• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I the Only One Who Hates the Ultimate Mandoline?

In summary, the customer's current mandoline is not slicing onions or tomatoes correctly, and the safety device will not even open to do any slicing. The new mandoline that they received is defective and the safety device refuses to even open to do any slicing.
I agree ..I do not like the Mandoline.... I thought it was just me. I really can not see that saves time or food...Just as easy to slice it with knife. after ll you already got the knife out and its dirty..keep going ..This thread makes me happy just to hear that I am not the only one that dilikes this tool.

I love mine now. I was having problems too until someone told me "if you don't hear that click then it's not going to cut!" Now I always wait for the click.

Can't stand mine, NEVER use it. I'd much rather use the old one, even though my husband sliced the top of his thumb off and I almost took the side of my finger off a few years ago. THAT'S how much I hate the new one! :)

Thanks everybody!

Dave, I'm with you, I have one and it's really just too much hassle to use. And...ever since I took about 1/2 inch of my thumb off with one of these things, it's really hard for me to recommend them. Seriously, it was like that episode on Saturday Night Live where Julia Childs (Dan Akroyd) cuts her finger and it just shoots blood all over the place.

That's EXACTLY how it was, and it happened at a show!!!!

I'm not a fan, either. On the one show that I didn't demo it, I sold over $1250. So I won't be using it at a show again unless somebody requests for it:)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenapc
  • afokkema4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC