• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing Dull Stainless Steel Back to Life

In summary, to remove scratches from stainless steel cookware, use a non-abrasive cleaner or a mixture of baking soda and water. For polishing, use a specially formulated stainless steel cleaner or polish in a circular motion. Avoid using steel wool and dry the surface after cleaning to prevent water spots. Alternatively, a mixture of vinegar and water can be used for natural cleaning.
amerrigan
I just used my SS saute pan this weekend. It turned brown on the bottom and has brown spots on the inside I cant get off (looks light oil residue???) When I was first married we got a set of SS cookware, a good line from Dillards. We hated it and immediately got the Executive set to cook in, and LOVE it!!! to

My other SS set had this happen t o it to. How do I get it back to the shinny, stainless looking piece it looked like right out of the box. There is no way I am taking this to shows looking like it does now!!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Everyone has raved over Barkeepers friend to keep knives and stainless looking new!

or Cameo powder (at walmart by the other powder cleaners) it works great on ss sinks too and it's only $1

I used the tip that PC gives on the use and care. Equal parts water and vinegar. Sponge over area and let sit 10 minutes. Rinse & dry. Worked great!

BethCooks4U said:
I used the tip that PC gives on the use and care. Equal parts water and vinegar. Sponge over area and let sit 10 minutes. Rinse & dry. Worked great!

you should bottle that in a spray bottle and pull out when necessary !

I second the vinegar. Has worked wonders for me.

i have always used Bar Keepers Friend, and I found it works great too!

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with your stainless steel cookware. It can be disheartening when it doesn't look as shiny and new as when you first bought it. But don't worry, I have a few tips that can help bring your dull stainless steel back to life! First, try using a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar to gently scrub away any brown spots or residue on the inside of your pan. The acidity of the vinegar can help break down any build-up and restore the shine.You can also try using a stainless steel cleaner or polish specifically designed for cookware. These products are gentle yet effective in removing stains and restoring shine to stainless steel surfaces.If the above methods don't work, you can also try boiling a mixture of water and baking soda in your pan. This can help loosen any stubborn stains and bring back the shine.And lastly, for maintenance and prevention, always make sure to use the appropriate cooking oils and avoid using metal utensils on your stainless steel cookware. This can help prevent build-up and keep your cookware looking shiny and new.I hope these tips help you bring your stainless steel cookware back to its former glory. Don't be afraid to show it off at your next cooking show! Happy cooking!

1. How do I remove scratches from my stainless steel cookware?

To remove scratches from stainless steel, you can use a non-abrasive cleaner or a mixture of baking soda and water. Apply the cleaner or paste to the scratched area and gently rub in a circular motion with a soft cloth. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

2. What is the best way to polish stainless steel?

The best way to polish stainless steel is to use a specially formulated stainless steel cleaner or polish. Apply the product to a soft cloth and rub in a circular motion, following the grain of the steel. Then, use a clean cloth to buff and shine the surface.

3. Can I use steel wool to clean my stainless steel cookware?

No, steel wool should not be used on stainless steel as it can scratch and damage the surface. Instead, use a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft cloth for cleaning.

4. How can I prevent water spots on my stainless steel appliances?

To prevent water spots on stainless steel, make sure to dry the surface thoroughly after cleaning. You can also use a stainless steel cleaner with a protective coating to help repel water and keep your appliances looking shiny.

5. Is there a natural way to clean stainless steel?

Yes, you can use a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water to clean stainless steel. Apply the mixture to a soft cloth and wipe down the surface, following the grain of the steel. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly. For tougher stains, you can add a small amount of baking soda to the mixture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • crissy11
  • Products and Tips
Replies