• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Men-Only Open House: Unique Packages, Food, and Fun for Guys!

In summary, a guy friend of mine suggested having a show just for guys, so she is going to try it. She is going to make up several "package deals" for them to choose from, including a grilling package that costs $100.50. She is also going to offer free gift wrapping for them. However, my husband said guys won't buy these packages, so she is going to help with the packaging and have the packages focused on practical items instead.
rancherswife
I'm new at this and am trying my best at getting good sales. A guy friend of mine suggested having a show just for guys, so I'm going to try it. I am going to make up several "package deals" for them to choose from. According to my husband, guys don't want to look at a catalog or watch you cook. So, I'm going to have the food cooked, lots of adult beverages, and then all they have to do is pick the one (or several) packages they want. AND--I'm going to offer free gift wrapping for them. They get to eat, shop and hang out with the guys in one place. But what's funny--the packages that I came up with--he said guys wouldn't buy them. He said guys just want practical. So my hubby helped with the packages and instead of being mostly for their wives or moms, they were stuff for the guys!!! Anyway, I'm going to make fliers and he will hand them out to realtors and builders and his friends. I am very excited. Tell me what you think....

try doing a search for Guys or Men or Man Show. You should come up with lots of ideas.

rancherswife said:
I'm new at this and am trying my best at getting good sales. A guy friend of mine suggested having a show just for guys, so I'm going to try it. I am going to make up several "package deals" for them to choose from. According to my husband, guys don't want to look at a catalog or watch you cook. So, I'm going to have the food cooked, lots of adult beverages, and then all they have to do is pick the one (or several) packages they want. AND--I'm going to offer free gift wrapping for them. They get to eat, shop and hang out with the guys in one place. But what's funny--the packages that I came up with--he said guys wouldn't buy them. He said guys just want practical. So my hubby helped with the packages and instead of being mostly for their wives or moms, they were stuff for the guys!!! Anyway, I'm going to make fliers and he will hand them out to realtors and builders and his friends. I am very excited. Tell me what you think....

I have to giggle at the guys wanting practical things.. especially when I think of the purchases my dad's been making lately or perhaps practicality wanes with age?

I'm curious... what did he consider good guy sets?

Well, he was super stoked about the grilling package--the bag, the jumbo turner, the regular turner, the grill brush, tongs, fork and pocket thermometer (he was VERY adamant about the pocket thermometer!), which came up to $100.50. He said I have to eat the .50 because guys love to just pull out a $100 bill when buying for themselves. I wanted to add the grilling cookbook or spices, and he said guys don't look at cookbooks and they already think they know how to season their meat. Goofy if you ask me.

Sounds normal to me.. LOL. I wouldn't have thought of the grilling things... we don't own a real grill. So far the only guy who's showed up to a show is a professional chef. Could not sell him on the knives (chefs are very particular about their knives) but he still bought a bunch of gadgets. He was the best sale at that particular show! LOL...

Mark said guys are all about gadgets. So I'm going to have a lot of them out so they can play with them.

You might also focus on multi-functioning... like the Tool Turn-About would be great not just in the kitchen but in the garage or shop for keeping most oft-used tools handy! Quik-Stir pitchers for mixing up a big batch of something alcoholic for the non-beer drinkers among them. Course... I'm thinking like a gal so probably missing the mark. LOL

I was laughing when you said you don't own a real grill. You must understand, we live in cattle country. My husband and most of his friends raise their own cattle. It's all about beef here. To NOT own a grill here, is unheard of!

Mark really wanted me to make a package with the tool turn about, by filling it with gadgets. But I couldn't come up with anything without making it really expensive.

I have a couples show on the 19th.....and the Husband has emailed me twice to make sure I will be featuring the Grilling Tools - great idea to package them as a set!
What I have seen with guys is that they like good tools. The UM, the Salad Choppers, The can opener, and things like that, they love!

...The Trifle Bowl, and the SA stands......not so much!:D ;)

rancherswife said:
I was laughing when you said you don't own a real grill. You must understand, we live in cattle country. My husband and most of his friends raise their own cattle. It's all about beef here. To NOT own a grill here, is unheard of!

Mark really wanted me to make a package with the tool turn about, by filling it with gadgets. But I couldn't come up with anything without making it really expensive.

Oh we know we're the exception... most families around here have real grills to. The only grill we have is a mini one we take camping.

Another package he came up with was for salsa. I'm probably going to make the jerk nachos and salsa, using the SW Seasoning. He's hooked on it, so he wanted me to make a salso package. This one has the classic batter bowl, food chopper, SW seasoning, and the core & more, and I'll throw in a cool looking salsa recipe. This one totals $60. And they love the idea of not having to shop for Christmas and the stuff will already be wrapped, so they basically don't have to do anything but pay for it. And all the guys I've run this by have said they'd pay ANYTHING to not have to shop and wrap stuff for Christmas!

For lower-priced items, guys love the titanium-coated double blades on the salad chopper, the grill tongs, and the can opener, the green santuko.
Every booth I've had, guys couldn't keep their hands off that salad chopper.

For more expensive stuff, older guys love the grill press, so show the pan, too.
Also the carving set in it's cute little case.

kspry said:
For lower-priced items, guys love the titanium-coated double blades on the salad chopper, the grill tongs, and the can opener, the green santuko.
Every booth I've had, guys couldn't keep their hands off that salad chopper.

For more expensive stuff, older guys love the grill press, so show the pan, too.
Also the carving set in it's cute little case.

That has also been my experience - whenever there are guys at shows!

What can the salad chopper be used for besides cutting up veggies?

I have a package with the carving set grouped with the bamboo cutting board. He said guys would buy that for their dads.

rancherswife said:
What can the salad chopper be used for besides cutting up veggies?I have a package with the carving set grouped with the bamboo cutting board. He said guys would buy that for their dads.
I use it at shows to make salsa...but I also talk about how great it is to make chicken salad, or ham salad.....just throw all of your ingredients in a bowl, and chop away....then add your mayo or whatever dressing you are using!But I think the salsa is what gets them!

Be sure to upload those packages, I'd love to see them!

O.K. as a guy I believe having a Mens Only Show would be great. However, not all of us guys are alike so please keep that in mind. I actually enjoy the cooking shows and cook books and spices. One hook I would use (and I use this with everyone) is to tell everyone how functional our products can be. I personally like our products because they often serve more than just one function. For example, the pizza cutter, you would be surprised how often I use it. I would agree that most guys like things that are practical, but some of us may like it for the "cool" factor too. :D

rancherswife said:
What can the salad chopper be used for besides cutting up veggies?

I have a package with the carving set grouped with the bamboo cutting board. He said guys would buy that for their dads.

use the salad chopper to chop up the chicken, leftover meat/poultry of ANY kind and add that to nachos, quesadillas, throw over salads for chef salad (even cold cuts), chop leftovers to add to omelets, etc. Most things that you use the chopper for, that I guy would eat, you can use the salad chopper for in that bowl I've found. :) Chunky hashbrowns from potatoes...

Here are my two attachments--one is a postcard for the open house, the other is the flier listing the sets. I'm having a great response so far!

Attachments

• Mens-open-house-web.jpg
    Mens-open-house-web.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 410
  • holiday-gift-sets-web.jpg
    holiday-gift-sets-web.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 479
Can You Share These In Word----love Them---

I don't have them in word. I created them in Photoshop Elements, but I couldn't get them small enough to post on this board. If anyone wants them, you can give me your email and I can try to send them to you. Or if anyone knows how I can make them small enough in Photoshop in order to post them on here, please let me know.

1. What is an "Open House for Men Only!"?

An "Open House for Men Only!" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef where men can come and learn about our products, try out our kitchen tools, and shop for themselves or for gifts for the women in their lives.

2. Do I have to be a man to attend the Open House?

Yes, this event is exclusively for men. However, we do have other events that are open to everyone. You can check our website for upcoming events and parties.

3. Is there a fee to attend the Open House?

No, there is no fee to attend our Open House for Men Only! event. It is completely free for all men to come and enjoy.

4. Can I bring my friends to the Open House?

Absolutely! We encourage you to bring your friends, coworkers, or family members to the Open House. The more the merrier!

5. Will there be any special deals or discounts at the Open House?

Yes, we will have exclusive deals and discounts available only for attendees of the Open House for Men Only! event. Make sure to take advantage of these great offers while you're here!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Shari