• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Offering Theme Shows Instead of Recipes

In summary, BeckyD suggests that Hosts offer "Theme's" instead of monthly Recipe Selections, which would create more excitement for Guests and Hosts alike. She also suggests encouraging a "real meal" instead of dessert-only shows, which would be beneficial to both Hosts and Consultants. Jenna shares that she does not offer flyers, but offers the same three shows throughout the year: the 30 Minute Chicken Show, The Power Cooking Show, and the 6 O'Clock Salad Show. She also offers a Cold Stone Ice Cream Show.
stefani2
I think it was ChefBeckyD who offers 'Theme's instead of doing a monthly Recipe Selection for Hosts to choose from - can you share it - I think it is a great idea. It would create MORE excitement for Hosts AND Guests PLUS would be less overwhelming for a Host to pick from different recipes. I LOVE the idea - so could people who do this - please share your flyers, letters, or anything else that you have?

TIA :D

i would like to know same

I think it would create a lot more excitment AND be more simple for the Hosts.

Wouldn't it be more appealing for a Host to say 'Please come to my 30 minute chicken show with PC...' or 'Please come to my 6 oclock salads PC show...' than compared to 'come to my PC show'. It seems more fun, and like that is less pressure than just going to another DS show, ya know?

PLUS, I LOVE ChefBeckyD's idea of encouraging a 'real meal' instead of a dessert show - it would be more beneficial to the Host and Consultant for a lot of reasons!

Hi Jenna!

I don't offer any flyers other than what PC has already done.

At my shows - I show them the 30 Minute Chicken Flyer, The Power Cooking Flyer, and the 6 O'Clock Salad Flyer. I have been talking quite a bit about helping to show them and their friends how to make an incredible, low-cost, home cooked meal.

Then, For the 30 minute chicken, I use the Real Food Real Fast postcard invites, but this is what I put on the labels (I mail out the invites myself)

The Incredible 30 Minute Chicken!
Host: Mary Smith
Time: Tuesday, June 3rd @ 7pm
Place: 123 Main St., Grand Rapids, 49505
RSVP: to 616.457.1111 by June 2nd
Come Join The Fun!

There is a thread somewhere with detailed instructions on how I do the 30 Minute Chicken Show - I have had HUGE success with this!
What I have found for me is that desserts are fun - but when I can teach them how to cook great meals for their families, people are more apt to book and spend! My Cooking Shows (as opposed to dessert baking shows) are always higher sales and better bookings - it's just a trend I've noticed.

Thanks for sharing Becky. I really like this approach....it's so helpful. I do a lot of 30 minute chicken shows, but I think I will emphasize those other ones more than I have been.

(One dessert show I will continue to offer though, is the Cold Stone Ice Cream show. That one is already getting me summer bookings. I think there a flyer already on Chef Success. If not I can post more.)

I have one somewhere, let me see if I can find it. I'm offering all 5 current theme shows.

So do you let them choose any of the recipes in each theme? That would be a lot of recipes to have to be prepared for!

Here is the flyer I use in all my host packets.

Attachments

• recipes.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 454
rebeccastt said:
So do you let them choose any of the recipes in each theme? That would be a lot of recipes to have to be prepared for!

No - they choose the theme, and I tell them what the recipe is that goes with that theme. Except for Power Cooking - but I really push them towards certain recipe for that too, because I want recipes that use more tools than just the can opener. (LOL)

Leggy - I offer Cold Stone type ice-cream shows for the summer too.

How simple - don't invent the wheel, right?

Do I just search Stone Cold Ice Cream Shows or could you share? Sounds like a good idea - same as the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte in the Chillzanne Rectangle Server (unless that is what you are talking about). I would LOVe to do this idea, but I don't really know how the whole thing would go - as far as a Show Outline).

What do you think of challenging a Host to have 8 guests attending a Show and then I would bring a chocolate dessert (probably a Trifle)? Any thoughts?

Here's a flyer that made the rounds last summer. I haven't done either of the recipes on it. I usually just select a couple items (like oreo's for cookies 'n cream and strawberries for berries 'n cream). I've also made a quick choc sauce in the cookware.

You can add toppings such as skors, nuts, etc if you want the extra work (though with the interactive format, the guests can do the prep :)). I do recommend having a chilled stainless steel bowl for whipping fresh cream...I always sell at least one set when guests actually see it used (even better if they use it themselves).

And the microplane always sells for me when guests see how finely it grates chocolate. :)

If you feel like lugging some SA and you have enough small bowls: take a med square and four small bowl to create a mini ice cream bar (use the plate as a tray for the bowls). I tell guests they can do the same set-up for a mini taco bar, omelette bar, salad bar (perfect for a selection of dressings), etc.

Attachments

• cold stone shows.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 540
Would you please share your recipe for:
I've also made a quick choc sauce in the cookware.

Thanks,

Lisa

I have always offered my hostesses a choice of 3 themes, then I choose 3 or 4 recipes for them to choose from in that theme. I feel that it gives me better control over what tools I show ( and sell). It was also very helpful when I was first starting out as I did not have a ton of tools yet.

ChefBeckyD said:
No - they choose the theme, and I tell them what the recipe is that goes with that theme. Except for Power Cooking - but I really push them towards certain recipe for that too, because I want recipes that use more tools than just the can opener. (LOL)

Thank you! That makes sense and would be easy to do.

Wadesgirl...what a great flyer! Did you make it? Did you copy and paste from CC?

rebeccastt said:
Thank you! That makes sense and would be easy to do.

Wadesgirl...what a great flyer! Did you make it? Did you copy and paste from CC?
I made it. In my normal life I'm a graphic artist (well, I'm not really that artsy) so I use my graphics program to make it. I'm dying to get my laptop so I don't have to be so sneaky at work! Alot of the theme logos I had to rebuild. I use to be able to pull the PDF files into my graphics program and pull them out but now for some reason they are all really bad GIFs or JPEGs.

I think doing a theme show might make it more fun for the host. I believe I may try this.

I think the advantage of offering a theme is that it creates the idea of something special...and we all could use some 'special' in our lives:) . Why go to 'another PC home show' when you can go to a 'death by chocolate', 'cold stone', '30-minute chicken', or 'power cooking' party? It's really all the same thing, just different names.

On one of the first workshop CDs I listened to, the presenter talked about how 'anything can be a theme'. At the time, the show desperate housewives was all the rage, so she offered a 'desperate housewives' show...and featured a sinfully rich dessert. Her hosts just loved the idea and booked because of it. The irony: the consultant had never even seen the show, but tossed out the theme to see what reaction she'd get.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Would you please share your recipe for:

Thanks,

Lisa

Just heat a small carton of heavy cream til it bubbles up, take it off the heat, and stir in a bag of chocolate chips. This also works as a fondue. (With credit and thanks to ScottCooks :))

What is a theme show?

A theme show is a type of Pampered Chef party where the focus is on a specific theme or topic rather than just featuring recipes. This can be anything from a holiday theme, such as Christmas or Halloween, to a specific type of cuisine, like Italian or Mexican.

Why should I offer theme shows instead of just recipes?

Theme shows offer a unique and fun experience for your guests. They provide variety and can cater to different interests and preferences. Additionally, theme shows can help you reach new customers and expand your business.

How do I choose a theme for my show?

When selecting a theme for your show, consider your target audience and what they would be interested in. You can also take inspiration from current trends, upcoming holidays, or popular cuisines. Don't be afraid to get creative and think outside the box!

Do I need special products or recipes for a theme show?

No, you can use the same products and recipes that you would for a regular Pampered Chef party. The only difference is that you will focus on a specific theme and tailor your presentation and demonstrations to fit that theme.

How do I market and promote my theme show?

Utilize social media, email marketing, and word of mouth to promote your theme show. You can also create eye-catching graphics or flyers to advertise the event. Don't forget to mention the theme and any special activities or promotions you will be offering during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bunksc
  • NewtoMom