• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sky Bus to Cease Operation: Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Announcement

In summary, the conversation discusses the news of Sky Bus closing this weekend and filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The participants express their disappointment and concerns about the impact on travel plans and the airline industry as a whole. One person shares their personal experience of booking a flight with Sky Bus and having to dispute it with their credit card company. They also mention other airlines and retail stores that are going out of business. Finally, there is a happy ending as one person is able to book a flight for their mom to visit their new home.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I work in the communications business so this just in ....

Sky Bus is closing THIS WEEKEND. They are filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

I am not sure what will happen to those who have already booked flights.

Hope this doesn't foul up anyone's travel plans!

(I was going to go with them but found out that while they fly from Columbus, and they fly to Indiana, they don't fly FROM Columbus TO Indiana! Guess they figure that if you can drive all the way to Columbus to get on a plane you can drive the other 4 hours to Chicago!)

I was just about to post this.

Skybus becomes third airline this week to close - CNN.com

This is the third airline this week! Yikes!

I hope everyone sees, I know that there were some counting on them for their conference travel plans. :yuck: :cry:

I was really looking forward to them expanding too! :cry:

My mom was supposed to fly in from Florida to see our new house on Thursday!!!! Now she has no ticket and no money.

She has to wait and do it as a dispute through the credit card company!

I really, really, REALLY wanted her here to see our first home!!! I'm pretty bummed right now!

khergatt said:
My mom was supposed to fly in from Florida to see our new house on Thursday!!!! Now she has no ticket and no money.

I really, really, REALLY wanted her here to see our first home!!! I'm pretty bummed right now!

Oh Kristy - I'm so sorry! What a disappointment for your family. Hopefully the dispute can be settled quickly, and she can make it up here soon.

khergatt said:

Oh Kristy, I am so sorry. How disappointing for both you AND Her. Where in Florida did you move to?

UGH!!! I knew they were cutting out flights.Cities were starting to disappear. My moms got a flight booked with them at the end of the month. This stinks cuase this was a 3rd attempt to get a flight here since January on different airlines. I dont really want to tell her. She'll flip.-meryl

I'm driving. At least I'm close enough to. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of you that have to make air plans.

khergatt said:

This upcoming Thursday? If so, has she tried to call any of the other airlines to see if there is a chance they would honor her ticket? I think they will sometimes try to help people out in these situations. At least it would be worth a try.

Sorry she is having to go through that. I know both of you are very disappointed. I hope she gets it resolved quickly!

I am finding it rather frightening that all these airlines are suddenly going out of business. I read onAOL that several retail stores are on their way out as well: Old Navy, Linens & Things and a few others...

No, we bought a house in OH, but she lives in FL.

I was actually able to book her a flight on USA3000. Now she is coming here on Wednesday and going home on Tuesday.

We did have to file a dispute with our credit card company for the other flight and now we are praying that we will get our money back.

I just want to see my mom! (and I want her to see this amazing house that God got us such an amazing deal on!!!!)

khergatt said:
No, we bought a house in OH, but she lives in FL.

I was actually able to book her a flight on USA3000. Now she is coming here on Wednesday and going home on Tuesday.

We did have to file a dispute with our credit card company for the other flight and now we are praying that we will get our money back.

I just want to see my mom! (and I want her to see this amazing house that God got us such an amazing deal on!!!!)

That's great to read! I am happy for the two of you!

dannyzmom said:
I am finding it rather frightening that all these airlines are suddenly going out of business. I read onAOL that several retail stores are on their way out as well: Old Navy, Linens & Things and a few others...
That will make me sad!

UGH! Yes, I saw it on the news first thing this morning. I had a flight ($52) booked, and now we had to go with Southwest for $229!

Now, I NEED BOOKINGS! so that I can make up for the difference!

My mom was supposed to fly back from CT, ( to North Carolina) on Wednesday via Skybus. I had bought her the $40 ticket for her Bday. Now, she will probably have to pay $150 (for her one way trip).

Linens and Things and Old Navy just built new stores near me. That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

chefkristin said:
Linens and Things and Old Navy just built new stores near me. That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Linens N Things has never been able to turn a huge profit-but Old Navy's profits have been depleting(as has the quality of their clothes, IMO) and are holding the share of Gap Holdings down-they're on the list of the top 11 businesses who are probably going to disappear this year. It's being predicted that Old Navy stores will become Gap stores.

:thumbup: THANK YOU to who posted this! We looked up flights for NYC last night on skybus and were getting ready to pay this morning! Whew THANKS!:)

What other airlines have gone out of business this week??
this is crazy!

Bren706 said:
UGH! Yes, I saw it on the news first thing this morning. I had a flight ($52) booked, and now we had to go with Southwest for $229!

Now, I NEED BOOKINGS! so that I can make up for the difference!

My mom was supposed to fly back from CT, ( to North Carolina) on Wednesday via Skybus. I had bought her the $40 ticket for her Bday. Now, she will probably have to pay $150 (for her one way trip).
Gosh, I'd be in heaven with 229.00!!! Add 300.00 to that and that's the cheapest I can find it from Spokane! Pisses me off!!!! I still need to book my flight..... ughhhh....

MissChef said:
What other airlines have gone out of business this week??
this is crazy!
ATA and Aloha are the other two.

I'm driving from North Carolina with DH before conference and visiting family in WI then he was supposed to be flying via Airbus to North Carolina while I drive to conference and then home. We got him a flight on AirTran for that day - one way was $83 plus tax = $101.

Last edited:
Thanks Beth!:)

AnnaPChef said:
Linens N Things has never been able to turn a huge profit-but Old Navy's profits have been depleting(as has the quality of their clothes, IMO) and are holding the share of Gap Holdings down-they're on the list of the top 11 businesses who are probably going to disappear this year. It's being predicted that Old Navy stores will become Gap stores.

If you notice, Old Navy outlets have already been phased out and changed into GAP outlets. I used to work for Old Navy, and while it wouldn't surprise me to see them close, I prefer their clothes and prices to GAP or Banana Republic any day.

chefbritt said:
If you notice, Old Navy outlets have already been phased out and changed into GAP outlets. I used to work for Old Navy, and while it wouldn't surprise me to see them close, I prefer their clothes and prices to GAP or Banana Republic any day.

My sister works for Old Navy, and the manager told them shortly after the story broke on AOL-however, the Old Navy she works at is in a Strip mall and there is a Gap three stores away, so the Old Navy become a Gap isn't an option there. Who knows what will happen?? Can the economy PLEASE turn around NOW?!?!?!?

Related to Sky Bus to Cease Operation: Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Announcement

1. What happened to Sky Bus?

Sky Bus was a low-cost airline that ceased operations in 2008 due to financial difficulties. They filed for bankruptcy and shut down all flights.

2. Can I still use my Sky Bus tickets?

If you purchased tickets for a flight that was scheduled after the airline went out of business, unfortunately, you will not be able to use those tickets. However, you may be able to get a refund through your credit card company or travel insurance.

3. Will Sky Bus come back in the future?

At this time, there are no plans for Sky Bus to resume operations. The company faced numerous challenges and ultimately could not sustain their business model.

4. What happens to the employees of Sky Bus?

When Sky Bus went out of business, all employees were laid off. Some may have found employment with other airlines, while others may have pursued different career opportunities.

5. Are there any alternative low-cost airlines similar to Sky Bus?

Yes, there are several low-cost airlines that offer affordable flights, such as Southwest, JetBlue, and Spirit. It's always a good idea to compare prices and read reviews before booking a flight with any airline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pckrissy