1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Not so good attempt with a wreath! Help!

1. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Ok I just tried my first one and it came out pretty bad! The filling tasted great but I could not wrap it to so well and it came out all crooked looking and the dough that I tucked underneath came out undercooked and doughy, while the top was nice an light brown. ARe the rings easier at all? I am wanting to do one this weekend for my Grand opening but not if I can't make it pretty looking! Does it take practice or am I a total lamo? Any suggestions help! :eek:

thanks!

Oct 31, 2005
  2. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Do you have the All The Best Cookbook? The step by step pictures in this cookbook are wonderful! I think all 3 shapes are fabulous! And yes, practice does make the shapes easier!

Oct 31, 2005
  3. Pampered Zoe

Pampered Zoe Member

What filling were you using?

The rings are definitely a little easier! ;)

Good Luck!

Oct 31, 2005
  4. PCAbby

PCAbby Member

Try a the Ring or Braid

I can't do the wreath either. The Braid is easy and the Ring is not as hard as the wreath and even if you mess it up, it sitll looks nice!

Oct 31, 2005
  5. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

thanks!

my next attempt was going to be the ring. It looked a little less complicated. I did the Chicken holiday wreath and it was yummy! I will try the chicken enchilada ring this week since I may do it for a Margarita party! The Braid too looked complicated for me! Sometimes I am so directionally challenged it kills me! Practice makes perfect I guess! :rolleyes:

Oct 31, 2005
  6. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

You'll get the hang of it! You can't be good at everything you do for the first time! My first wreath didn't turn out that pretty - since then they have improved greatly! And I agree, the rings are alittle easier. Just keep practicing! :D GOOD LUCK!!

Oct 31, 2005
  7. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

I like the rings better, too. Just wanted to chime in! :)

Oct 31, 2005
  8. Kristen

Kristen Member

It's so funny that everyone has their preference. I've never made a ring or braid but I've made the wreath ~3 times. I don't really follow the directions exactly (I don't overlap in the same way the recipe describes because it doesn't make much sense to me) but it seems to come out just fine. It looks even better once it's cooked because you can't see all the seams. I made the Turkey and Cranberry Wreath last Thursday and everyone was very impressed!

Oct 31, 2005
  9. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

I thought rings and wreaths were the same.. I'm confused!

Nov 10, 2005
  10. ChefNic

ChefNic Veteran Member

If a recipe says "wreath" I just make it a ring, it is much easier and just as impressive... and I feel that if guests see ME struggle to make a wreath, they definitely won't want to try it! So making the ring is easy and they feel confident that they can do it too!!
    I always seem to have one too many crescent triangles when I do the ring...just a note.
    I have made sloppy joes in the ring...any filling is great!
    Love the Chicken Enchilada Ring!!
    And if it says bake for 25-30 minutes... I go for the 30 minutes, so the underside dough will be done.
    My 2 cents!
    Nicole

Nov 11, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted