• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not an Open House - a Cooking Demo!!!

In summary, the speaker is determined to get their business off the ground and has found two places to rent meeting rooms for a show, one in a restaurant and one in a hotel. They plan to canvas nearby businesses with flyers and follow up with calls before the event. They also plan to send the flyer to interested individuals and advertise in grocery stores and newspapers. Other individuals have suggested offering treats to potential hosts and using a mystery host approach. The speaker is also considering the possibility of recruiting at the event.
LakesideMom
Okay guys and gals!

I am determined to get my business off of the ground - yes, it is still just laying there. :eek: I found two places where I can rent a meeting room to host a show. They each cost $50. One seats 50 people and one seats 30. One is a banquet room in a restaurant (nope - they said I don't have to buy their food!!! They just want their $50.) and the other is a meeting room in a local hotel.

Okay - here's the plan. There are a lot of businesses in the area where these rooms are located. I plan to canvas the businesses handing out the attached flyer. When I go in to leave the flyer, I will ask that they leave it in the employee lunchroom and then I will grab a business card and get the person's name I'm leaving the flyer with. The day before the event, I plan to call all of the businesses and remind them of the demo and ask if they plan to attend. I will also send the flyer to some people that have shown some interest but haven't placed orders or booked shows. And finally, I will put up flyers in grocery stores and run a classified ad in the paper.

Okay - before I kick this thing off, I would really appreciate any feedback you may have. I remember from one of my previous posts that it isn't good to refer to it as an Open House and that follow-up calls are very important. Please feel free to share any other feedback you have.

TIA!! :)

Attachments

• cooking demo flyer - rented room.doc
    229.5 KB · Views: 442
Instead of asking them to come to you, why don't you go to them? One by one, stop in each office and drop off some treats--profiterole puffs, caprese sandwiches--and a packet for someone to be the host of the catalog show.

I would guess that you would have a better response.

If you search for "Pamper a Biz" you'll find more info.

I like the idea of doing a lunch time demo. Let us know how it turns out!
I was wondering when you said you were getting the name of the person you talked to at the other businesses, if you were doing something special for them?

Andra,
The idea sounds great, but I would hesitate to give away $50 in products, not knowing how much business this will bring. Maybe you want to make it a mystery host and only give away the host beneifts based on sales for the day or either cut it down to $20 free products. Just a thought. I hope it works out great. Are you also trying to recruit at this event? You never know and you should ask people who attend. Anyway, my 2 cents worth. Good luck!

Jeanie

I agree with Jeanie on the mystery host. That way you are not spending $50 more out of your pocket, which you are already spending to rent the room.
Great job on the flyer! Good Luck and please let us know how it goes!

I really like your flyer. It looks like all of the wording is not showing up in your arrow though. Good luck with your demo!

pcjeanie said:
Andra,
The idea sounds great, but I would hesitate to give away $50 in products, not knowing how much business this will bring. Maybe you want to make it a mystery host and only give away the host beneifts based on sales for the day or either cut it down to $20 free products. Just a thought. I hope it works out great. Are you also trying to recruit at this event? You never know and you should ask people who attend. Anyway, my 2 cents worth. Good luck!

Jeanie
Great idea!

Q: Can I bring a friend to the cooking demo?

Yes, of course! The more the merrier. Just make sure to let us know in advance so we can have enough food prepared.

Q: Do I need to purchase anything at the cooking demo?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at the cooking demo. However, if you see something you like, we have a variety of products available for purchase.

Q: Can I request specific recipes to be demonstrated at the cooking demo?

Absolutely! We love to accommodate our guests' requests. Just let us know in advance which recipes you would like to see and we will do our best to include them in the demo.

Q: Is the cooking demo free?

Yes, the cooking demo is completely free. It's a great opportunity to learn new recipes and techniques, and try out some amazing Pampered Chef products.

Q: Can I host my own cooking demo?

Definitely! Hosting a cooking demo is a fun and easy way to earn free Pampered Chef products. Just reach out to your consultant to schedule a date and start inviting your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
baychef
  • jwagner75
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies