• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Didn't Realize August '12 Benefits Were Tiered!

In summary, the host booked an August show specifically to get the steak knives, but due to a mistake by the summarizer, she only gets one set at 1/2 price. The summarizer offers to make up the difference for the 60% off and the host decides to take the offer.
ShellBeach
Yikes! I have a host who booked an August show specifically to get the steak knives. She wants 2, possibly 3 sets.

Entering the orders last night, I saw the red dot in P3 and just now realized the steak knife set is level 2 - she needs $650 or more in sales to choose it at 60% off. Oh noes!

The show is just over $300, so she can get one set at 1/2 price. That's the good news.

Any ideas how to break the news to her, that I made a mistake not looking at the host special flyer more carefully?

Totally my mistake! I sent her the 3-month combined flyer back in June & that is why she picked an August show. It says to "contact your consultant for details" and I never gave her the important detail about steak knives being a Level 2 item.

You could offer to pay the difference for the 60% as opposed to the 50%. I goofed this month also and told a past host she could pick 2 things, duh for me. Fortunately it was the cutting board as her second item. I told her the next time a had a 50% off I would get it for her and pay the difference for the 60% off. She is very sweet and told me not to worry about it.

She would only be able to get one set anyway at 60% off if her show was level 2 or above. I had a host wanting two sets as well. Her party was just over $1000 so qualified for the level 3. I tried entering more than one set of steak knives at 60% off and P3 wouldn't let me.

I'd offer to pay the 10% difference as well.

ChefPeg said:
She would only be able to get one set anyway at 60% off if her show was level 2 or above.

Right, but at higher levels you can get the 1/2 price items. My host was expecting to get one set at 60% and the second set as a 1/2 price item at 50% off. Two sets for $99, in other words. $44 + $55

I have no problem offering to make up the 10% difference for the 60% off.
But - I can't eat the 50% off on the 2nd set! That is $55! On a $300 show that is almost the entire commission!

Be honest. Tell her you goofed and that she can get one set. If she wants a second set, can she get more outside orders?

ChefPeg said:
Be honest. Tell her you goofed and that she can get one set. If she wants a second set, can she get more outside orders?

I agree...be honest. Tell her you didn't realize they were in the second tier. Would she have gotten more orders if she knew? At 300 she wouldn't have gotten them anyhow. She still has plenty of time to get outside orders.

It's not like you forgot to order them.

Last edited:
I agree that you should just tell her that you misread the promotion and show her the official flyer. That's why I always give the host the grid that shows what she can get at which levels (usually page 2 - I don't bother printing page 1 - pretty but too much ink to say less than page 2 does).

As they said, she can get one set at 50% off, if she just gets a few more orders she can get a second set at 50% off when she hits $400 in guest sales. The difference between 50 and 60% isn't that much and most hosts don't blink about it. If she seems upset I might then offer to pay the 10% but she might not really care. Then if she wants a third set she can use her free product toward that.

$400 show gets her two half off items....be honest and let her know what went on with communication with her....Good Luck!

Thanks, you are all making me feel better. I know I goofed by not reading the fine print:blushing:

She is a past host who mentioned she loves the forged cutlery, so I just blundered in my haste to tell her August had it at 60% off. She is also a former PC rep from about 10 years ago, so I hope she understands.

I'll mention the $400 level getting her another 1/2 price. Maybe she'll get some more orders. I already got her a $30 outside order that bumped her to the $300 level. Was kinda hoping to get 2 shows in to get the picnic basket promo, but with giving that $30 order away it's gonna be sketchy.

So I don't feel like doing much more for her, in a way:rolleyes: even though I messed up telling her about the tiers.

Ugh. I think I will put off writing that email until later this evening! I have the formal flyer downloaded to attach to it.

Ladies, dont know if you solved this problem, think about using a past host to purchase subsequent sets. Many of my past hosts are more than willing to help out in a situation like this as they can benefit in future by having the favor returned. However I do discuss it with them and ask - don't just assume.

Junes Open Kitchen said:
Ladies, dont know if you solved this problem, think about using a past host to purchase subsequent sets. Many of my past hosts are more than willing to help out in a situation like this as they can benefit in future by having the favor returned. However I do discuss it with them and ask - don't just assume.

Here's the thing. The host and past host benefits are a reward for inviting friends to order and for helping get friends to host. This all helps our businesses. The benefits are provided by PC at no cost to us. Some hosts won't take advantage of them. Some will choose to gift them. It is not our place to suggest that someone would want them even if the host chooses to let them pass. The host worked for it. If we give the benefits to people who didn't earn them it diminishes the program. And eventually PC could make us pay for those benefits like other DS companies do.

What are the tiered benefits for August '12?

The tiered benefits for August '12 refer to the different levels of rewards or perks that employees can receive based on their performance or tenure with the company. These tiers often include bonuses, increased vacation time, or other incentives.

How do I know which tier I fall under for the August '12 benefits?

Your specific tier for the August '12 benefits will depend on your individual performance and/or length of employment with Pampered Chef. Your supervisor or HR representative will be able to provide you with this information.

Are all employees eligible for the August '12 tiered benefits?

In most cases, all eligible employees will have the opportunity to receive tiered benefits for August '12. However, some benefits may be limited to certain roles or positions within the company.

What happens if I don't meet the criteria for a certain tier of benefits for August '12?

If you do not meet the criteria for a specific tier of benefits for August '12, you may still be eligible for the benefits of a lower tier. It is important to discuss your performance and eligibility with your supervisor or HR representative.

Can I negotiate my tier level for the August '12 benefits?

The tier levels for August '12 benefits are typically based on objective criteria and are not negotiable. However, if you have concerns about your performance or eligibility, you can discuss them with your supervisor or HR representative for further clarification.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• grgann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
  • Gina M
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • jessicafawn