• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Lava Cake in Rice Cooker Plus

In summary, a member of the website shared their experience with making Molten Lava Cakes in a Rice Cooker Plus. They had a bad first attempt but tried again with success, although the cake did not turn out visually appealing. Their neighbor advised against making it at a show, but other members suggested using the fluted pan and not putting the lid on the rice cooker. Some members also recommended trying the Chocolate Velvet Cake with strawberries as an alternative. The original member thanked everyone for their help and the conversation ended with a recommendation to try the Chocolate Velvet Cake instead.
lizdpamperedchef
Hi Everyone,

New to website and this is my first post. Found the website because of my problem with the Lava Cake. Here it is.... I have made 2 Molten Lava Cakes in the Rice Cooker Plus, 1st was HORRIBLE and gave up. Came across the receipe this am and decided to try again. Came out tasting good but it is REALLY Ugly. I used Duncin Hines Super Moist Devils Food and Duncan Hines Classic Chocolate Frosting. I added 3 scoops of frosting in the center not on top of each other. My problem is comes out crooked and the frosting went to 1 side. It really is not pretty to look at. I showed it to my neighbor (who LOVES PC) and she said not to do it at a show. I didn't put the top on the RCP is that the reason it looks weird.

I really wanted to do this at a Show next week, but now I am nervous. The Hostess is a former Consultant so I want to look good.

Help Please!!!!!

In my experience, the cake usually turns out pretty ugly -- but yummy, nonetheless :) I don't do this cake at shows anymore, but I used to & sold LOTS of rice cooker plus because of that recipe!

I haven't tried that one (don't own the rice cooker) but the new choc velvet cake with strawberries is good, easy and impressive. do you have the fluted pan?

You don't want to put the lid on for sure. It could just be your microwave cooking it unevenly. Does it have a turntable? I would still make it for your show. If it comes out funky you just say "Everyone's microwaves are a little different, so you might have to try a couple of times to get it perfected in yours". They don't know it doesn't come out perfectly for you at home.

I have not gotten any of the "lava" cakes to work successfully but I did get the 3-2-1 cake to work beautifully in my RCP.

I usually make the lava cake in the stoneware fluted pan in the micro. In my demo I always tell the guests that the cake can be called two names - if it comes out perfect when you unmold it call it "Surprise Cake" - if it comes out ugly call it "Ugly Cake". It doesn't matter if it is ugly it tastes greate!:chef:

Yes, I have the Fluted Pan, maybe I will try that next, is the receipe on this website. How long to cook it when using the Stoneware Fluted pan?

My Microwave has a turntable, was I suppose to turn it off????

I can't believe how good the cake tastes. My daughter came home after we had cut a few slices and said it was ugly. Then she had a piece and then another piece since it was sooooooo good.

Thanks so much to everyone!!!!

I sprinlke all of the microwave cakes with powdered sugar from the flour/sugar shaker. Makes the cakes look much nicer. Also sells many flour/sugar shakers!!:blushing:

Mine never come out looking very "pretty", but I warn them of that in the beginning. I also tell them that after they taste it they won't care what it "looks" like. At my last show that is the only thing the host wanted to do. I was nervous because you really can't cross sell many items with this cake. I had at $500 party with 4 people in attedance. EVERY persone bought the RCP and many more products. MAKE the cake.....it is YUMMY and EASY to make!!!!

PartiesbyJamie said:
I haven't tried that one (don't own the rice cooker) but the new choc velvet cake with strawberries is good, easy and impressive. do you have the fluted pan?

Yes, Yes... try this one! Just as easy, really yummy and very impressive!

1. How do I properly prepare the Rice Cooker Plus for making Lava Cake?

The first step is to spray the inside of the Rice Cooker Plus with non-stick cooking spray. This will ensure that the cake does not stick to the pan and will make it easier to remove once it's finished cooking.

2. What ingredients do I need to make Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus?

You will need 1 box of chocolate cake mix, 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 3 eggs, and 1 can of chocolate frosting. You can also add in chocolate chips or other mix-ins for added flavor.

3. How do I assemble the Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Mix together the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a separate bowl until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared Rice Cooker Plus. Then, spoon the chocolate frosting on top of the batter, making sure to leave a little room around the edges. This will create the "lava" filling in the center of the cake.

4. How long does the Lava Cake need to cook in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Cook the Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus on high pressure for 25 minutes. Once the cooking time is up, let the cake sit for an additional 5 minutes before releasing the pressure and removing the cake from the cooker.

5. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the type of cake mix and the consistency of the batter. It's best to follow the recommended cooking time for the specific cake mix you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • elizabethby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies