1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings OK- complicated question w/ past host benefit

1. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

Go a question probably for the seasoned consultant.

OK, lets say I have a show 12/1...and there is a booking for a catalog show in feb. The Feb host wants the knife block set. AND the DEC host wants the 7 pc S/S set

we used to be able to do this...

Can I have my past host order the SS set for $190...DOes that mean the Feb host has a $190 show??? so it qualifies as a show and the feb host can order the knife block set at $166.

I realize I get NO comm. But I think it would work... am I correct?

To my knowledge I cannot see that it would not work. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Nov 25, 2009
  2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

The past host's order counts towards your guest sales, just not commissionable (like you said).

Nov 25, 2009
  3. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

Some may say..WHY do that and make no comm....

my answer would be that I could offer this to my groupies... and they would LOVE me a their consultant. Continue to use & refer me for future business.

I would try to have them pass along a catalog as well to drum up sales.

Nov 25, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

It's a great booking tool. That month is a great one to point out at shows how it can benefit both the host and future host so much.

Nov 25, 2009
  5. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

[​IMG] In theory, it sounds like it would work. But I'm not sure if they have built in "rules" to prevent it from happening. I tried to do a bogus purchase on an existing Feb show, but the host & past host #'s for Feb are not yet in P3. So it wouldn't let me view the error messages that would have popped up.

If it does work in Feb, HO's reaction would probably be something like this: [​IMG]

I would imagine that they would loose a LOT of money with consultants doing that.

Nov 25, 2009
  6. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

February is typically a good month. They often have specials where you can get anything you want (including sets of cookware) at 60 percent off. They ENCOURAGE hosts to double-dip and book off themselves. They wouldn't do this if that was all that was in the show.

Nov 25, 2009
  7. quick related question: This wouldn't make you active for Feb. would it? 'cause it has to be commissionable sales?

I ask 'cause i'm having a baby this month and won't be ready to do shows by february... was hoping to get a catalog show booked, but as yet haven't. will just have to rely on individual orders i guess.

Dec 2, 2009
  8. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Right, it has to be commissionable sales.

Dec 2, 2009
  9. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

If I were you I would point out to her how beneficial it would be for her if she would get some more orders..even just $210 more in orders would put her at the $400 level..and she would get $45 in free STUFF, 2 half price items 20% off anything else that she would order. However if she just goes with the $190 past host order she can get the host special and 15% off of anything else that she orders. But that is all. If you told me that I would work really hard just to get $210 because I LOVE FREE STUFF.

Just a thought.

Have something to add?