• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I the Only One Who Missed This??????????

it was a mess.The past host can redeem the booking benefit by reaching $150 in guest sales. Once guest sales reach $150 or more, the past host from whom the September Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after March 1, 2010) is eligible to receive their choice of ONE item at 60% off. They may select from the products available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show.
Past Host Booking Benefit: For the past host to redeem the booking benefit, guest sales (excluding booking benefit) must first reach $150. When guest sales reach
$150 or more, the past host from whom the September Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after March 1, 2010) is eligible to receive their choice
of ONE item at 60% off. They may select from the products available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show
. For use and reproduction
by Pampered Chef® Consultants only.

I thought this meant that if the consultant reached the $650 level the past host could choose 2 knives. Isn't that how it was last month? I let all my past hosts choose 2 knives and the hosts were counting on the sales to reach their goals, one ordered the steak knife set and the santoku knife. UGG!!!! Today is my husbands birthday and I am trying to get everything in now instead of waiting until the last minute. I have 9 shows to close:yuck::yuck::yuck:

I have never seen the past host be able to get multiples of the special at one show. And, their past host bonus does not count towards the $650!

cmdtrgd said:
I have never seen the past host be able to get multiples of the special at one show. And, their past host bonus does not count towards the $650!

The past host bonus DOES count toward the $650. It does not count to get the show to $150 but after that it counts to help the host get to a new level.

The flyer states that the past host can choose ONE of the 60% off items at the level the current host has earned.

A long time ago the past host could get multiples if the host earned them. I do understand the flyer now that I have read it almost a dozen times, but I did read it at the beginning of the month and to me it is confusing. I know they say one item but after that it says "They may select from the products available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show" and I thought that meant if it was a $650 show they got two knives. I am fixing the shows and calling the hosts, just a bit frustrated.
Glad I got it figured out before next month with the cookware, that would have been a headache!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure when it's been "pick 2 over $650" the past host has always been able to choose just ONE. I know the jargon can get kind of confusing sometimes.

It is interesting that it's stated that they choose from the level the host is at, because level 2 isn't anything other than the set. If they can't get the set, they should simplify the wording.

babywings76 said:
It is interesting that it's stated that they choose from the level the host is at, because level 2 isn't anything other than the set. If they can't get the set, they should simplify the wording.

They (past host) CAN get the set if the show is $650 or more, they just can't get 2 choices.

Oh for Pete's sake! Really?! Wow, I just wasn't getting that. :blushing:

It was a long time ago, but in Feb 2008 past hosts could get 2 host items.Really what I was saying though is I have been doing this 6 years and I did 12 shows this month, I read the fine print twice before Sept even started and I mis-read it. To me it is very confusing. Now that I know they can't have two it makes more sense, but I can't imagine if you were very new or only did a show here or there how confused you could get.

I want to clarify this a bit more. If the show is $649.99 or less the hostess can only get the level one chice. If it's $650 or above before she places her order she can get one of the level 2 choices if there are more than one - like in October with cookware sets.

In the long run this helps the current hostess a lot because when my host reached $650 the past hostess bought the Knife Block set at 60% off bringing current host up to the $800 sales level of free product. By making sales at least $150 before the past item can be added means some real orders are placed. In the past I had past hosts getting the cookware 60% off making their friends shows post as a valid show and then the current host to gether 60% off item all of the sales level bonus items, too. This was shady because it did count as a show even though there weren't any other orders. I couldn't say no because technically a show was just $150 in sales.

This way, I at least make commission on $150 or $650 depending on what my host wants.

Chefgirl2 said:
I want to clarify this a bit more. If the show is $649.99 or less the hostess can only get the level one chice. If it's $650 or above before she places her order she can get one of the level 2 choices if there are more than one - like in October with cookware sets.

In the long run this helps the current hostess a lot because when my host reached $650 the past hostess bought the Knife Block set at 60% off bringing current host up to the $800 sales level of free product. By making sales at least $150 before the past item can be added means some real orders are placed. In the past I had past hosts getting the cookware 60% off making their friends shows post as a valid show and then the current host to gether 60% off item all of the sales level bonus items, too. This was shady because it did count as a show even though there weren't any other orders. I couldn't say no because technically a show was just $150 in sales.

This way, I at least make commission on $150 or $650 depending on what my host wants.
This might be confusing for some (highlighted comment). I read "she" as the current host.

The rules are on the host special flyer but here it is in bullet points:

* show must be $150 before ANY monthly host bonus can be ordered
[neither host nor past host from whom the show was booked can order the 60% off item until the show hits the minimum] - this is great because every show going in will be at least a qualifying show with no doubt!

* in months that there are levels to the earning choices, the past host can choose from the same level that the current host earns (usually there is a limit of one item for the past host even though the host may earn more than one)

* once the show reaches the $150 level the past host can order a 60% off item. That purchase is counted toward the host's show benefit total ("guest sales") but the 60% off item is not commissionable.

* if the show is close to the designated amount to reach a new level of choices for the host bonus the past host CAN order something from THAT group and it would count to get the host to the new level.

For example:

a. Mary's show is $100. Susie (past host from whom the show was booked) places a $20 order (amount after her 10% discount) and also wants a 60% off item - her amt due for that item is $50 (before shipping and tax). Because even with Susie's order of $20, Mary's show is less than $150 Susie can not order the 60% off item. Mary get's another $30 order from Jane so now the show is: $100 orders + $20 Susie's order + $30 Jane's order = $150. Now Susie can order the 60% off item ($50 is her amount to pay for it) and Mary's show is now at $200 in guest sales ($150 commissionable).

b. Mary's show is $400. Susie orders a 60% off item for $50. Mary's guest sales are now $450, commissionable sales are $400. Susie's item has to be on the list that has host bonus items for shows in the range that a $450 show is included, as does the host, Mary.

c. Mary's show is $649 without Susie's order. Susie (past host from whom the show was booked) wants to purchase an item from the $650 host bonus level which costs $155. With Susie's 60% off item purchase the guest sales are now at $804! (Commissionable sales are $649)

This: I want to clarify this a bit more. If the show is $649.99 or less the hostess can only get the level one chice. If it's $650 or above before she places her order she can get one of the level 2 choices if there are more than one - like in October with cookware sets. (from chefgirl2)Conflicts with this: c. Mary's show is $649 without Susie's order. Susie (past host from whom the show was booked) wants to purchase an item from the $650 host bonus level which costs $155. With Susie's 60% off item purchase the guest sales are now at $804! (Commissionable sales are $649) (from bethcooks4u)Help!!!

skaugchef said:
This: I want to clarify this a bit more. If the show is $649.99 or less the hostess can only get the level one chice. If it's $650 or above before she places her order she can get one of the level 2 choices if there are more than one - like in October with cookware sets. (from chefgirl2)

Conflicts with this: c. Mary's show is $649 without Susie's order. Susie (past host from whom the show was booked) wants to purchase an item from the $650 host bonus level which costs $155. With Susie's 60% off item purchase the guest sales are now at $804! (Commissionable sales are $649) (from bethcooks4u)

Help!!!

If the show is $650 or more the HOST can get 2 items from either list (in October: she can get 1 5-pc set and 7-pc set or she can get 2 open stock pieces or 1 set and 1 open stock - any combination of stainless and/or executive but not two of the same pieces.

Trying to resolve conflict with c. Let's try a different example:

My host that I just closed had about this very example:
Guest sales were just under $650. Past host got the $155 knife block set so that put the show guest sales to just over $800. The host got benefits at the $800 show level. My commission is based on the just under $650 amount because the past host 60% off benefit is not commissionable.

Beth,
You do a pretty good job of explaining, maybe home office should hire you to write their fine print!

cincychef said:
Beth,
You do a pretty good job of explaining, maybe home office should hire you to write their fine print!

hahahahaha

I was trying to simplify (at least in my head) that if the guest sales aren't at $650 yet, the past host special won't get it there in order for the past host to be able to choose from the knife block set...crap, now I'm confused with my words. Anyway, my idea was to try to get the guest sales to $650 BEFORE adding the past host order so there is no confusion and everyone can choose from everything!

cmdtrgd said:
I was trying to simplify (at least in my head) that if the guest sales aren't at $650 yet, the past host special won't get it there in order for the past host to be able to choose from the knife block set...crap, now I'm confused with my words. Anyway, my idea was to try to get the guest sales to $650 BEFORE adding the past host order so there is no confusion and everyone can choose from everything!

But the point is you don't HAVE to get it to $650 without the past host. If it's close and she wants the higher level item say "let's try". If the guest sales total hits $650 with her order, then it's good. If it doesn't then say "we still need $xx to get you there" and many past hosts will help the host find that order because they get a benefit too. It's not all this hard!

1. Am I the only one who missed this product in the latest catalog?

No, you are not the only one. Our catalogs can be overwhelming and it's possible to miss a product or two. But don't worry, you can always contact your consultant or check our website for a full list of products.

2. Did I miss any special deals or promotions on this product?

It's possible that you may have missed a promotion or special deal on this product. We recommend checking with your consultant or keeping an eye on our website for any current promotions.

3. Is this product only available for a limited time?

Some of our products may only be available for a limited time, while others are part of our core product line. If you're unsure, please reach out to your consultant for more information.

4. Can I still order this product even though I missed it in the catalog?

Yes, you can still order the product even if you missed it in the catalog. Our consultants can help you place the order or you can order directly from our website.

5. Will this product be restocked if it's currently out of stock?

We do our best to keep our popular products in stock, but sometimes they may sell out quickly. If a product is out of stock, we recommend checking back frequently to see if it has been restocked. You can also contact your consultant for updates on the product's availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KCPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • BethCooks4U