• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer Question

The handle makes the slices thicker because when you rotate it, it forces more pressure onto the food. The long grooves on the rod help to distribute the pressure evenly.
paulabatton
Can you disable the slicing portion of the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer

I had a couple approach me at the Southern living show asking about the Apple P/C/S, and I explained how it worked, and they were very interested in the product, but were not excited about how thin the slices would be (1/8" inch thick right?)

They still want it if they can either increase this to at least 1/4 - 1/3" thick or if they can disable the slicer blade.

I don't own one and was hoping that if any of you do... perhaps you could assist me in my question.

Thanks in Advance,
Paula Batton

I dont' think you can change the thickness of the slices, but I know you can remove the slicer all together. I use mine all the time, mainly to give to my little ones. Since the slices are so thin, I don't worry so much about choking since I cut up the rings for them. They're also the perfect thickness for baking!

hth, Debbie

So they just want it to Core & Peel? If so yes you can remove it. Years ago PC had a replacement part that made thicker slices. Its discontinued, but you might be able to get one off of E Bay or Lets Make A Deal....HTH

Ginger428 said:
So they just want it to Core & Peel? If so yes you can remove it. Years ago PC had a replacement part that made thicker slices. Its discontinued, but you might be able to get one off of E Bay or Lets Make A Deal....HTH

I think I saw this in the outlet one time too. Maybe it will appear again if they cannot find one..

Yes...they had it on the outlet last Oct.-Nov. I bought a couple & gave them to friends that have the A/P/C/s....:D

I got the green handled rod off of ebay for next to nothing. I know lots of people that use it instead of the red one. I wish they still offered it. I am not sure why it went away.

Thanks so much!Exactly the info I needed.

I think I will tell her it can be used without the slicer, or I can attempt to win item off of ebay auction if she'd like.

-Paula:)

So how does changing the handle make the slices thicker? I found 2 on ebay (but including shipping both were over $12 so I didn't buy one).

Its the handle but the long grooves on the rod are different.....

1. How do I use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

To use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, first place the apple on the prongs and adjust the blade to the desired thickness. Then, turn the handle to start peeling, coring, and slicing the apple in one continuous motion. Make sure to follow the instructions in the manual for best results.

2. Can I use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer for other fruits?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can also be used for other round fruits such as pears and even potatoes. However, the blade may need to be adjusted for different thicknesses of these fruits.

3. How do I clean the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

The Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can be easily disassembled for cleaning. Simply rinse the parts with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly. Do not put the blade in the dishwasher as it may become dull.

4. Is the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer dishwasher safe?

No, we do not recommend putting the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer in the dishwasher as it may cause damage to the blade and affect its performance. It is best to hand wash the parts with warm, soapy water.

5. Can I adjust the blade for different thicknesses of slices?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer has an adjustable blade that can be set to different thicknesses. This allows you to create thin slices for pies or thicker slices for snacking. Refer to the manual for instructions on how to adjust the blade.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lanelly7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • JennyJennJen