• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Usg - What a Flippin' Klutz I Am!!

In summary, there was a conversation about the dangers and sharpness of the blades on the Ultimate Slice and Grate and the importance of using the food holder. The speaker shared their own experience of cutting their fingers while demoing the product and had to stop the show to get their husband to wrap them up. Despite the mishap, the speaker had a successful show and got bookings and a recruit lead. Others also shared their own experiences with the product and expressed their hope that it will be redesigned. The conversation also mentioned excitement for an upcoming conference where new products will be revealed.
kcjodih
Gold Member
:eek: So I've heard many stories about the sharpness of the blades on the USG and have always used the food holder. I'm still trying to get used to the darn thing and even while demoing it I share that consultants have cut off the tips of the fingers so using the food holder is imparitive!!!!

So tonight I'm demoing it with the food holder and a cuke and afterward I don't put it in my dirty crate because there is a 17 month old running around touching everything. So I"m demoing the cheese grater and go to move the USG out of my way and grab it right where the blade is. Instantly 2 fingers bleeding EVERYWHERE and I had to stop the show to have the firefighter hubby wrap them up. Tried a bandaid first, then got blood on the chilzanne while talking about it and stopped to have him now gauze and tape them.

Then later while cleaning up the area to make room for tally time, I put something in my crate and my other hand hits the darn thing and MORE blood. 93 shows and this has NEVER happened to me. No cuts, burns, spills, nada....So I now have 3 fingers gauzed up - all straight and on one hand I'm permanently flippin' the bird to people if you know what I mean LOL

At least it ended up a $1004 show and counting and I got 2 bookings and a serious recruit lead!!

Oh what a night! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warning! You are in my prayers for fast healing. That is
one gorry story. Did you sell any of them tonight? I've just about retired
mine. I was afraid of it in the beginning. Got more confident, and now am
rethinking using it at parties.

I can hardly wait for tomorrow. Four of us are flying out together from my area. I'll get to see the new products bright and early on Monday, when I go to register and take the 8AM Tour.

Jodi: Congratulations on the sales, bookings and recruit lead, despite your mishaps with the USG!!:eek:

Wow you've done 93 shows in less than 2 years? That's awesome!

Hope your fingers heal before your next show!!

Grandmarita said:
I can hardly wait for tomorrow. Four of us are flying out together from my area. I'll get to see the new products bright and early on Monday, when I go to register and take the 8AM Tour.

I'm flying out tomorrow too and staying at the Palmer House AND taking the 8AM tour as well! See you at conference!

I hope your hand is feeling ok. Just think of it as a lesson to people to never just grab something. I turned on our garbage disposal and something was in there. I reached down in there and low and behold my husband put my pink paring knife in the sink and it slid down in there. I cut my finger a little but it hurt like I had cut my whole hand. I am glad that you had a good show and some bookings out it.

Usg!!I hope that the USG is one of the items that they are redesigning. That thing is so dangerous-I never use it. I cut myself taking it out of the box for the first time.:eek:

Congrats on your achievements anyway!:D

kcjodih said:
:eek: So I've heard many stories about the sharpness of the blades on the USG and have always used the food holder. I'm still trying to get used to the darn thing and even while demoing it I share that consultants have cut off the tips of the fingers so using the food holder is imparitive!!!!

So tonight I'm demoing it with the food holder and a cuke and afterward I don't put it in my dirty crate because there is a 17 month old running around touching everything. So I"m demoing the cheese grater and go to move the USG out of my way and grab it right where the blade is. Instantly 2 fingers bleeding EVERYWHERE and I had to stop the show to have the firefighter hubby wrap them up. Tried a bandaid first, then got blood on the chilzanne while talking about it and stopped to have him now gauze and tape them.

Then later while cleaning up the area to make room for tally time, I put something in my crate and my other hand hits the darn thing and MORE blood. 93 shows and this has NEVER happened to me. No cuts, burns, spills, nada....So I now have 3 fingers gauzed up - all straight and on one hand I'm permanently flippin' the bird to people if you know what I mean LOL

At least it ended up a $1004 show and counting and I got 2 bookings and a serious recruit lead!!

Oh what a night! :rolleyes:

OMG!!!!
Talk about mixed emotions,,,,OMG>>>thats TERRIBLE:eek: :eek: :eek: ...OMG>>>>thats WONDERFUL:D :D :D
Well you'll have plenty of time now to read your magazine:rolleyes: ( should be there Mon. or Tues) Get well soon:p

Jodi,
I know how you feel. Congrats on the sales that is a great show!!!!

So sorry about your mishaps there with the US&G but it definately sounds like my kinda' days. :-/

1. How can I prevent myself from being a klutz in the kitchen?

The best way to prevent accidents in the kitchen is to practice good knife skills and always pay attention to what you're doing. Make sure to use sharp knives and utensils, and always be aware of your surroundings.

2. What should I do if I accidentally break a dish or spill something?

If you break a dish, dispose of any broken pieces carefully and clean up any spills immediately to prevent anyone from getting hurt. If the spill is on a stove or oven, turn off the heat and wait for it to cool before cleaning it up.

3. How can I keep my kitchen organized to avoid accidents?

Keeping your kitchen clean and organized can help prevent accidents. Make sure to store sharp objects in a safe place, keep countertops clear of clutter, and wipe up any spills or messes right away.

4. What are some common kitchen accidents that can occur?

Some common kitchen accidents include burns from hot surfaces or liquids, cuts from knives or broken glass, and slips and falls. It's important to always be cautious and aware when working in the kitchen to prevent these accidents.

5. Are there any safety tools or products that can help prevent accidents in the kitchen?

Yes, there are many tools and products available that can help prevent accidents in the kitchen. These include cut-resistant gloves, non-slip cutting boards and mats, and safety locks for cabinets and drawers. It's also a good idea to have a fire extinguisher and a first aid kit on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kkimpinski
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd