• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong??

In summary, the user has a love/hate relationship with their UM because it is hard to get it to work correctly and they don't push the blade in far enough. They also found out that certain types of food don't work well with the slicer and that potatoes and zucchini are the best. Cheese does well with the slicer, but the user recommends using gentle pressure and not pressing down too hard.
DeeDee616
I had the slice and grate and loved it and got the UM and i hate it! I can't do it right! It seems like the slider thing does not hit the levers to have the blade pop out to slice the food. I've tried everything. I've completly mangled a cucumber and an orange and an onion! What is my problem? Doe i really would like to use it at my shows but i am scacred to cause i always mess up so i've just been cutting everything with knives!

I have a love hate relationship with my UM. When I mangle my food on the thing, it's because I don't have the food holder lined up correctly. I have to take it off and place it back on so it's sliding correctly. I've also noticed that I don't push the blade in far enough sometimes. It seems to click in place but a fraction of space is still available to push the blad in farther. Keep practicing, and you'll get it.

Yes, make sure the holder is placed in correctly. That makes a HUGE difference.

I have also found (once the sliding part of the food holder is properly in place on both sides) that the faster you slice, the better it works.

JAE said:
I have a love hate relationship with my UM. When I mangle my food on the thing, it's because I don't have the food holder lined up correctly. I have to take it off and place it back on so it's sliding correctly. I've also noticed that I don't push the blade in far enough sometimes. It seems to click in place but a fraction of space is still available to push the blad in farther. Keep practicing, and you'll get it.

I too have a love/hate relationship with my UM and I posted a thread a month or so ago because I could not work mine for anything. It has gotten a little better with practice, but what I have learned is:
1) certain tomatoes do not work
2) must use firm limes and lemons
3) potatoes and zucchini work best ( at least for me)
4) cheese does pretty well
Also I realized and my DH told me that I did not have it clicked in place properly, it takes some getting used to.
I don't use mine at my shows and I don't talk about it too much. I have a lady that booked for June because she wants it and I hope she has better luck than I do.
All I can say is practice, practice, practice :):)

Also, do not press down to hard, gentle pressure :)

Think of the UM as a ski slope, the food slider are your skis. If you skis are not lined up right then they will slide down the slope. If they are on right, they will stop about 1/3 of the way down. :) Does that make sense?? Thats how my director told me and makes sense.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your UM slicer. It can definitely be frustrating when a new tool doesn't work the way we expect it to. Have you tried contacting our customer service team for assistance? They may be able to troubleshoot the issue with you and offer some tips for using the slicer effectively. Also, have you watched any tutorial videos or attended any trainings on how to use the UM slicer? Sometimes seeing someone else use the tool can help us understand how it works better. Don't be discouraged, with a little practice and guidance, I'm sure you'll be able to use the UM slicer with confidence at your shows. Don't hesitate to reach out for help!

Related to Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong??

1. What is "Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong?"

"Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong?" is a popular Pampered Chef recipe that combines a variety of ingredients such as chicken, vegetables, and rice to create a delicious and easy one-pot meal.

2. What ingredients do I need for "Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong?"

The ingredients for "Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong?" are 1 pound of boneless chicken breast, 1 cup of uncooked rice, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 chopped onion, 1 diced bell pepper, 1 cup of frozen peas, and seasonings of your choice.

3. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as beef, pork, or tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. How long does it take to cook "Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong?"

The total cooking time for "Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong?" is approximately 35-40 minutes. However, the actual cooking time may vary depending on your oven and the thickness of your chicken.

5. Can I add other vegetables to "Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong?"

Yes, you can add other vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, or mushrooms to "Um Help What Am I Doing Wrong?" to make it even more nutritious and flavorful. Just make sure to adjust the amount of liquid and seasonings accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• peichef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • tinat51796
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kcjodih