• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not so Happy With New Requirements

I can see this affecting directors and uplines when those consultants that can't submit in a month dropping to inactive. I have to say, once someone goes inactive, it is all that much easier to say "I'm done."What a poor time to do this with how things are in the economy right now! Feels like they are trying to get rid of some of us.Sorry to vent on all of you, I just needed to vent somewhere.
schel
I am not so happy with the have to submit $150.00 a month to stay active. I can see new consultants having to do this, but for us who have already been with the company for a couple years I think $200.00 every 2 months is more achievable. Why not granny in the older consultants and apply this to the new consultants starting to keep them engaged in their business?

(When does this go in effect? I listened to the video best I could with a 9 year old interupting and does it start April 1st?)

I find this also difficult when all the calls I am making to book, everyone is telling me not now, economy is to bad and anyone I invite can't afford to come to a show.
Sorry to vent on all of you, things are really tight here for us right now also, so how can I expect things to be different out there for any potential hosts?

My Jan sucks! Only 1 catalog show even with the great incentive! Guess if I go inactive. I go inactive. Just sucks that after my time in being a consultant this is not considered. I have had only 1 month where I have gone without sales in my entire 3 years of selling. It just makes me mad at this. I can see this affecting directors and uplines when those consultants that can't submit in a month dropping to inactive. I have to say, once someone goes inactive, it is all that much easier to say "I'm done."

What a poor time to do this with how things are in the economy right now! Feels like they are trying to get rid of some of us.

Sorry to vent on all of you, I just needed to vent somewhere.

Schel

I am thrilled with the new requirements!

I don't think you are understanding the entire picture.

Yes, you have to have $150 in a month to be considered "active", but you don't go inactive like you used to. It takes 2 months of not submitting $150 to lose your career sales now - and now if you have a recruit, and go inactive for a month, you don't lose that recruit. THAT in itself is worth gold!

You will be considered inactive if you skip a month, you will not loose your career sales unless you skip two consecutive months. You already said that you have only missed one month one time in 3 years........you can do this!!!! It's not that hard, one piddly little show is all you need. Think positive :) Wait until you get ALL the facts before you get upset, really, it's a good thing, I promise :)

what they said, but look at it this way, you only have to do $150 every 2 months instead of $200. It only affects your recruiter and above if you don't submit that.

Ok you have calmed me for now.

When does this go in effect?
Apr 1?
Schel

Even though you are considered "inactive" for the month in which you do not turn in $150 in sales, you will not lose your lifetime sales until after 2 months of not turning it in.

It is aimed more at the Director level and above. If you do not turn in $150 each month, our levels are affected in that month.

schel said:
I am not so happy with the have to submit $150.00 a month to stay active. I can see new consultants having to do this, but for us who have already been with the company for a couple years I think $200.00 every 2 months is more achievable. Why not granny in the older consultants and apply this to the new consultants starting to keep them engaged in their business?

(When does this go in effect? I listened to the video best I could with a 9 year old interupting and does it start April 1st?)

I find this also difficult when all the calls I am making to book, everyone is telling me not now, economy is to bad and anyone I invite can't afford to come to a show.
Sorry to vent on all of you, things are really tight here for us right now also, so how can I expect things to be different out there for any potential hosts?

My Jan sucks! Only 1 catalog show even with the great incentive! Guess if I go inactive. I go inactive. Just sucks that after my time in being a consultant this is not considered. I have had only 1 month where I have gone without sales in my entire 3 years of selling. It just makes me mad at this. I can see this affecting directors and uplines when those consultants that can't submit in a month dropping to inactive. I have to say, once someone goes inactive, it is all that much easier to say "I'm done."

What a poor time to do this with how things are in the economy right now! Feels like they are trying to get rid of some of us.

Sorry to vent on all of you, I just needed to vent somewhere.

Schel

You MUST stay positive no matter what. Only positive thoughts. You can and will be able to stay active. Even though the economy is bad, encourage people to host so that they can have a fun night out. Make sure that you tell them about the Power Cooking shows so that they can invite their friends to learn tips on how to save money in the kitchen. Now more than ever, our hosts and customers need us.

POSITIVE thinking will bring POSITIVE results!:chef:

Ok question with the recruit does it have to be a NEW recruit or if you already have one does that count?

K_Jurich said:
Ok question with the recruit does it have to be a NEW recruit or if you already have one does that count?

If your recruit is active on April 1st, she will count :)

So you loose your career sales if you go two months still? I thougtht the video said with the new plan you did not loose career sales? OF course I had a horrible headache whileI was listening so I could have misunderstood.

If you do become inactive for a month of not submitting $150.00, does that mean you can't submit smaller individual orders and supply orders? I am sort of worried about this too. $200.00 every two months seemed much easier. I could skip a month and make it all up the next. Am I looking at this wrong? I am seeing it as $300.00 every two months to stay active (150.00 eac month).

Sheleif said:
.... I could skip a month and make it all up the next. Am I looking at this wrong? I am seeing it as $300.00 every two months to stay active (150.00 eac month).

Nope, you will go inactive after missing one month. If you go two months you will loose your career sales.

Sheleif said:
If you do become inactive for a month of not submitting $150.00, does that mean you can't submit smaller individual orders and supply orders? I am sort of worried about this too. $200.00 every two months seemed much easier. I could skip a month and make it all up the next. Am I looking at this wrong? I am seeing it as $300.00 every two months to stay active (150.00 eac month).

You would become active again by submitting $150 - not $300. From what I understand, it's not a rolling $$ amount anymore.
Simply:

Submit $150 in a month, and you are active.
Don't submit $150 and you are inactive.
Submit $150 and you are active again.
Don't submit $150 2 months in a row, and you lose career sales.

And then if I don't submit 150 within 6 months we rebuy the kit correct?

chefmoseley said:
And then if I don't submit 150 within 6 months we rebuy the kit correct?

Correct. So for those of you that HATE your Director you can re-start in 6 months instead of a year. But you have to decide if it is worth losing everything you have now to do that.

But when you are inactive don't you lose getting your KCN and consultants corner access???? I have never been inactive in my 7 years of selling (haven't even had to use sales waivers) but have a few PC friends that have.

What is the downside/cons of being "inactive"?

downside of being inactive is that you don't get paid. edited to add *I'm sure that if you submit something, you get paid on that.* You also won't count for your upline's requirements. If you are inactive for 2 months, you lose career sales. If you are inactive for 6 months and you decide to sell again, you purchase a new kit.

Last edited:
SummerG said:
What is the downside/cons of being "inactive"?

This would help me too.

HO is still working out details. They wanted to get the bulk of the information out to the field in time for us to plan and prepare our teams. Many of those additional details will be in the policies, which will (if past seasons are any indication) be included in changeover boxes.

I don't HATE my director ... but I LOVE another director in our cluster, and would go under her if I could.

From the looks of this plan, though, she might revert to team leader under this plan, since many of the people she mentors are in my position.

I'm not thrilled with the new requirements either ... but it affects my AD more than it affects me. She has like 55 people in her first line, however, so she won't be hurting. I do like that I can become active with one party ... I remember submitting $164 in orders and having to submit another order EARLY so I did not go inactive. I wanted to hold it for a party next month. I ended up eating some of the direct shipping because it wasn't her fault.

I have to jump in here... I really believe the new plan is meant to help ALL of us. The new plan really does set us up to suceed. Remember what Jean said- attitude is everything. Think positive and positive things will happen.

I am nervous about the changes- but have faith that it will all work out.

heather223 said:
I have to jump in here... I really believe the new plan is meant to help ALL of us. The new plan really does set us up to suceed. Remember what Jean said- attitude is everything. Think positive and positive things will happen.

Well said, I totally agree! IT's change- which is hard to take at first but it will benefit us all in the end!

I'm excited too, I think it provides many benefits (AND RAISES) to those of us under the director level!!!!

janetupnorth said:
I'm excited too, I think it provides many benefits (AND RAISES) to those of us under the director level!!!!

And THAT benefit will help your directors!!

I found myself EXTREMELY uptight and nervous/upset when the new plan was announced at conference. I wasn't seeing the positive side of it at the time, but after some thought and a few days to absorb it, I too can see how this is a positive change. It's going to make for stronger teams, and better coaching/training from your Director. I'm one of those Director's who needed to be doing a better job. This new career plan is going to help me and also encourage me to do it. It IS a good thing, I just needed some time to think it through, that may be what you need as well!

I heard a great description from someone at my NED's meeting: There is still room for hobbyists, but there's not room for deadbeats. The new plan will take some getting used to. That's a given - there's always a period of adjustment to something that is so significantly different. But HO approached this with much thought and wants us to succeed. That is why HO gave us the info 2 1/2 months before it goes into effect, and is giving grace periods.I loved the mention that: At a time when companies are cutting jobs and benefits, we're giving everyone a raise.

I am loving the new requirements. I think this system will be very rewarding and is very acheiveable.

chefann said:
I heard a great description from someone at my NED's meeting: There is still room for hobbyists, but there's not room for deadbeats.
The new plan will take some getting used to. That's a given - there's always a period of adjustment to something that is so significantly different. But HO approached this with much thought and wants us to succeed. That is why HO gave us the info 2 1/2 months before it goes into effect, and is giving grace periods.

I loved the mention that: At a time when companies are cutting jobs and benefits, we're giving everyone a raise.

That is the ABSOLUTE best synopsis I have heard yet!! :thumbup:

No more deadbeats, what a great way to think about it!

chefann said:
I heard a great description from someone at my NED's meeting: There is still room for hobbyists, but there's not room for deadbeats.

The new plan will take some getting used to. That's a given - there's always a period of adjustment to something that is so significantly different. But HO approached this with much thought and wants us to succeed. That is why HO gave us the info 2 1/2 months before it goes into effect, and is giving grace periods.

I loved the mention that: At a time when companies are cutting jobs and benefits, we're giving everyone a raise.

LOVE this Ann!! Thanks for sharing!!

BTW, I think I read someone asking about not losing your recruits...from the way it is presented, you WILL lose them if you go inactive. I am not sure if that means inactive for 1 month or 2....yikes, can't wait for the HO paperwork to figure it all out!

momoftwins said:
But when you are inactive don't you lose getting your KCN and consultants corner access????

You don't get the KCN, but you still have access to consultant's corner. (I know because I'm inactive.)

chefann said:

What is difference between a deadbeat and a hobbyist? Not quite sure what you mean by that.

I consider myself a "hobbyist" because I work full-time at an office job that requires me to also work some evenings at home. I have done PC for a number of years because I really enjoy the products and sharing them with others. I wouldn't consider myself a deadbeat because I make every effort to abide by the policies promote PC with what time I have.

a deadbeat is the person that will skirt through with the very minimum of effort~that totally doesn't apply to you!
I am excited about this program as I know a few deadbeats that have been able to work the system up until now and they will either step it up and soar or flop and be out of here...no in between!

chefmeg said:
a deadbeat is the person that will skirt through with the very minimum of effort~that totally doesn't apply to you!
I am excited about this program as I know a few deadbeats that have been able to work the system up until now and they will either step it up and soar or flop and be out of here...no in between!

Or a Director or above who submits the minimum to make her overrides and doesn't take care of her downline...I think that is what they are targeting with the new program.

I wouldn't be surprised if those of you who never heard from your upline before start getting calls!

Halelujah!

I would consider my deadbeats the kitknappers who suddenly submit shows again when new products are coming out so they can order them at the discount (then I'm sure sell at a profit somewhere)... pretty much never qualified and call me for my catalogs every six months or suddenly need my help... which I don't mind giving them but I sure would have like to have those 2000 incentive trip points as small compensation, know what I mean!

jwpamp said:
Or a Director or above who submits the minimum to make her overrides and doesn't take care of her downline...I think that is what they are targeting with the new program.

I wouldn't be surprised if those of you who never heard from your upline before start getting calls!

Halelujah!

I think this is also right on! I'm hoping it will be a good change!

OK, about recruits.... this is what the career plan says:
"After 6 months of continuous inactivity, the consultant agreement is dissoved. At this point, recruits are re-assigned to the next upline active consultant. If the person would like to sell again, she needs to submit a new agreement and will start over as a new consultant."

So recruits are not re-assigned after 2 months, it is after 6 months.

chefcharity said:

That has been established. But you go inactive after 2 months of not submitting at least $150 in sales. Before, you had a year of inactivity before your contract was voided. That's been changed to 6 months with the reduction of the sales requirement.

jwpamp said:

Halelujah!

That's funny that you say that. In today's mail I rec'd something from our SE that was mailed Saturday afternoon - and I never get anything from her!

I do hope that this will be the cattle prod to help get my tush in gear! I like that we will earn on one recruit. It's a little taste of what's to come so we'll want more. I was a little scared when I heard the initial announcements, but now I think it will help me tremendously.

jwpamp said:
BTW, I think I read someone asking about not losing your recruits...from the way it is presented, you WILL lose them if you go inactive. I am not sure if that means inactive for 1 month or 2....yikes, can't wait for the HO paperwork to figure it all out!

chefcharity said:
OK, about recruits.... this is what the career plan says:
"After 6 months of continuous inactivity, the consultant agreement is dissoved. At this point, recruits are re-assigned to the next upline active consultant. If the person would like to sell again, she needs to submit a new agreement and will start over as a new consultant."

Cora Fisher was at a meeting I was at on Friday night, and she said that there is still a pass-by possibility (when one's recruit promotes to Director before the recruiter), but generally there won't be a lot of movement of teams. Even if you're inactive for 2 months. It's on page 12 of the Career Plan book from the workshop:
Q: What happens if a consultant doesn't sell $150 every month?

A: After 2 inactive months in a row,
career sales and the 2% commission increase (if already earned) are forfeited.

Consultants do not lose their recruits. We want Consultants who have already started building a team to re-engage in the business with their team in place.
(Emphasis mine.)

LOVE THAT! Thanks Ann!

Sheleif said:
$150 a month to be considered active. If you skip a month of sales you are inactive, but it seems to affect your upline more than you personally. If you go 2 months without submitting $150 in commissionable sales you will lose your career sales. You do not want to lose your career sales, because then you are starting over to reach your $15,000 which gets you a 2% raise. Your $150 is commisionable sales. That would be online orders, shows, individual orders etc.

PS. The director I was telling you about holds her team meetings on Mondays in Eckert. I will be doing a new product play day and recipe testing near the middle of February. I will do that on a Saturday and you are welcome to come and play with us.

Thanks everyone for the clarification. I was hoping no one was thinking I was a deadbeat. :)

My goal for this year is to try and treat this more like a business than a hobby. Of course it cannot replace my primary job because, well, it is pretty good. But I want to move out of the "hobby mode" and see what this can do.

Would appreciate your prayers on this.

Oh and speaking of hearing from uplines. I got a letter from my uplines upline (my original Director for my first go around). I had not heard from her for a long time, except from when I made FD.

"At a time when companies are cutting jobs and benefits, we're giving everyone a raise."

Ann, I appreciate the rest of your post, but they're not giving EVERYBODY a raise. They're giving people who RECRUIT a raise. While that is good news to people who are successful at recruiting, it's a moot point to those of us who haven't recruited.

I DO hope to recruit, but I haven't had luck with it so far. So this is just OK for me ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
Ann, I appreciate the rest of your post, but they're not giving EVERYBODY a raise. They're giving people who RECRUIT a raise. While that is good news to people who are successful at recruiting, it's a moot point to those of us who haven't recruited.

I DO hope to recruit, but I haven't had luck with it so far. So this is just OK for me ...
I was quoting what was said from stage. So if you have a problem with it, you can take it up with the Career Solutions department that developed the plan, or the events team that scripted the presentation.

<h2>1. When does this go into effect? Does it start on April 1st?</h2><p>The new requirement of submitting $150.00 a month to stay active will go into effect on April 1st. This was announced in a recent video, and it is important to meet this requirement in order to stay active with Pampered Chef.</p><h2>2. Why not grandfather in older consultants and only apply this to new consultants?</h2><p>This is a common question and concern among our experienced consultants. The reason for this change is to keep all consultants actively engaged in their business and to ensure the success of the company as a whole. We appreciate your understanding and support in this decision.</p><h2>3. How can I expect to book shows and find potential hosts when everyone is saying they can't afford it due to the current economy?</h2><p>We understand that times may be tough for some right now, but it is important to remember that there are still people who are interested in hosting a Pampered Chef show. You can try targeting specific demographics or offering more budget-friendly options to potential hosts. Our team is here to support you and help you find ways to continue booking shows.</p><h2>4. My January sales were low, and I'm worried about going inactive. Will this affect directors and uplines as well?</h2><p>We understand your concerns about going inactive, but it is important to meet the new requirement in order to stay active with the company. This change will not only affect individual consultants, but also the success of the company as a whole. We encourage you to continue working towards meeting the requirement and reach out to your upline for support and guidance.</p><h2>5. Is this change just a way for Pampered Chef to get rid of some of us during a difficult time in the economy?</h2><p>We assure you that this change is not meant to push anyone out of the company. Our goal is to keep all consultants actively engaged in their business and to ensure the success of Pampered Chef. We value and appreciate all of our consultants and their hard work, and we are here to support you through this change.</p>

1. When does this go into effect? Does it start on April 1st?

The new requirement of submitting $150.00 a month to stay active will go into effect on April 1st. This was announced in a recent video, and it is important to meet this requirement in order to stay active with Pampered Chef.

2. Why not grandfather in older consultants and only apply this to new consultants?

This is a common question and concern among our experienced consultants. The reason for this change is to keep all consultants actively engaged in their business and to ensure the success of the company as a whole. We appreciate your understanding and support in this decision.

3. How can I expect to book shows and find potential hosts when everyone is saying they can't afford it due to the current economy?

We understand that times may be tough for some right now, but it is important to remember that there are still people who are interested in hosting a Pampered Chef show. You can try targeting specific demographics or offering more budget-friendly options to potential hosts. Our team is here to support you and help you find ways to continue booking shows.

4. My January sales were low, and I'm worried about going inactive. Will this affect directors and uplines as well?

We understand your concerns about going inactive, but it is important to meet the new requirement in order to stay active with the company. This change will not only affect individual consultants, but also the success of the company as a whole. We encourage you to continue working towards meeting the requirement and reach out to your upline for support and guidance.

5. Is this change just a way for Pampered Chef to get rid of some of us during a difficult time in the economy?

We assure you that this change is not meant to push anyone out of the company. Our goal is to keep all consultants actively engaged in their business and to ensure the success of Pampered Chef. We value and appreciate all of our consultants and their hard work, and we are here to support you through this change.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
esavvymom