• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not so Good Attempt With a Wreath! Help!

's rings are definitely easier - practice makes perfect!The ring is definitely easier. The wreath is harder. But if you make the rings correctly and use a good filling, they are both very impressive. :)
heat123
Silver Member
Ok I just tried my first one and it came out pretty bad! The filling tasted great but I could not wrap it to so well and it came out all crooked looking and the dough that I tucked underneath came out undercooked and doughy, while the top was nice an light brown. ARe the rings easier at all? I am wanting to do one this weekend for my Grand opening but not if I can't make it pretty looking! Does it take practice or am I a total lamo? Any suggestions help! :eek:

thanks!

heat123 said:
Ok I just tried my first one and it came out pretty bad! The filling tasted great but I could not wrap it to so well and it came out all crooked looking and the dough that I tucked underneath came out undercooked and doughy, while the top was nice an light brown. ARe the rings easier at all? I am wanting to do one this weekend for my Grand opening but not if I can't make it pretty looking! Does it take practice or am I a total lamo? Any suggestions help! :eek:

thanks!

Do you have the All The Best Cookbook? The step by step pictures in this cookbook are wonderful! I think all 3 shapes are fabulous! And yes, practice does make the shapes easier!

What filling were you using?

The rings are definitely a little easier! ;)

Good Luck!

Try a the Ring or BraidI can't do the wreath either. The Braid is easy and the Ring is not as hard as the wreath and even if you mess it up, it sitll looks nice!

thanks!my next attempt was going to be the ring. It looked a little less complicated. I did the Chicken holiday wreath and it was yummy! I will try the chicken enchilada ring this week since I may do it for a Margarita party! The Braid too looked complicated for me! Sometimes I am so directionally challenged it kills me! Practice makes perfect I guess! :rolleyes:

You'll get the hang of it! You can't be good at everything you do for the first time! My first wreath didn't turn out that pretty - since then they have improved greatly! And I agree, the rings are alittle easier. Just keep practicing! :D GOOD LUCK!!

I like the rings better, too. Just wanted to chime in! :)

It's so funny that everyone has their preference. I've never made a ring or braid but I've made the wreath ~3 times. I don't really follow the directions exactly (I don't overlap in the same way the recipe describes because it doesn't make much sense to me) but it seems to come out just fine. It looks even better once it's cooked because you can't see all the seams. I made the Turkey and Cranberry Wreath last Thursday and everyone was very impressed!

I thought rings and wreaths were the same.. I'm confused!

If a recipe says "wreath" I just make it a ring, it is much easier and just as impressive... and I feel that if guests see ME struggle to make a wreath, they definitely won't want to try it! So making the ring is easy and they feel confident that they can do it too!!
I always seem to have one too many crescent triangles when I do the ring...just a note.
I have made sloppy joes in the ring...any filling is great!
Love the Chicken Enchilada Ring!!
And if it says bake for 25-30 minutes... I go for the 30 minutes, so the underside dough will be done.
My 2 cents!
Nicole

What is the best way to fix a wreath that didn't turn out well?

There are a few ways to fix a not-so-good wreath. One option is to add more embellishments or decorations to cover up any mistakes. Another option is to take the wreath apart and start over. You can also try rearranging the existing elements to create a different design.

How can I make sure my wreath turns out well next time?

To ensure a successful wreath-making attempt, it's important to choose high-quality materials and tools, follow a tutorial or guide, and take your time while crafting. It can also be helpful to plan out your design beforehand and gather all necessary materials before starting.

Is there a specific type of wreath form that works best?

The best type of wreath form depends on the style and materials you are using for your wreath. Wire forms are great for more traditional wreaths, while foam forms are better for heavier or bulkier materials. You can also use unconventional forms like embroidery hoops or grapevine wreaths for a unique look.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when making a wreath?

Some common mistakes to avoid when making a wreath include using too many or too few materials, not securing elements tightly enough, and not planning out your design beforehand. It's also important to avoid using cheap or low-quality materials, as they can make your wreath look less polished.

Are there any tips for creating a wreath that will last a long time?

To ensure your wreath lasts for a long time, it's important to use high-quality materials that are suitable for the environment the wreath will be displayed in. This includes using weather-resistant materials for outdoor wreaths and keeping indoor wreaths away from direct sunlight and moisture. Additionally, you can use a spray sealant or hairspray to help preserve the wreath.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefpatti13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lizdpamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • akrebecca