer". "Yes, but this one has some GREAT and NECESSARY Safety features that wiull save your fingers!" I'll try that at my booth this weekend. :DI'm sorry for the typos! :( BTW...can I sell an old product on ebay? I'm scared to touch it now!

esavvymom said:
Ok.. I'm a big dummy!! I have the old mandoline slicer. Of course, I just love the NEW one and all of the features! But I needed to julienne slice carrots tonight, and I don't have the hand-held one so I pulled out my old mandoline cuz I knew it had a blade. that was a mistake!!

I am now sitting here typing wth a giant gauze wrapped index finger because I took the end of my finger off whjen trying to run a small piece of carrot thru thje blade with my fingers....stupid stipid stupid...Seee!! I can't tuype!

I'm going to have to go on disablituy! :cry: (i'm kidding but things are difficult without that one finger!)

So let that be a good lesson for your customers who say "I have the old slicer". "Yes, but this one has some GREAT and NECESSARY Safety features that wiull save your fingers!" I'll try that at my booth this weekend. :D

I'm sorry for the typos! :( BTW...can I sell an old product on ebay? I'm scared to touch it now!

SO SORRY that happened to you. so sorry I'm telling you this too late, the old julienne blade firs in the new one...;););)

I tried it in the new one...first- it wouldn't lock in.so it kept sliding out Second, when I pulled the food slider over- it wouldn't slide over. So thats why I used the old. :( Maybe I'll look at it again and see if I missed something.

again..I'm sorry about your finger & its gonna be sore for days...:(

OUCH!! So many people have been injured...hence HO restyling it. Sorry you learned that lesson the hard way! It only takes a second, and BAM you are cut!

1. What is the Old Mandoline - Oouch!!!?

The Old Mandoline - Oouch!!! is a kitchen tool used for slicing and julienning fruits and vegetables. It is a handheld device with a sharp blade that can be adjusted for different thicknesses of slices.

2. How do I use the Old Mandoline - Oouch!!!?

To use the Old Mandoline - Oouch!!!, simply place the fruit or vegetable on the sliding platform and glide it back and forth over the blade while applying gentle pressure. Use the safety guard provided to protect your fingers from the sharp blade.

3. Is the Old Mandoline - Oouch!!! safe to use?

Yes, the Old Mandoline - Oouch!!! is safe to use as long as proper precautions are taken. Always use the safety guard provided and make sure to keep your fingers away from the blade while slicing. It is also recommended to wear cut-resistant gloves for extra protection.

4. Can the Old Mandoline - Oouch!!! be used for all types of fruits and vegetables?

The Old Mandoline - Oouch!!! is suitable for most types of fruits and vegetables, including firm produce like potatoes and carrots, as well as softer produce like tomatoes and cucumbers. However, it is not recommended for use with very hard or dense produce like butternut squash or pumpkin.

5. How do I clean and maintain my Old Mandoline - Oouch!!!?

To clean the Old Mandoline - Oouch!!!, simply rinse it under running water and use a brush or sponge to remove any food particles. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing. The blade can be sharpened with a honing stone or taken to a professional sharpener if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • clshirk
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenapc
  • krahema