• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help With Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer!!

In summary, the apple peeler/slicer/corer is not easy to use with large apples. Using smaller apples is the key.
lanelly7
Hi! I am planning to demo the apple peeler/slicer/corer tomorrow and am stuck on one product feature. I can not figure out how to move back the peeler blade so that it can accomodate an average size apple. I have loosened the nut on top and moved the blade back a bit, but it only gives me a 1/2 inch at most. Right now, instead of just peeling the outside, it's cutting into about half the apple. I've also played with the little rod below, but all that does is move it entirely out of the way. Please help!! Thank you.

I have the same problem with mine, and I have been asking for years- an no suggestions anyone has will work.

I've never had a problem like this - have you tried calling Test Kitchens for their help??

You just have to use smaller apples.

Using smaller apples is the key. I just used mine in a demo last week and had a bigger apple, and it did not work at all. Needless to say I did not sell any of these at that show.

DebbieJ said:
You just have to use smaller apples.

D Levad said:
Using smaller apples is the key. I just used mine in a demo last week and had a bigger apple, and it did not work at all. Needless to say I did not sell any of these at that show.

Both of these girls are right.... the a/p/c/s is not easy to use with large apples... Also harder apples are your best bet.... on soft ones... I've just pushed the core out and had a big mess.... hard small to medium size apples work the best.... you will sell a/p/c/s like crazy if you demo apples like that!
Back when I use to do 2 recipes all the time, my first few years... (only do 1 now and that's it!!) I use to make the apple crisp a lot.... I sold a ton of dd bakers and a/p/c/s's!!:thumbup:

I just haven't mastered this tool yet! I think its more work then its worth - Give me my cutlery instead!!!

I had that same problem w/ the apcs pushing the core out and having a wreck instead of a nicely sliced and cored apple. I'm so glad I'm not the only one- now if only they would improve it.....LOL

I'll speak to my husband about this issue later - I had a problem with mine and he adjusted the blade arm somehow. Mine peel a very thin strip and I use larger Granny Smith apples. I threw my a/p/c/s into my car Saturday as an afterthought - sold two just by letting someone crank an apple through it.

Last edited:
I had this happend to a customer recently. She was using normal sized apples and it was cutting to the core. Her son took the spring off and loosened it. Now it works great! It was super tight!!! No way would a smaller apple have helped made any difference.

I'm so glad I haven't purchased this yet, and I was thinking of it. I have a hard time recommending items that are deceitful if they work properly or not.

1. How do I use the apple peeler/slicer/corer?

To use the apple peeler/slicer/corer, start by securing the tool to a sturdy surface using the suction base. Then, place an apple on the prongs and turn the handle to peel, slice, and core the apple in one motion. Make sure to follow the instructions included with the tool for the best results.

2. Can the apple peeler/slicer/corer be used on other fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the apple peeler/slicer/corer can also be used on other round fruits and vegetables such as pears, potatoes, and zucchinis. However, it may not work as effectively on larger or irregularly shaped produce.

3. How do I clean the apple peeler/slicer/corer?

To clean the apple peeler/slicer/corer, disassemble the tool by unscrewing the handle and removing the blade. Wash all parts with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before reassembling. Do not put the tool in the dishwasher.

4. Is the apple peeler/slicer/corer dishwasher safe?

No, the apple peeler/slicer/corer is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash all parts with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before storing.

5. Can replacement blades or parts be purchased?

Yes, replacement blades and parts for the apple peeler/slicer/corer can be purchased on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. Make sure to specify the model number of your tool to ensure you receive the correct replacement parts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • LUVANTIQS
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
LUVANTIQS
  • JennyJennJen