• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Done a Waiver Before? I Had to Request One to Keep From

In summary, Kristen had to request a medical waiver to keep from going inactive. She had a seizure last weekend and fractured her skull. She is glad that the waiver was accepted and is on the mend.
kristenlee
Has anyone done a waiver before? I had to request one to keep from going inactive. I did not have any sales in August because I take that month off every year.

Then last weekend I had a grand mal seizure (my first one) and fell straight back and landed on the hardwood floor and and fractured my skull and gave myself a concussion. I was not allowed to drive last week and cannot drive this week either. So I had to reschedule my 5 shows for this month. Luckily they were all past hosts and when I told them why they were all very willing to reschedule (thank goodness for great host's)

Anyway, does anyone think they will deny my waiver request? I am just stressing out that I may lose out on over 100K in career sales.

oh, yea when I went into the seizure I was demoing one of the forged cutlery knives to one of my husbands friends. the friend took the knife out of my hand as I was falling. So it could of been a whole lot worse. I cannot do anything the easy way

I have never done a waiver myself, but I cannot imagine that they would have any problem granting one for you. I am glad you are ok. That sounds like it was really really scary. Have they found what caused it?

There's NO WAY they will deny your waiver! My recruit has had to do it 3 times this year and each time has just put "personal family reasons" or something like that and they never ask any questions.

So sorry that happened to you! Forged Cutlery in hand? It could have been WAY worse! Glad they were paying attention to you!

I had a medical waiver last year-Nov-Jan. I simply emailed home office requesting it for neck and back pain. I received am letter in mail okaying it.

Oh my goodness! I hope that you are ok. Do they know what happened?
I don't think they would deny your waiver.

Take care of yourself!! They definitely will accept your waiver. EMAIL it through CC.

...or, could one of your hosts put together a catalog show? Some may appreciate the option, especially if they wanted the cookware deal.

they don't know what caused it, I have had partial complex seizures for the last 5 years, but never grand mal ones, so I guess I have moved up to the next level. The guy who was with me keeps appologizing for not catching me, but my husband tells him it was more important for him to get the knife out of my hand and I agree. So hopefully he is feeling better about that, I hate that he is blaming himself for the extent of my injuries

I am glad that you are on the mend. I don't even want to THINK about how much worse it could have been! (Not that your injuries aren't enough!)

I pray that they can figure out what's going on so you can control them. PC will CERTAINLY give you a leave for that!

How long does it usually take to hear back about a waiver? I still have not heard anything.
Kristen

Wow Kristin! Is sure hope they can figure out what it going on ~ that's scary!

I agree - it was better to get the knife out of your hand......a concussion is minor compared to what could have happened with a sharp knife in your hand!

Oh my goodness.... I am glad to see that your doing okay........ I haven't done a wavier myself but it shouldn't be a problem... glad to see that your on the mend.

Wow scary. Take care of your self! I am sure they would grant you a medical waiver!

Here's my waver.
leaf_blower.jpg
Oh, stop it. Everyone's been waiting for it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Here's my waver.

Oh, stop it. Everyone's been waiting for it.[/size]

So true!! Thanks for the giggle:D

Kristen,

I'm glad you're feeling better. I had to request a waiver as well and it took them three days to email me back. In mine I just put personal reasons and they did not even question it. Because mine was a retro waiver it cost me $25 but it was way worth it not to lose my career sales and 2 team members.

1. What is a waiver and why do I need one?

A waiver is a legal document that releases a person or organization from liability for any potential harm or damage that may occur during a specific activity or event. It is used as a precautionary measure to protect both parties involved in the activity.

2. How do I know if I need a waiver?

If you are participating in an activity where there is a risk of injury or damage, it is recommended to have a waiver in place. This can include physical activities, events, or even certain business transactions.

3. Who is responsible for providing the waiver?

The organization or person hosting the activity or event is responsible for providing the waiver. In some cases, you may be required to sign the waiver before participating.

4. Is a waiver legally binding?

Yes, a waiver is a legally binding document. By signing it, you are acknowledging that you understand the risks involved and are waiving your right to hold the other party liable for any potential harm or damage.

5. Can I make changes to a waiver before signing it?

No, you cannot make changes to a waiver before signing it. If you have any concerns or questions about the waiver, it is best to discuss them with the organization or person providing it before signing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies