• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Bookings with Themed Flyers & Monthly Recipe Selection - Tips & Insights

In fact, that is what they request when they book. I hear a lot of "Oh - I want to do the chicken - I can't wait for my friends to see that!"Thanks!
missyciccolella
a flyer of theme shows or provide a recipe selection for each month (or even couple of months)? I've never done this as I've always told my host, "this month I'm doing (insert theme)" If she is opposed to the theme or the recipe I'll offer another selection.
I've been tinkering with the idea of providing a few options...anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you think it helps bookings? How does it work for you and could you share your flyer if you do this?
Thanks!

I used to just offer 4 recipes until this current season. I'm offering the theme shows with 1 recipe PC provided us with for each theme show and 1 recipe of my favorite choice for the theme. I'll do this until the new season and then change out. I like this idea because I can do the same recipe over and over again instead of changing, I don't need to change my packets every month and with changing every season, repeat hosts have a different choice. Right now I offer:
Bites and Bevs: Jerk Chicken Nachos and Club House Chicken Squares (with drink of choice)
Real Food, Real Fast: Aloha Pizza and (it's escaping my mind right now! What ever PC offers that's not the Asian Pork Skillet!!!)
Chocolate Delight: Chocolate Chip Sensation and Raspberry Cookie Trifle

I only provide the recipe list in my packet and let everyone know the recipes are on my website.

wadesgirl said:
I used to just offer 4 recipes until this current season. I'm offering the theme shows with 1 recipe PC provided us with for each theme show and 1 recipe of my favorite choice for the theme. I'll do this until the new season and then change out. I like this idea because I can do the same recipe over and over again instead of changing, I don't need to change my packets every month and with changing every season, repeat hosts have a different choice. Right now I offer:
Bites and Bevs: Jerk Chicken Nachos and Club House Chicken Squares (with drink of choice)
Real Food, Real Fast: Aloha Pizza and (it's escaping my mind right now! What ever PC offers that's not the Asian Pork Skillet!!!)
Chocolate Delight: Chocolate Chip Sensation and Raspberry Cookie Trifle

I only provide the recipe list in my packet and let everyone know the recipes are on my website.

Thanks!
Do you have any trouble with people who book from other shows wanting something different? I know you have a great variety, but I've done about 12 shows from 1 show in Sept...I'm bored with the recipe selections! LOL

Also, I'm trying to incorporate the upcomining host special and current guest specal a bit more in the recipe to create more desire and more booking...I'm really looking for input and comments from others to see what everyone is doing and how it works.
Again, Thanks!

missyciccolella said:
Thanks!
Do you have any trouble with people who book from other shows wanting something different? I know you have a great variety, but I've done about 12 shows from 1 show in Sept...I'm bored with the recipe selections! LOL

Also, I'm trying to incorporate the upcomining host special and current guest specal a bit more in the recipe to create more desire and more booking...I'm really looking for input and comments from others to see what everyone is doing and how it works.
Again, Thanks!

Missy,

I have been doing the 30 minute chicken shows - and people don't seem to get tired of it... In fact, that is what they request when they book. I hear a lot of "Oh - I want to do the chicken - I can't wait for my friends to see that!"

missyciccolella said:
Thanks!

Again, Thanks!

I've never had anyone ask for anything different. I just tell them that the recipe selections are in their packet and to choose one. It's really nice because I get to know the recipes I do. Plus I also know that everything in my kit will work on the recipes, I don't have to worry about switching anything out.

When I first started, my director says she offers the same 4 recipes she's been offering for years. She never had a problem with people wanting something else. She has two appetizer recipes and two desserts. That's what I started out doing too but I liked the idea of changing the recipes every season.

I don't offer recipes - I offer a theme - and have a recipe that goes with it. For me, this F/W season (not including Cookie Exchange & Homemade For the Holidays) it has been:

Real Food Real Fast - 30 minute chicken w/ garlic-parmesan biscuit bites

Bites & Bevs - Mini Pesto Pizzas w/ Cran-Raspberry Fizz

Chocolate Bliss - Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, or a Chocolate Trifle.

about 75% of my hosts choose the chicken.

I used to offer different recipes - but when I am doing 10-12 shows a month, it just gets too confusing, and too hard to be constantly repacking my kit when the recipe changes with every show. I do it this way because it makes it easier for me to do my job. I also do a better presentation, because I am so comfortable with the recipe I am doing!

I offer a theme/recipe of the month. For instance, in November I showed the Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle (to show the December host special...got 4 bookings from just doing that recipe).

In December it was Bites & Bevs (I did the Brown Sugar Dijon Brie --it is to DIE for:angel: & Cran Raspberry Fizz...got 5 bookings for January by showing the stoneware). January will be Real Food Real Fast...probably the 30-minute chicken Taco Bar (we make Salsa and Guacamole and sides while the chicken is cooking).

It's made my life much easier doing one recipe per month and I make sure I tell the guests what the recipe is for the coming month...helps get bookings and after the first one or two each month I know the recipe really well and can lay back and have fun with it. But it's definitely nice to know I won't be doing the same recipe forever.

If the host says she wants something different, of course I'll give her some options, but the recipe I talk about is usually what they take, since it's the reason they book.

HTH

Thanks everyone! I have a binder I pass with flyers form many different theme shows I've done in the past...I was booking many parties from this, but I'm growing bored with it and I have a lot of repeat business so I want to change it up...not sure what I'll do exactly, but after Leadership I'm really shakin' things up.

ChefBeckyD said:
Missy,

I have been doing the 30 minute chicken shows - and people don't seem to get tired of it... In fact, that is what they request when they book. I hear a lot of "Oh - I want to do the chicken - I can't wait for my friends to see that!"

Have you ever had the 30 Minute Chicken not get cooked all the way because of the hosts microwave? I've done this recipe at home and it's delicious but I haven't done it at a show. Microwaves cook differently so I'm worried that it won't get done if there's something wrong with theirs or it's old, etc. I want to suggest it for my Jan shows but wanted to see if anybody has had that problem before.
Thanks!:chef:

pamperedcheermom said:
Have you ever had the 30 Minute Chicken not get cooked all the way because of the hosts microwave? I've done this recipe at home and it's delicious but I haven't done it at a show. Microwaves cook differently so I'm worried that it won't get done if there's something wrong with theirs or it's old, etc. I want to suggest it for my Jan shows but wanted to see if anybody has had that problem before.
Thanks!:chef:
Be sure to check the temp - you should be ok that way.

Chefstover2 said:
I offer a theme/recipe of the month. For instance, in November I showed the Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle (to show the December host special...got 4 bookings from just doing that recipe).

In December it was Bites & Bevs (I did the Brown Sugar Dijon Brie --it is to DIE for:angel: & Cran Raspberry Fizz...got 5 bookings for January by showing the stoneware). January will be Real Food Real Fast...probably the 30-minute chicken Taco Bar (we make Salsa and Guacamole and sides while the chicken is cooking).

It's made my life much easier doing one recipe per month and I make sure I tell the guests what the recipe is for the coming month...helps get bookings and after the first one or two each month I know the recipe really well and can lay back and have fun with it. But it's definitely nice to know I won't be doing the same recipe forever.

If the host says she wants something different, of course I'll give her some options, but the recipe I talk about is usually what they take, since it's the reason they book.

HTH

I like this idea. I want to do some changing the 1st of the year & might try this. I usually offer about 3-4 apps & dessert & have the host choose only 1. It gives them options and I am familiar with the recipes. I do still have a host that wants something completely different. I will accomodate if time will allow.

Kristen, where is the recipe for Brown Sugar Dijon Brie??

Sallie_M said:
Kristen, where is the recipe for Brown Sugar Dijon Brie??

It's in the Fall/Winter 2007 Season's Best....

What is the benefit of using themed flyers and monthly recipe selection?

Using themed flyers and monthly recipe selection can help boost bookings for your Pampered Chef business. By offering a variety of themed recipes each month, you can appeal to a wider audience and entice potential customers to book a party.

How do I create a themed flyer?

Creating a themed flyer is simple with Pampered Chef's online tool. Simply choose a theme, select the recipes you want to feature, and customize the design and text to fit your brand. You can also upload your own images and logos to make the flyer more personalized.

Can I use my own recipes for the monthly selection?

Yes, you can absolutely use your own recipes for the monthly selection. Pampered Chef encourages consultants to share their own favorite recipes and adaptations of existing recipes. This can add a unique touch to your themed flyers and make them stand out to potential customers.

What if I don't have any themed recipes to share?

If you don't have any themed recipes of your own, don't worry! Pampered Chef provides a variety of pre-selected themed recipes for each month, so you can still offer a diverse selection to your customers. You can also reach out to other Pampered Chef consultants for recipe ideas or search the online community for inspiration.

How often should I change the themed recipes and flyers?

It is recommended to change the themed recipes and flyers on a monthly basis. This keeps your offerings fresh and exciting for customers, and also allows you to cater to seasonal and holiday themes. However, you can also change them more frequently if desired, especially if you have a large customer base or are hosting frequent parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • bsaxman