• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Sure Where I'm Slipping...i Got on the Phone Tonight and Talked

In summary, Amanda is having a hard time getting bookings for her show. She was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours and only got 2 catalog shows out of it. She believes that it is harder when you are close to something. She is trying to ask people to help her reach her goals. She has past hosts that she can call to ask for their help. She is also trying to get her demos ready.
ragschef
not sure where i'm slipping...
i got on the phone tonight and talked to 22 actual people and got one catalog show for Feb. that's all i have for the whole month!! i'm so close to directorship and i NEED bookings! i usually have no trouble getting contacts to book but here lately, its been a night mare!! :cry:

any suggestions? any help? all is appreciated.

Have you tried the approach of saying that your trying to reach a goal of x amount of shows becasue you have been challenged to do and you need their help with a new demo show?

ragschef said:
not sure where i'm slipping...
i got on the phone tonight and talked to 22 actual people and got one catalog show for Feb. that's all i have for the whole month!! i'm so close to directorship and i NEED bookings! i usually have no trouble getting contacts to book but here lately, its been a night mare!! :cry:

any suggestions? any help? all is appreciated.

I feel for ya Amanda. I was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours tonight and only got 2 catalog shows out of it. And I think it's harder when you are so close to something. But I do agree with asking people to help you achieve your goals. That really has worked in the past because people want to help others succeed!!! Do have some good 'ole past hosts that you can call and ask them to help you meet your goal? That might be a "safe" start.

I am having the same problem too. I even contacted everyone that did a show for me last February and no deal. This has been a very slow start to my year so far. Good Luck getting those bookings!

Just think about it this way.....you got all those no's out of the way so tomorrow you can get all your yes's at once!

Really look at what you are saying and how you are saying it. Have you taken any online classes...maybe start there for some word choices. Also, as bad as this sounds, those folks may not be interested. Were these people who placed orders at your show or were they outside orders or were they from a vendor event? You also have to look at where the leads came from. Keep plugging away!

GET OUT THERE-----go meet new people-----You are so close it hurts---So go get your nails done----Hair cut----different places anywhere you can have conversation-----

What are you actually saying to them? I like to listen to Lyn Conway before I do my calling. She has great tips!

If I call someone who asks me to call at a later date, I will say, "I'm following-up with you like you asked." I usually have notes of what was going on in their life before so I'll then say, "How was your son's wedding." This starts off on a good note and makes them think you have a personal relationship w/them. Then I'll say, "You are going to be so happy you waited to have a show." "The Pamepred Chef has the best host special I have seen." Then I'll tell them what it is. If they still don't want a show maybe becasue they are busy I'll say, "I would hate you to lose out on these specials, have you ever thought about just having a catalog show?" If that still doesn't work I'll ask if/when I can follow-up w/them again or at least ask permission to call again if they are looking for a paticular product to go on sale.

If you are calling old hosts out of the blue. Look up what they purchased and then start of w/customer care. Say, "Susie I was just using my rectangular stone tonight and thought about you." "How are you enjoying yours?" "Are you enjoying all your other products too?" "I had so much fun at your show." "Your friends and family were so nice." "Can you beleive it has been a year and a half since you had your show?" "I don't know if you have considered having another one, but the Pampered Chef has the best host specials right now." "Would you like to hear about them."

If you are calling customers also start w/customer care. How are then enjoying their products, etc.

I think the first of the year is so hard to get people to book. It is so close to the holidays and people are broke. Plus people get tired because of the short days. I don't think the media coverage of the economy helps either. All of a sudden in about a 6 week time span the world has come crashing down. Most people still have the same amount of money, they just have mroe fear. This is when we need to have tips on saving money by cooking at home quick and easy instead of eating out!

Good luck!

Great suggestions Rhonda!

I wanted January bookings so at my shows and in my newsletter I offered the large bar pan for the price of the day they booked their show (Jan 2 = $2). I got three bookings because of this. I do think I need to add guidelines if I do this again, I have one show that is barely qualified - I personally don't believe that it justifies the benefits because I know she didn't work that hard to get orders.

Do a 24 in 24 bookings blitz. Let everyone who you talk to know that you are on a mission, have challenged yourself to this. People like to help other people out. If they don't want to, it's a great way to ask for a referral "Since you don't want to hold a party right now, do you know someone who would like to stock their kitchen for free? When they host their show, I'll give you X". You can tell everyone who books between now and end of March or April that their name will go into a drawing for X. Then after all the shows are held, draw a winner and they get the prize.

To Wadesgirl: I do that but any $30.00 product to fill up the beginning of the next month. My director said that you must tell them that they must have an average show. So whatever is your average show, then tell them that.

Wadesgirl. I have done this as well, although I have found that for me it doesn't usually add additional bookings. I stipulated that they had to hold the show on the originally booked date, have a $500 show (which is around my average) and close within 5 days of the show (to keep them from dragging things out). If need be, decide case by case when the 'rules' should be broken. I've attached my flyer. I picked products based on how much they would cost after I added them to the hosts order using her discount... I included the 8" saute cause it was during pan-o-rama... I wouldn't normally choose something that pricey.
Actually, I may try this again at my show Friday.
Good luck!

Attachments

• dollar%20days%20flyer[1].doc
    117.5 KB · Views: 331
I got three bookings for the beginning of January because of this promo. Two of the shows were good, the third won't even answer my phone calls right now. I'm going to wait and call her tomorrow at work because I know she doesn't have caller ID there. They had to book before the 12th to get it. None of them canceled but as long as they would have rescheduled before the 12th, I would have still given it to them. The only issue was I didn't set a show guideline (ie: $500) which is what I need to do next time. I basically did it because the stoneware was already on special this month.

TRY THIS (IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY) GO INTO P3 AND LOOK UP EVERY HOST THAT PURCHASED A PIECE OF COOKWARE. CALL THEM AND TELL THEM FEBRUARY IS THE BEST TIME EVER TO ADD TO THEIR COLLECTION!! tHEY CAN GET THE WHOLE SET OR JUST ADD A SKILLET ETC -I FIND THE MORE EXCITED I AM ABOUT IT THEM MORE THEY ARE - GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES!!!

Oh, yeah! I forgot to say: use the dollar days to your advantage... if you want to book before the 14th (say for the double points or some other incentive) then choose items that are around 15 or 20. If you're looking to book anytime in the month, then pick items up to 30.

My director just gave me an incentive to get on the phone! I have a hard time making calls! Anyway, she told me that if I could get 35 no's out of the way she would give me the new colander bowl set. She recieved 2 of them for free. That gets me very excited! So far I have 11 no's. I have been telling people that I have been given a challenge to book 12 show in 12 hours. I have only gotten 1 booking so far but several people have told me good luck on getting 12 & some people have been a bit rude! UGH!
It's crazy because I hate getting on the phone but once I start calling I don't want to stop!

Related to Not Sure Where I'm Slipping...i Got on the Phone Tonight and Talked

1. Why am I having trouble booking parties lately?

It is common for direct sales consultants to experience fluctuations in their booking success. This could be due to various factors such as seasonal trends, changes in your target market, or other external factors. It is important to analyze your current booking strategies and make adjustments as needed.

2. How can I increase my bookings and reach directorship?

One way to increase bookings is to diversify your approach. Consider reaching out to new networks, offering unique incentives, or hosting online parties. Additionally, focus on building relationships with your contacts and providing exceptional customer service to encourage repeat bookings.

3. What can I do if I'm struggling to get contacts to book parties?

If you are having trouble getting contacts to book parties, try offering exclusive discounts or promotions to entice them. You can also ask for referrals from satisfied customers or consider partnering with other consultants to co-host parties.

4. How can I stay motivated and positive during this challenging time?

Remember that setbacks and challenges are a normal part of any business. Keep a positive mindset and focus on your long-term goals. Seek support from your team or other consultants and celebrate even small successes. Stay consistent with your efforts and trust that your hard work will pay off in the long run.

5. Are there any specific tactics or strategies that have helped others in similar situations?

Every consultant's journey is unique, so what works for others may not necessarily work for you. That being said, it can be helpful to attend training sessions, read books or articles, and seek advice from successful consultants in your company. Don't be afraid to try new things and see what works best for you and your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AnnaPChef
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies