• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Using an Apple Corer/Peeler/Slicer - Advice from Cheffers!

In summary, the apple corer/peeler/slicer is a helpful tool for home chefs, but some people find it difficult to use. The stand is necessary to keep the tool stable.
bridgetbakes
Does anyone have advice or a flyer with tips on how to use the Apple Corer/Peeler/Slicer?

I have some people interested in it but they are afraid that it is going to be too difficult to use. I have never used it myself so I cannot give them any helpful advice. Would love to hear what you cheffers have to say!

#1 tip is to get the stand!

Also be sure that the apple is a medium size and FIRM. A bad core will not work. Use it for potatoes and pears too.

Firm ApplesFirm apples like Granny Smith works best. When I use any apple I put it in the fridge. Cold apples work better than ones at room temp.

If you use the stand, you need to place your hand on the stand and on top of the "U" shaped portion of the APCS otherwise it will wobble.

Any other tips? I have used mine twice in the last week and both times they were flops. I used it with Red Delicious for the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding and they would go through the corer, and I also used it with Granny Smith and the corer wouldn't line up with the actual core! I kept trying to put it on there in a different angle, but nothing would work!!!

Help!!!!!

I think this tool is too big and expensive for the job at hand. I use the vegetable peeler to peel the apples, and the corer to core them! I don't know where I would put this even!

I would never have thought to peel the apple with the vegetable peeler! Duh!

When you turn the handle ... go QUICKLY. This was the best piece of advice I ever received. And yes, use your other hand to hold the stand firmly.

Make sure everything is aligned properly. The part that spears the apple must slide through (test this without an apple) the round blade that slices the apple. If it won't slide freely through, adjust the blade (loosen the nut on the front) until it slides through.

A medium sized firm apple is another key to the puzzle.

gilliandanielle said:
I think this tool is too big and expensive for the job at hand. I use the vegetable peeler to peel the apples, and the corer to core them! I don't know where I would put this even!

The APCS is SO much quicker . . .that's why people buy this tool. It makes a tedious job easy and folks are more likely to bake pies and crisps.

gilliandanielle said:

OK... Now we're going to rumble! I LOVE my APCS!!! It makes everything so much faster and my hands don't hurt from peeling potatoes or apples.

I saw the wide slicing part to use in the APCS on the outlet- has anyone used this? Is it easy to use? Should I get one?
Koren

I made the Mom's Apple Crisp at my shows in Sept...
As people arrived at the guest's house I had them use the APCS with an apple or two...
I had kids wanting to do it over and over and OVER!! They were loving it...
then the kids were wanting apple slices!!! THEY WERE MY BEST SALES PEOPLE!! those kids coming and wanting more and more apple slices!
I never sell a lot... but you show it..you'll sell one!

and I agree with chefjeanine...go fast... going slow seems to just push the corer/slicer blade... and the apple doesn't want to go right thru...

And use the peel!! the kids will eat it!
~~ dip the peel in jello powder... bake it... HEALTHY gummy worms!

And I think it's a great idea to search for all customers that have bought the APCS and let them know about the thick slicing handle... If they respond...I never use that thing!...Give them a recipe to use it !!! That Mom's Apple Crisp... everyone loved, and it's cooked in the microwave! Very Quick!

I LOVE IT! It's one of my favorite tools. My best advice is to make sure you take the apple core off at the furthest point instead of pulling the handle back to remove the core. I knew better, but had an out of body experience and ended up with 4 stitches across my finger!

We used my friends at a show last night and one of the guests said she had one but never used and after using it she decided she needed to pull hers out

1. How do I properly clean and maintain my apple corer/peeler/slicer?

To clean your apple corer/peeler/slicer, simply rinse it with warm water and mild soap after each use. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it away. If any food particles are stuck in the blades, use a small brush or toothpick to gently remove them. To maintain its sharpness, you can sharpen the blades with a knife sharpener or have it professionally sharpened.

2. Can I use this tool on other types of fruits or vegetables?

Yes, you can use this tool on a variety of fruits and vegetables. It works well on softer fruits like pears, peaches, and tomatoes. It can also be used on vegetables like cucumbers, zucchini, and potatoes. However, it may not be as effective on harder or larger fruits and vegetables.

3. How do I use the apple corer/peeler/slicer without wasting any fruit?

To minimize waste, make sure to position the apple correctly on the prongs before turning the handle. You can also adjust the blades to cut thinner or thicker slices depending on your preference. If you notice any waste, you can use the leftover apple scraps for baking or cooking.

4. Can I adjust the thickness of the slices?

Yes, you can adjust the thickness of the slices by using the adjustable blade feature on the apple corer/peeler/slicer. This allows you to cut thinner or thicker slices depending on your recipe or personal preference. Simply turn the knob to adjust the blades before using the tool.

5. Is this tool safe for children to use?

While the apple corer/peeler/slicer is relatively safe to use, we recommend adult supervision when children are using it. The blades are sharp and can cause injury if not used properly. Make sure to teach children how to use the tool safely and always supervise them while they are using it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LUVANTIQS
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
LUVANTIQS
  • lanelly7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • JennyJennJen