• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Ever Had a Concussion?I Hit My Head Monday and My Doc

In summary, the person has had a concussion and is experiencing symptoms such as pain, fogginess, forgetfulness, and sensitivity to light. They are going back to the doctor for an x-ray and are concerned about the severity of their injury and how long it will last. They are also worried about their upcoming shows and want to be back to normal by then. They have received advice to rest and take ibuprofen, and will pray for a quick recovery. The conversation also includes a link to more information on concussions and a personal anecdote from a friend who had a similar experience.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
Has anyone ever had a concussion?

I hit my head Monday and my doc says I have a concussion. I went yesterday b/c I was still in so much pain. My head hurts so bad, but it's not a headache hurt, it just hurts. Everything is so foggy & I keep forgetting things. I have to go back tomorrow & if I'm not doing any better (I'm not so far) I have to have it x-rayed.

What happens if I have a crack or something on my skull? They can't put a cast on my head, can they?

I'm so tired all of the time & my eyes are sensitive to the light.

How long is this gonna last? :) I have a show next Tuesday & a Mega Show on Saturday (10th). I want to be on my game with those shows!

Here - read up...http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/concussion/DS00320

Crystal~

I pray that you feel better quickly and that it's not serious!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Sorry
crystalscookingnow said:
Has anyone ever had a concussion?

I hit my head Monday and my doc says I have a concussion. I went yesterday b/c I was still in so much pain. My head hurts so bad, but it's not a headache hurt, it just hurts. Everything is so foggy & I keep forgetting things. I have to go back tomorrow & if I'm not doing any better (I'm not so far) I have to have it x-rayed.

What happens if I have a crack or something on my skull? They can't put a cast on my head, can they?

I'm so tired all of the time & my eyes are sensitive to the light.

How long is this gonna last? :) I have a show next Tuesday & a Mega Show on Saturday (10th). I want to be on my game with those shows!

So sorry this happened to you Crystal. As far as knowing how long it will last, it just depends on the severity of your concussion. Some can last a few days, others weeks. Get plenty of rest, take ibuprophen, no aspirin.

I will pray for you! I suggest you do get the X-ray just to be on the safe side. A fracture could be more serious and require more medical attention and some stronger medicine to help with the pain. From what it sounds like you might need to get the X-ray. I had a friend with a concussion from a car accident, but it went away after a few days of rest and ibuprophen.

Debbie :D

Related to Has Anyone Ever Had a Concussion?I Hit My Head Monday and My Doc

1. What are the common symptoms of a concussion?

Common symptoms of a concussion include headache, dizziness, nausea, confusion, and memory problems. Other symptoms may include sensitivity to light and noise, difficulty concentrating, and changes in sleep patterns.

2. How long does it take to recover from a concussion?

The recovery time for a concussion varies from person to person and depends on the severity of the injury. On average, most people recover within 7-10 days. However, some may experience symptoms for weeks or even months.

3. Is it necessary to see a doctor after hitting my head?

It is always recommended to seek medical attention after hitting your head, especially if you are experiencing symptoms such as headache, dizziness, or confusion. A doctor can evaluate your symptoms and determine if you have a concussion or any other head injury.

4. Can I still participate in sports or physical activities after a concussion?

It is important to rest and avoid physical activity after a concussion to allow your brain to heal. Your doctor will advise you on when it is safe to resume sports or other physical activities.

5. What can I do to help prevent a concussion?

To help prevent a concussion, it is important to wear proper protective gear when participating in sports or other physical activities. Avoiding risky behaviors such as driving under the influence or not wearing a seatbelt can also help prevent head injuries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MicheleC
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies