• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

October Disappointments: 4 Cancelled Shows in a Row | November Hopes High

In summary, four shows have been cancelled in October, and one is having surgery. November is looking to be a good month for hosting shows.
pkd09
Silver Member
I had the best looking end of October I have ever had until this week...four shows cancelled. One is having surgery, another rescheduled for November because her sister is having another DS show the night before, another is turning it into a catalog show because nobody can make it, and the 4th rescheduled for a later date because of a baby shower invitation. UUGGGG! I was really looking for a strong fall. I hope my November stays good. Thanks for listening to my venting:cry:

Just keep up your hope... at least they are rescheduling!
That lets you know they are still interested.

Ouch! I know that is frustrating. Sounds eerily like my September.

My October is looking about the same. One thing I can suggest is trying to get into a craft show. There are gobs of them right now, and many are looking for last minute vendors (at least from what I've found). I've been able to add 2 to my schedule. So, I'm hoping that will shore up the rest of fall/winter really quickly!

So what is everyone doing about it? Mine is just the same and I'm trying to so hard to get back on track - BUT IT"S SO HARD! I could use some advice on how to replace those bookings. Got any good ideas?

Ask those hosts for referrals!

My plan tonight was to get on the phone to host coach. After my second cancellation I was almost afraid to make more calls. The problem is, who is willing to book a show in less than 2 weeks....nobody! But I did get on the phone and left messages with a number of perspective hosts. Keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that November shows hold.

I'm also hosting my own show this weekend, well, open house, but still. It's better than nothing!

And, two weeks is plenty of time! I tell people these shows end up being great because people definitely know what they have going on/not going on in two weeks. I also offer to call their guests to let them know about the show and that an invitation will be coming in the mail. E-vites work close in also.

Ouch! Sounds like my July ... and August ....Have any of them rescheduled for Nov?I feel your pain ... I just called my only live host for Oct. and she said she needs to reschedule her Sunday show because she is a nursing home director and is swamped with new admissions. She LOVES the dotts and wanted to switch to the end of the month, but since the 31st is trick or treat, she wanted Oct. 30. I'm working that night so I told her we could do it on Nov. 1 and PRETEND it's October so she could get the Oct. special. Kind of irks me that it won't count for Sell-a-thon but it wouldn't have anyway ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
Ouch! Sounds like my July ... and August ....Have any of them rescheduled for Nov?I feel your pain ... I just called my only live host for Oct. and she said she needs to reschedule her Sunday show because she is a nursing home director and is swamped with new admissions. She LOVES the dotts and wanted to switch to the end of the month, but since the 31st is trick or treat, she wanted Oct. 30. I'm working that night so I told her we could do it on Nov. 1 and PRETEND it's October so she could get the Oct. special. Kind of irks me that it won't count for Sell-a-thon but it wouldn't have anyway ...
what did she want from the dots special? Maybe you can offer her something and then have it count for Nov. With the stones on sale, she may get a better response from guests.

ChefBeckyD said:
Ouch! I know that is frustrating. Sounds eerily like my September.
Yes, and look how great your calendar looks now. Go for November, pkd09. We earn free spring product.

Glad to hear I'm not alone. My October is now empty since my hosts have cancelled and/or rescheduled. The economy is the reason for my hosts ... hopefully my November shows don't follow the same route .....

pattikake said:
Glad to hear I'm not alone. My October is now empty since my hosts have cancelled and/or rescheduled. The economy is the reason for my hosts ... hopefully my November shows don't follow the same route .....

November will be great! Don't worry, everyone still buys Christmas presents, and we have things of all price ranges to fit everyone's budget! Remind people of that, because a lot of people try to get their shopping done early. And stoneware is widely popular, so the discount being available for everyone is a huge selling point. And if people like to entertain around the holidays, it's great cause they can buy stuff in November and be all set. Think positive, give reasons for people to be excited and they'll feed off that! Good luck! :)

I'm with everyone....and now I just got an email saying I've gone back in to "inactive"status because I haven't submitted $300 in comm. sales. I just submitted a show a week ago that was around $220 :(

I have a show next week which I just know will easily be $1000. But still.....its been a non-existent Sept & Oct for me.

Related to October Disappointments: 4 Cancelled Shows in a Row | November Hopes High

What is "October Is Falling Apart!"?

"October Is Falling Apart!" is a limited edition fall-themed cookbook featuring delicious recipes and entertaining ideas for the autumn season.

What types of recipes are included in "October Is Falling Apart!"?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, sides, desserts, and drinks, all with a fall twist. There are also options for special diets, such as vegetarian and gluten-free.

Can I purchase "October Is Falling Apart!" in stores?

No, "October Is Falling Apart!" is only available through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website.

Are the recipes in "October Is Falling Apart!" easy to follow?

Yes, all of the recipes in "October Is Falling Apart!" are tested and designed to be easy to follow, even for beginner cooks. Each recipe also includes tips and tricks to make preparation and cooking even easier.

Can I host a "October Is Falling Apart!" themed party?

Yes, hosting a "October Is Falling Apart!" party is a great way to gather friends and family and try out some of the delicious recipes in the cookbook. Talk to your Pampered Chef consultant to learn more about hosting a party and earning free products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • CAPCnewbie