• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Neighborhood Open House-- Good Idea????

In summary, this person is considering doing a group open house with a friend to promote their business, but is unsure of how to proceed.
juliaskitchenfun
HI this is my 1st post, so let me know if I'm supposed to do anything differently! lol

I need a boost to really get my business going & growing. I am doing a "group open house" with a friend you sells Tastefully Simply in mid-March, so that's a good opportunity. But here is what I'd like some feedback on...

The subdivision in which I live is fairly new. I was thinking about doing a PC "Meet PC, meet your neighbors" kind of event. Good idea? Not good? My director said to offer 10% discounts to get people to come, but I'm wondering about other ideas? I thought season's best & the shopping bags (love those!) would be good giveaways. Anyway, I need some help. And after reading how many fabulous ideas you always have for each other, not to mention the support, I figured it was time to jump in! Thanks!:chef:

Welcome to CS! :) I also live in a new neighborhood and tried to do the same thing. I made these really nice flyers for the fall season (thanks to someone who shared here on CS! :) ) and went all through my neighborhood knocking on doors. I introduced myself and said that I was having a party where they can meet everyone, come see all our new products, and that I'd have a lot of the new recipes for everyone to sample, I'd have prizes and be giving everyone who came a Season's Best cookbook. The only ones who came were the ones closest to my house that I already knew (2 of them). One of them ordered something and the other did a party the next month. So it was good, but I think next time I won't waste my time and money making the cute flyer and going to everyone's home. I would've had the same success if I had just knocked on the doors of the people that I had already kind of known. I think people feel uncomfortable going to someone's house they don't know. I thought being in the new neighborhood, it would be better because we all don't know each other and they'd think it was nice to meet the neighbors, plus everyone's house is new construction (I figured they'd be nosey to see other home ;) )--but no takers on that. I had to not take it personally, because I realized that there have been attempts by other people in the neighborhood to organize social meet and greets at our park/playground/pavilion common area and not many people came.So I really think it depends on the people, the circumstances, and how you come across to people.

Thanks- I have to admit that that exact situation has been a concern. And your scenario sounds a lot like mine-- new construction, etc. Hmmm, I'll have to think about this....If you have any better ideas, I'm all ears. I do work full-time (I'm a PT), so I've been feeling challenged how to meet people / grow my business... Thanks for your feedback! :)

Sounds like we have some things in common...my husband is a PT! :) You didn't fill out your profile stats yet, how long have you been with PC? How many shows have you done? Did you make a list of 100 yet and go through that? Have you asked your co-workers about hosting--or bringing in a treat for everyone and collecting orders from them? Could they use a fun night out together?One thing that I was thinking would be good to do in regards to the neighborhood, is ask the model home realtor guy if I could leave some business cards or mini catalogs there, or if I could put something together to add to their welcome gift/congrats on the home present. Or just as new people move in, to make a treat or a meal from the Power Cooking over to them to say Welcome, introduce myself and leave them with my number.

Hi there! Welcome to the pampered chef community! It's great to hear that you have a group open house planned with your friend who sells Tastefully Simple. Collaborating with other direct sales consultants can be a great way to expand your reach and attract new customers.As for your idea of hosting a "Meet PC, meet your neighbors" event in your subdivision, I think it's a fantastic idea! It's a great way to introduce yourself and your business to your neighbors and potentially gain new customers. Offering a 10% discount is a great incentive to get people to attend, but you could also consider offering a free product or hosting a raffle for a larger prize to generate even more interest.I love your idea of giving away the season's best and shopping bags as giveaways. Those are both popular and practical items that your guests will appreciate. You could also consider offering a special deal for anyone who books a party with you during the event. This could help you secure future bookings and expand your customer base.Overall, I think your ideas are great and with a little extra effort and creativity, you can make your event a huge success. Good luck and keep us updated on how it goes! :)

1. Is hosting a neighborhood open house a good idea for promoting Pampered Chef products?

Yes, hosting a neighborhood open house can be a great way to introduce your friends and neighbors to Pampered Chef products. It allows them to see and experience the products in person and ask any questions they may have.

2. How should I invite my neighbors to the open house?

You can send out invitations through email, social media, or by distributing flyers around the neighborhood. You could also personally invite your neighbors by knocking on their doors and inviting them in person.

3. What should I have at the open house?

You should have a variety of Pampered Chef products on display for your guests to see and try out. You could also have some light refreshments and beverages available for your guests to enjoy while they browse.

4. Can I offer any special deals or promotions at the open house?

Yes, you can offer special deals or promotions to your guests as an incentive for attending the open house. This could include discounts on products or free gifts with purchases.

5. How can I make the open house more interactive and engaging?

You can make the open house more interactive by demonstrating how to use the products and encouraging your guests to try them out for themselves. You could also have some games or activities related to Pampered Chef products to keep your guests entertained.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• texaschef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
texaschef
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • thehaleykitchen