1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Off PC topic- but needed asap!

1. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

What present would you suggest for a girl's 2nd birthday? (From Target would be ideal...) (I need ideas by yesterday.... big thanks in advance!!!)

2. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

My youngest was 2 yrs we bought him Pop-It's. Like Lego's but really cool.

The are not gender specific.

Good luck!

Jul 6, 2009
  3. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

My kids love their fold out couch. We got it for my first when he turned 1, now almost 7 and they still use it.

Jul 6, 2009
  4. jbarnhill

jbarnhill Member Silver Member

We got my niece an aquadoodle and she loves it. She will be two in August.

Jul 6, 2009
  5. pchefbonnie

pchefbonnie Novice Member

She would probably love anything with Dora the Explorer on it.

Or another idea would be bathtub toys. Two is the age when my kids LOVED to play in the bathtub.

Jul 6, 2009
  6. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I vote for Aquadoodle as well
    Lego Mega Blocks are awesome
    My daughter started getting baby dolls at age 2 as well.

I would suggest NO stuffed animals...

Jul 6, 2009
  7. Bluiydangl

Bluiydangl Member

gift card- seriously- I HATE getting toys and clothes that aren't age appropriate or don't fit or we already have...

Jul 6, 2009
  8. diradt

diradt Member

My almost 2 year old is in love with her baby stroller and anything that represents a baby to push around. But that fold-up couch is a great idea as well!

Jul 6, 2009
  9. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

learning toys are always appreciated by moms

Jul 6, 2009
  10. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Gift cards??? Those aren't fun to rip open! LOL j/k...

Jul 6, 2009
  11. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

A baby doll stroller is Awesome! Target sometimes has a gift pack that has a baby and the stroller and some appropriate accessories. Nothing with tiny pieces. Almost any of the "Parent mazine" toys are good learning toys as well. They also have disney princess dolls geared to younger kids (more baby looking)

12. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Bath toys! Kids love bathtime. They'll last much longer than average toys, too.

Jul 7, 2009
  13. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

plastic tea set or play food
    do they still make water babies? My daughter loved those

Jul 7, 2009
  14. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

No gift cards. Call the mom with the suggestion to get approval.

I always liked art supplies from Michaels. Or, you can get some cool bathtub stuff - pills that change the water different colors, "paint" for the bathtub.

A flashlight, fishing pole (they have kiddy ones).

I personally never like receiving the "junky" Walmart gifts like Dora or a doll. They are marketed to be very appealing in the store but rarely hold a child's fasicination for more than five minutes.

My all time favorite gift would be an "event" that I would never take my child too because I'm too busy/have other kids/can't afford. Museums have fun programs, the zoo, our orchastra has a children's series. A membership to somewhere also. These are for someone more special but really make the kid appreciate it.

At my suggestion, my brother-in-law (with no kids) gave my children a trip to a water park this summer for Christmas. They are anticipating that long after the fun of any other gift has worn off.

Jul 7, 2009
  15. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I'm with those who suggested what I call "imagination" toys. Those are the BEST, and the ones that will last long after the wrapping paper has been tossed. Like the Baby Stroller, or the Tea Set, or Play Food, or Play Kitchen Tools....or books with lots of things to do in them, like pictures that pop up, or other fun things on the pages. My son had one that was a Taxi - and every page opened something different in the Taxi Cab. You could check the tires, check the oil, open the glove box, etc....he LOVED that book! Oh - also Mega Bloks. I don't know if little girls like them as well as little boys, but those were a HUGE hit w/ our 2 yr old boy.

Jul 7, 2009
  16. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

My daughter will be 2 in Sept (AHHH I can't believe it) She loves anything to do with her dolls. She pretends to change their diapers/feed them.

She also LOVES her sand toys (shovels, buckets, etc.), we only go to the beach once a year, but she still loves to play w/ them outside.

For me, I love getting cute pajamas for the kids! I don't know why, but there is nothing better then seeing her go to bed in cutsie tootsie jammies!!

Jul 7, 2009
  17. my daughter will be 2 next month... Right now she is really into her little kitchen and her play food as well as the stroller and her baby dolls... She even pretends to eat... I would ask the mom what the child is into... I know all kids are different...

Jul 7, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted