• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Sweets for Lent? No Problem!

In summary, the party on the 17th has a huge Italian family coming, and many of the people coming work/cook at Italian restaurants. The host is supposed to call the guest tonight to discuss a demo recipe, but is feeling a little inadequate. There are a few choices for a demo dish, but the guest is undecided. It's been decided that the Greek Cheese Torta will be served, and the Triple Citrus Mojitos will be made. The guest is also glad that he thought through the choices and didn't suggest the Mini Pesto Pizzas. The Triple Citrus Mojitos will be sampled after the show.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So, I have a big party on the 17th with a huge Italian family. They own a bunch of Italian restaurants in the area, and many of the people coming work/cook at these restaurants.
Pretty much means I'm not trying anything remotely Italian for a demo....the host had wanted a dessert show, but has just informed me that most of the people coming gave up sweets for Lent.

I am supposed to call her tonight to discuss a demo recipe - and I'm usually not at a loss as to choices, but I am really wracking my brain over this one......

Don't want to do the mini pesto pizzas, and not sure how well the jerk chicken nachos would go over....or chicken fajitas.....what to do, what to do...????

How about chicken, avocado & grapefruit salad? Greek cheese torta?

I would also have some dessert for those that did not give up sweets. The chocolate velvet cake w/strawberries is delish!

How about a breakfast theme?
7 layer salad sq's
how about a classic ring? or sandwich?

Why don't you go with the killer chicken and garlic bites? ;)Or the One pot pasta?

I vote for the one pot pasta. I made it last night and it is really yummy. One recipe of it fills the dots bowl full.

Janet, I thought about just doing the Chicken and biscuits......not so sure about doing the Pasta....I mean, this is a Pasta family - I'm not usually this hesitant, but I'm feeling a little inadequate with this show!

I did it last night on a hot plate for the 1st time ever and it tasted really good. It was easy too.

ChefBeckyD said:
Janet, I thought about just doing the Chicken and biscuits......not so sure about doing the Pasta....I mean, this is a Pasta family - I'm not usually this hesitant, but I'm feeling a little inadequate with this show!

I vote for your chicken fajita show and margaritas. Works like a charm for me!;) :D :love:

That would be tough!
If you want to do a light dessert; the strawberry cream trifle is pretty light really. Use angelfood cake, light cool whip & light pudding mix.
The Greek cheese torta is yummy to if you want an app; looks pretty & is easy. Of course the garlic bites are always a go-to!

The Greek Cheese Torta may be a great one!Good flavors, similar to what they may use, but not the same. It was a hit at my show last week!!!! (...and at my EMT refresher course...)

janetupnorth said:
The Greek Cheese Torta may be a great one!Good flavors, similar to what they may use, but not the same. It was a hit at my show last week!!!! (...and at my EMT refresher course...)
Okay! It's been decided ~ we are doing the Greek Cheese Torta, and the Triple Citrus Mojitos. (and Janet, so funny - Maria, my host used the exact same words I bolded when she chose that recipe!:D ) I'm glad I thought it through - I mentioned the Jerk Nachos, and the Moroccan Chicken Pitas, but she was concerned that her Italian Family may not care for those Ethnic flavors....I found out that my host has lived most of her adult life in Italy - she has only been back here for 3 years. Glad I didn't suggest the Mini Pesto Pizzas!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I made triple citrus mojitos at last night's show - the host added the alcohol. After the show I sampled a little as I've never tasted it (she tried, ummm, a LOT - LOL). Oh my - those are good!

1. Can I still have desserts during Lent?

Yes, you can still have desserts during Lent. The concept of "No Sweets for Lent? No Problem!" is to provide alternative options for those who have chosen to give up sweets for Lent. These options are still indulgent and delicious, but do not contain traditional sweets like chocolate or candy.

2. Are the recipes in "No Sweets for Lent? No Problem!" difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "No Sweets for Lent? No Problem!" are designed to be easy and accessible for all levels of cooking experience. They use simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions to make the process as easy as possible.

3. Are the recipes in "No Sweets for Lent? No Problem!" healthy?

Yes, the recipes in "No Sweets for Lent? No Problem!" are made with wholesome ingredients and are designed to be on the healthier side. They still provide indulgent and satisfying flavors, but without the added guilt of traditional sweets.

4. Can I use these recipes even if I am not observing Lent?

Absolutely! "No Sweets for Lent? No Problem!" is a great resource for anyone looking to cut back on their sugar intake or incorporate more wholesome desserts into their diet. These recipes can be enjoyed year-round, not just during Lent.

5. Are there options for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, "No Sweets for Lent? No Problem!" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs. There are options for gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan diets, among others. Each recipe also includes any potential allergens to ensure that everyone can enjoy these desserts safely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • julsradford
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies