• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reliable and Durable Cookware with Oven-Safe Glass Lids

In summary, the person received an email this morning asking for a catalog and replied back that our lids are oven safe to 400 degrees. They also advised that they will not invest in a set with glass lids. They suggest that the customer ask the customer why they do not want glass lids. The customer has had bad experiences with metal lids and glass lids. The customer advises that the glass is a more updated look and the "peek" factor. It appears that the customer has more information that the author could provide.
crissy11
Gold Member
I received this email this morning to someone who requested a catalog to look at the cookware. I replied back that our lids were oven safe to 400 degrees and we have sold glass lids for 15 years or more with all of our cookware and I have not heard of a single problem. What else can I say?? here is the email that I got.

Our question first:
1. It appears that your sets of stainless steel cookware, which we do want except they have glass tops! Is this a new thing or passing? WE DO NOT want glass tops. Do you think they have sets without glass tops? Or they might come later on?? Please let us know. We love
the product, but not the glass tops and will not invest in a set with glass tops. May have to wait for that.

They may just not like glass lids and that's it....

there is nothing else to say - you responded appropriately and let them know not to hold their breath waiting for non-glass lids.

unfortunately not everyone will think our products are perfect.

Maybe if you explain that the glass lids make it so that you can see how your food is cooking without having to lift the top (which decreases the cooking temp) they might understand - also point out that all the top of the line cookware out on the market have glass lids. They just don't come with a lifetime guarantee like our cookware does.

I know someone has more information that you could email her back with.

Have you asked her why she doen't want glass lids? Maybe if you know more about her aversion to them you can help her better.

I have the Wolfgang Puck SS and had placed one of the glass lids (which are dishwasher safe) in the dishwasher and it shattered :yuck: Broke my dishwasher, the company replaced my dishwasher. Now I handwash my lids :)
So maybe she has had a bad experience like mine.

My grandmother had cookware with metal lids, and that's what I picture when people mention non-glass lids on cookware. In my opinion, the glass is a more updated look, as well as the "peek" factor mentioned above. In all honesty, I can't see HO developing other lids for the cookware. Your best bet is to find out from the customer what her concern is and why she doesn't want glass.

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for reaching out to us and expressing your concerns regarding our cookware with oven-safe glass lids. We understand that you prefer cookware without glass tops and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However, please rest assured that our glass lids have been a part of our cookware sets for over 15 years and we have not encountered any issues with them. In fact, our glass lids are not only reliable and durable, but they also allow you to monitor your food while it cooks.

We do offer other options for cookware without glass tops, such as our aluminum or non-stick sets. However, we do not currently have plans to release a stainless steel set without glass tops. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

We appreciate your interest in our cookware and we hope you will reconsider investing in a set with glass lids. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We value your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our products to better serve our customers.

Thank you for choosing Pampered Chef.

Sincerely,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. Can I use these glass lids in the oven?

Yes, our Cookware Glass Lids are oven-safe up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Are these lids dishwasher safe?

Yes, our glass lids are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Do these lids fit all sizes of cookware?

Our Cookware Glass Lids come in various sizes to fit our different cookware sets. Please check the product description or packaging to ensure a proper fit.

4. Are these lids made of tempered glass?

Yes, our glass lids are made of durable, high-quality tempered glass that can withstand high temperatures and resist breaking.

5. Can I see through these lids while cooking?

Yes, our Cookware Glass Lids are designed with a clear glass material so you can easily monitor your food as it cooks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Bren706
  • Products and Tips
Replies