• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Il Consultants in Wave 2--Need a "Merrill" Favor!!

In summary, Amanda missed out on an item she wanted from the Merrill store at the conference, which was not available online; the first day of the conference was disappointing because of the lack of products and help available; and the Merrill booth was the only disappointment.
citymouse
Gold Member
Hi--

I just came back from Wave 1 (which was awesome, btw!!), but I missed out on something in the Merrill store that I really really want. Unfortunately "hit the Merrill store ASAP" was not part of First Timer's Orientation :(

Also, I specifically asked and was told by a Merrill employee that this item was available online--SOOOO not the case, I can't find it anywhere.

Please email me privately if you're willing to make a beeline to Merrill for me; I can pay you through Paypal for the item + s/h (or arrange for delivery, I'm in Chicagoland).

Thanks in advance!!
Amanda
[email protected]

Sometimes the items that are introduced by Merrill at conference will be on the website, but not until after Wave 3 is over. And sometimes it takes another week or so to update it, too.

Ann, that is a good point. I learned a lot as a "first timer", so I guess I'll add patience to the list! LOL

Things went soo quickly, I just figured if the item wasn't online it was cash and carry for the conference only. I just want it in my mitts soon! ha ha

-a

For sure, get to Merrill ASAP. Things were disappearing before 10 am on the first day.

JAE said:
For sure, get to Merrill ASAP. Things were disappearing before 10 am on the first day.

This is SOOOOO True! If you don't want to stare at empty tables where product used to be - make Merrill your first stop.

ChefBeckyD said:
This is SOOOOO True! If you don't want to stare at empty tables where product used to be - make Merrill your first stop.

Huh? Did they NOT learn from last year?!!? Silly people...

No they didn't, it was WORSE than every before. Nothing left after about 10 a.m. the first day BEFORE most consultants even arrived!

Then the 1-2 items that were left that you could get meant a 45 minute wait to check-out. It really ticked me off to see a lady standing at the end of the line "supervising" while I was waiting. She couldn't even bag orders for her workers. Then someone asked her about a product and she couldn't answer because she had to watch her people check people out. She didn't do a thing! I was so irritated watching her. I have her name to contact Merill on that one.

They had poor planning on products and help!

janetupnorth said:
No they didn't, it was WORSE than every before. Nothing left after about 10 a.m. the first day BEFORE most consultants even arrived!Then the 1-2 items that were left that you could get meant a 45 minute wait to check-out. It really ticked me off to see a lady standing at the end of the line "supervising" while I was waiting. She couldn't even bag orders for her workers. Then someone asked her about a product and she couldn't answer because she had to watch her people check people out. She didn't do a thing! I was so irritated watching her. I have her name to contact Merill on that one.They had poor planning on products and help!
The Merrill Booth was the only disappointment at Conference - and I can't wait til we get our email with the conference survey to let them know how bad it was!Oh - but for those of you who are XXsmall's or XXXXlarge - there will be plenty of apparel for you!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, I agree, the rest was great.

Ugh. Merrill continues to disappoint, huh? Can't wait. Maybe I'll have to buy right away at the Director's Store then.

I am planning on going there first thing Monday before our cheffer lunch!!! What is the hot item?? Or can't you tell??

ugh!!! Buying logo merchandise should be a pleasurable experience! Maybe by Wave 3 they will have figured everything out (well, I can at least think positively...)

Last edited:
OMG Yes - Merrill was a horrific experience!!!!
They had this Will Call thing -- be careful with that. And check your bag - I had put 3 things in my bag and left it at will call. When I picked it up and they charged me (they had the bag stapled shut) and I ran off to my next workshop ---- it wasn't until I was AT the airport that I realized thay had ADDED things to my bag and charged me for things I never wanted!!!! I am SO peeved!

Geesh!

All I can say is EMAIL HO and MERRILL about the things that you all experienced.

Now I am feeling VERY guilty asking my cluster mate to get me something that I found out they had there...hope she didn't get the runaround!

Don't forget to keep track of what you spent there at Merrill...and that they may not charge your card for MONTHS....

Carolyn - are you sure you got YOUR bag? Oh, I'd be peeved too!

pamperedlinda said:
Carolyn - are you sure you got YOUR bag? Oh, I'd be peeved too!

Yep - my name was on the bag and everything else that wa sin the bag was correct. I am SO ticked.

All I have to say is Wow! I was so looking forward to visiting Merrill again this year. This will be a big bummer if this is the way they are going to be.

Sorry to start a Merrill bashing thread :(Here's my other dilemma--the item I really really wanted is not even listed in the new catalog, which I grabbed and looked over at home. I know there are other new products in the catalog not online, but "mine" is not even in the catalog! ugh. I'm off to post on the Wave 3 board.Yes, have to agree, rest of NC was great--even sat by and chatted with janetupnorth on the bus to the HO tour (hello!)

citymouse said:
Ann, that is a good point. I learned a lot as a "first timer", so I guess I'll add patience to the list! LOL

Things went soo quickly, I just figured if the item wasn't online it was cash and carry for the conference only. I just want it in my mitts soon! ha ha

-a

first timers orientation was great! It helped...

Okay I am day 1 just left Merrill & it''s horrible.Here is my biggest pet peeve of all. I earned level 1 conference cash & Merrill will not take your conference cash. I had planned all along to pay for everything w/ conference cash.

pamperedalf said:
Okay I am day 1 just left Merrill & it''s horrible.

Here is my biggest pet peeve of all. I earned level 1 conference cash & Merrill will not take your conference cash. I had planned all along to pay for everything w/ conference cash.

Isn't the conference cash a card like last year? Maybe they had too many problems from them not running those cards quickly last year and they decided not to take them this year.

chefann said:
Isn't the conference cash a card like last year? Maybe they had too many problems from them not running those cards quickly last year and they decided not to take them this year.

Yep - there is a note that comes with your card that says Merrill won't be accepting them because of the delay in processing.

FYI ... Merrill won't be accepting cash on the last day unless they change their policy from what it was with Wave 1 INSANE
Have you EVER heard of a company that won't accept cash?

I think that's actually illegal. Cash is legal tender. Not accepting it may be a violation of federal law.

DebbieJ said:
Ugh. Merrill continues to disappoint, huh? Can't wait. Maybe I'll have to buy right away at the Director's Store then.

The Director's store was a little bit better than the Consultants store. The Consultants store was wiped out by the time we got back from the 7am HO tour. When the director store opened (around noon) a few of us were able to get our Director to get us a few shirts and other items the consultants store had already sold out of.

I have to say, that I was blown away that with as many people that were at conference, that Merrill wouldn't do a better job of keeping items stocked. If they would have had more product, they would have sold more, some people want to buy in person rather than online so they know what size they need. Ugh. rant over, sorry!!

chefann said:

That was the problem, HO told me they had to eat $4-5K last year. I don't believe Merrill did (they would get there $$ some how.

However I had no idea to we picked up our card, HO should have contacted us. I just don't like being surprised like that.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep - there is a note that comes with your card that says Merrill won't be accepting them because of the delay in processing.

That stinks! I too was planning to use my conference cash for everything at conference. Are they accepting other Debit Cards?

So, I guess I can assume that Merrill is still our "sole logo vendor"? Man, they lucked out with that contract!

I'm trying to stay positive, but I am absolutely NOT looking forward to that booth experience.

Merrill was the WORST part of conference.
Who do we contact at HO to tell them how we feel? I really wish we had more vendor options!

jrny2001 said:
Merrill was the WORST part of conference.
Who do we contact at HO to tell them how we feel? I really wish we had more vendor options!

We will get an online survey to fill out about conference - be sure and let them know how you feel about Merrill!

especially with their HQ in the Chicago area they should be able to restock and keep up with the supply and demand. i can understand Leadership where its in a different city but chicago come on!!

I hope I don't get bashed by saying this, but I think there should be a limit to how much 1 consultant can buy at conference. I saw a consultant really stocking up what looked like for her whole cluster. I am sure that is what happens, I mean don't get me wrong, that is a perk of going to conference so that you don't have to pay shipping, but at least let someone else have a chance of buying something too! It is not fair that you go there on Day 1 and the place is empty. I know that Merrill is partly to blame too, seems like they should have it figured out by now.

mpkegley said:
I hope I don't get bashed by saying this, but I think there should be a limit to how much 1 consultant can buy at conference. I saw a consultant really stocking up what looked like for her whole cluster. I am sure that is what happens, I mean don't get me wrong, that is a perk of going to conference so that you don't have to pay shipping, but at least let someone else have a chance of buying something too! It is not fair that you go there on Day 1 and the place is empty. I know that Merrill is partly to blame too, seems like they should have it figured out by now.

Not bashing, but many consultants go to conference with the idea of stocking up - and using money they've saved up. This is all Merrill does - and PC is not the first National Convention they've ever done - they should be prepared. I have heard from friends in other DS companies, and Merrill is their only vendor too - and they have the exact same issues we have. It's really not PC consultants who should be limited - Merrill should be doing their job.

And possibly she was buying for her cluster, so they didn't have to all stand in that horrendous line!

not bashing but, I don't think they should limit purchases... I really don't see how they could would they limit it to 6 items or a $$ amount? I agree its a perk for those attending conference to buy what they want
I used to buy for "rewards" for my downline and all of my shirts etc because we drive every year and I could stash it in the car and save shipping. We never had this problem with AIM or a Visible Difference.

Teresa Lynn said:
especially with their HQ in the Chicago area they should be able to restock and keep up with the supply and demand. i can understand Leadership where its in a different city but chicago come on!!

Merrill is actually located in Minnesota.

Related to Il Consultants in Wave 2--Need a "Merrill" Favor!!

1. What is the item that you missed out on in the Merrill store?

The item that I missed out on in the Merrill store is not specified in the message. The person is requesting for someone to go to the store and purchase an item for them.

2. Is the item available online?

According to the person, they were told by a Merrill employee that the item is available online. However, they were not able to find it online.

3. Can the item be shipped?

Yes, the person is willing to pay for the item and shipping through Paypal or arrange for delivery if the person is in the Chicagoland area.

4. How can I contact the person?

The person can be contacted through email at [email protected]. They have requested for interested individuals to email them privately.

5. Is this a time-sensitive request?

Yes, the person is asking for someone to make a beeline to the Merrill store for them. They have mentioned that they missed out on the item during Wave 1 and are requesting for someone to help them in Wave 2.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aguimond
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Amanda c
Replies
Views
kdangel518
Back