• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Use & Care for Previous Model Mandonlin

In summary, the Ultimate Slice & Grate Mandolin is a versatile kitchen tool that can make slicing and grating easier. Always use caution when using it and follow the instructions for your specific model.
krahema
I'm searching for the Use & Care instructions for the Ultimate Slice & Grate (old Mandolin - where the blades store directly in the mandolin). My daughter's teacher asked me today about it - she inherited her Great Aunt's Mandolin, but doesn't know how to use it.

I told her I would find her some information, but when I contacted Home Office, they indicated that they do not keep Use & Care information on discontinued products. Am I the only one that is shocked by that? With everything stored electronically these days, I would have expected that they would hold onto information like that?

Anyway, if you have the Use & Care for this item, I would be very grateful if you would share it :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
It's very simple to use, put the blade that is needed in the slot and slice.

Unfortunately, since Home Office does not keep Use & Care information for discontinued products, it may be difficult to find the specific instructions for the Ultimate Slice & Grate Mandolin. However, here are some general guidelines for using a mandolin:1. Set up the mandolin on a flat, stable surface. Make sure the blades are securely in place and the mandolin is locked in the desired position.2. Choose the desired blade for the type of slicing or grating you want to do. The Ultimate Slice & Grate Mandolin should have multiple blades for different types of cuts.3. Place the food item on the food holder, making sure it is centered and stable.4. Hold the food holder with one hand and use the other hand to slide the food back and forth over the blade. Be sure to keep your fingers away from the blade to avoid injury.5. For slicing, use a smooth, even motion to move the food across the blade. For grating, use a back and forth motion to grate the food against the blade.6. For safety, it is recommended to use a cut-resistant glove on the hand that is holding the food holder.7. After use, clean the mandolin by removing any food debris and washing it with warm, soapy water. Be careful when handling the blades as they may be sharp.Remember to always use caution when using a mandolin and to follow the manufacturer's instructions for your specific model. If possible, you may also want to reach out to the manufacturer directly to see if they can provide any additional information or tips for using the Ultimate Slice & Grate Mandolin.

1. How do I clean my previous model mandolin?

Clean your previous model mandolin by first removing any food debris or residue from the blades and body. Then, hand wash the mandolin with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel. Do not use abrasive cleaners or put the mandolin in the dishwasher.

2. Can the blades on the previous model mandolin be replaced?

Yes, the blades on the previous model mandolin can be replaced. Contact Pampered Chef customer service for replacement blades. It is important to regularly check the blades for sharpness and replace them as needed for optimal performance.

3. How do I adjust the slicing thickness on the previous model mandolin?

To adjust the slicing thickness on the previous model mandolin, use the knob on the side of the mandolin to move the blade up or down. Turn the knob clockwise for thinner slices and counterclockwise for thicker slices. Make sure to lock the blade in place before using the mandolin.

4. What is the best way to store my previous model mandolin?

The best way to store your previous model mandolin is to keep it in a dry, cool place. It is recommended to store the blades separately from the mandolin to prevent them from getting dull or damaged. You can also use the protective cover that came with the mandolin to keep it safe and clean.

5. Can the previous model mandolin be used to slice soft fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the previous model mandolin can be used to slice soft fruits and vegetables. However, it is recommended to use a gentle and steady pressure when slicing soft produce to avoid damaging the blades. You can also try freezing the fruits or vegetables for a few minutes before slicing to make them firmer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CathyP
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
CathyP
  • emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies