• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Shows at the Fair - What Do I Do Now?

In summary, the conversation is about what to do with a stack of leads from a recent fair. Some suggestions include sending a thank you note with a business card and coupon, sending emails with a discount offer, and apologizing for not following up sooner. There is also a discussion about the cost of postage and the idea of sending out a small amount of leads each week.
Koolotus

Okay, I have a question for ya'll! From my recent fair I have a stack of no's or no markings. Normally I would call all of them and tell them they won a free cooking show and see where it goes from there. But.... There is a stack that live to far away from me that I wouldn't want to do a regular show, let alone a free one.So question is:
What do I do with those leads?
Garbage?
mail information?
Give them away to some of you who live closer, or girls in my cluster?
Help me out!

help.gif

You could send them all a thank you for stopping by your booth and enclose your business card and a 10% off coupon. I have heard people say this is a great way to get extra orders.

I never thought of that jillchef! I have 150 no's on drawing slips that my director said to trash. Do you think it would be worth the postage ($60!!)??

You'll never know unless you try, Gillian. Try sending out a random amount and see how it goes. To send out all 150 might be too much money--for me anyway. That's a lot of leads! Unfortunately the ones you don't send anything too may be the ones who might come back to you later. I know I sound wishy washy but there are pros and cons. Good luck!

I did send an email to the ones that gave me email addresses and offered them a 15% discount. But the postage has we scratching my head too. I mean even if they did want to host a show, I wouldn't want to do it. I really don't remember them. I might get a recruit lead, but that's a big maybe, especially for you gillian!
I went through my no's and called all the ones within show distance and gave them a free cooking show.
It's the ones that are to far that have me stumped!
swoon1.gif

My theory on the ones that you wouldn't want to do a show for or that are too far is not to follow up. Does that make sense to you?

Nope, not at all! :)

gilliandanielle said:
I never thought of that jillchef! I have 150 no's on drawing slips that my director said to trash. Do you think it would be worth the postage ($60!!)??

Tax write off!! LOL:)

Yeah, but I have to find $60 right now!! I can't even follow up with the one's I have already!

Maybe send out little each week.

If you don't follow up within 24-48 hours, your chances plummet. Be a pro - when you book a fair, book the time to follow through. No, I don't always do it well myself, but the proof is in the pudding - the answer is almost always YES when I call the next day, and almost always NO when I call weeks later.

One thing I heard from my wife's MaryKay director, is it never hurts to apologize - I have done that twice, and gotten bookings both times. "Mary, I am SO sorry I didn't get back with you sooner - would you forgive me? (SILENT UNTIL SHE RESPONDS...is she Really going to say no?) Thank you. I was hoping we could still get together and do a great cooking demo for you and your friends... Good luck!

Rather than send something that requires a first class mail stamp, send something that only requires a postcard stamp. Get some post card stock and make something up to print. If you're computer savvy enough, you could probably even figure out how to print the mailing addresses on them.

gilliandanielle said:

You might do 15 a week over the next 10 weeks and see how it goes.

Related to No-Shows at the Fair - What Do I Do Now?

1. What should I do if a customer doesn't show up to my fair booth?

If a customer doesn't show up to your fair booth, it's important to remain calm and professional. Take note of the time and try to reach out to the customer via phone or email. If you are unable to reach the customer, continue to stay at your booth and engage with other potential customers.

2. Can I charge the customer for not showing up?

No, it is not appropriate to charge a customer for not showing up to your fair booth. It is important to remember that there may be valid reasons for their absence and it is not worth damaging your business reputation over a missed appointment.

3. How should I handle a no-show if I have a waitlist for appointments?

If you have a waitlist for appointments, reach out to the next customer on the list and offer them the spot. It's also a good idea to follow up with the no-show customer to see if they would like to reschedule for a different time or date.

4. What if the customer contacts me afterwards with a valid excuse for missing the fair?

If a customer contacts you with a valid excuse for missing the fair, it is up to your discretion whether to offer them a special rescheduling opportunity or not. If you do decide to reschedule, make sure to communicate any changes to your waitlist or other customers who may have missed out on the spot.

5. How can I prevent no-shows at my fair booth?

To prevent no-shows at your fair booth, make sure to confirm appointments with customers before the fair and send reminders leading up to the event. You can also consider implementing a cancellation policy or requiring a deposit for appointments to ensure customers are committed to their scheduled time slot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pinkunicorn
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pampchefsarah
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • apriljc