• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird...

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's fear of flying for the first time, and their worries about having a nervous breakdown or anxiety attack while on the plane. They seek advice and encouragement from others, who suggest finding something to relax them and setting a reward for making it through the flight. Some suggest medication or distractions like music or a book to make the flight more bearable. The speaker also mentions their past experiences with buses and their plans to bring their iPod and a book on the flight.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I know I've mentioned that I'll be flying for the first time when I go to Leadership. Pampered Chef has made me get out of my box a lot and do things I would have normally never done. But I'm so scared to fly. Tonight I got to thinking about it too much and now I'm really worried. I know it's just me, similar to how needles terrify me and I can get myself so worked up having to go to the doctor sometimes I could nearly pass out and have passed out from getting shots before. I just need some encouragement. It's nothing to do with the safety of the flight but the experience itself and small spaces (I hate elevators!). I know I'm going to go and I will fly and I will do this, I'm just scared of literally having a nervous breakdown or anxiety attack when we get to the airport and/or on the plane!

I have pre-warned everybody that is going with me but I don't think they realize how serious I am about this. Luckily it is also a short flight - about 1 1/2 hours.

You need to find something that relaxes you and do it!! You will make it so much worse for you, and everyone else with you if you are freaking out the whole time. Just like a child, set a reward for yourself, if you get to Denver without having a break down, or annoying everyone else on the flight, reward yourself!! I know a million people have probably said "it is not a big deal", but "it is not a big deal". Go to your "happy place" and like Nike says "Just Do It"

Sorry you have this fear - glad you are going with someone. My suggestion is to take along some music (if you have an ipod or can borrow one) - have some calm relaxing music on it and just think of how quickly you'll be at your destination:) Since you've never been on a plane before - they are actually quite large. And once you do this - think of the possibilities of where you can go on your next plane trip! (Trust me - after having driven many long vacation trips - flying is great and so quick!) I'm sure Leadership will make it worth it as well. Good luck - try not to think about it from now until then. Also, ask your doctor if there's any medication you can take to calm your nerves while you're on the flight as well.

must be fear of the unknown.
I had not been on a plane before going to conference and I can tell you this.
Have you ever been on a bus? Like a grey hound? Pretty much the same thing, just not as roomy.
I thought it was fun. I stared out the window the whole time. It reminded me of being on those glass bottom boats in Florida. It was actually very cool.
Shift your perspective, you may find that you LOVE it!

I understand where you are coming from. The first time I flew, I was terrified. Luckily for me, I was sitting by my then boss the whole way up and we talked about the Conference we were doing in DC until she knew I was relaxed. I also sat on the aisle. That helped a whole lot. I even read some after getting relaxed... Coming back to TN, I sat by the window and loved it!

Valium is your friend...

aisle seat...beg borrow or steal it!

also, bring along a really engrossing book and start reading it while everyone else is boarding. you'll be so into it you won't notice all the airplane stuff as much.

dramamine knocks me out so I don't even know I'm flying!

You guys all make me laugh! Thanks for being there for me. I have rode a grey hound bus before, I usually have to sit on an aisle in buses too. I do have an aisle seat on the way out there. On the way back I'm 2nd in but next to my hospitality director so I think I'll be a little more relaxed. My sister told me to go see the doctor, she knows how I am about these things. I have my i-pod I'm planing on bringing along with a book (I don't go any where without either of those two things).

Oh and tell KG that his morning update news may have not helped! :) JK

wadesgirl said:
You guys all make me laugh! Thanks for being there for me. I have rode a grey hound bus before, I usually have to sit on an aisle in buses too. I do have an aisle seat on the way out there. On the way back I'm 2nd in but next to my hospitality director so I think I'll be a little more relaxed. My sister told me to go see the doctor, she knows how I am about these things. I have my i-pod I'm planing on bringing along with a book (I don't go any where without either of those two things).

I do not like tight spaces so I always choose an aisle seat, or better yet a seat in an emergency row. If there is one emergency row, sit in it. If there are two back to back, make sure you choose the back emergency row. The seats recline in that row. Also, never sit in the row right in front of an emergency row because those seats do not recline. Not a big deal until the person in front of you reclines his/her seat. Then you get a little squished.

My mom had the same anxiety. She's forced herself to travel and now has gotten over it. Her first time flying, she had the doctor prescribe a mild tranquilizer. Then another time she used Benedryl, (I think). Now she's fine, doesn't need it. And she also had a huge fear of boats, and now she has gone on a ton of cruises and loved them all. Good luck! Try to just be as prepared as possible, go as early as possible to get through the security checkpoints. (Curbside check is fantastic, helps to eliminate the long line inside at the ticket counter, just have a buck for each bag as a tip). Once you are through, then go to the bathroom, grab a snack, and get into a book or Sudoku puzzle book or something to keep your mind occupied while you wait to board. :)

my mother has a fear of flying and so he takes dramine before she flies and it really helps her alot

Related to Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird...

What is "Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..."?

"Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..." is a popular line of products from Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more efficient. These products often have unique shapes or features that may seem unusual at first, hence the name.

Are the "Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..." products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the "Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..." products are dishwasher safe. This makes cleanup a breeze and allows you to spend more time enjoying your delicious creations.

Do I need any special tools or equipment to use the "Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..." products?

No, the "Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..." products are designed to be user-friendly and can be used with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, some products may work better with specific types of ingredients or recipes, so be sure to read the instructions for best results.

Can I use the "Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..." products in the oven?

Yes, many of the "Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..." products are safe to use in the oven. However, it is important to check the product label or instructions to ensure that the specific product you are using is oven-safe.

Are there any recipes or cooking tips specifically for using the "Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..." products?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes and cooking tips on our website and in our product catalogs specifically for using the "Okay This Is Going to Sound Weird..." products. You can also connect with other Pampered Chef consultants and customers for ideas and inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NinaPChef
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies
Views
AnnaPChef
Replies
Views