• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Response to My Virtual Open House: Now What?

In summary, Gillian held an open house to promote her upcoming Virtual Open House. She only received one call and it was from her sister. She is discouraged and thinks she will not do this again.
thechefofnorthbend
:( Well...I know we have all heard this song and dance before, but I am jumping on the the band wagon.

Today I held my Virtual Open House which I promoted to EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER (or at least I thought). It was listed on my email signature, I handed out flyer after flyer, reminded the whole world abiut this, even had a little blurb in our local paper about it. It was where during certain times (12-3pm) you could call or email me and save a different amount on your order each hour. What a great concept, right? NOT!! I got one call and that was from my sister who only ordered the small bar pan, and she got her past host discount on top of it so that was a whopping 13.00!!

I am so bummed and let down and this just discourages me as I was having a he** of a time getting any bookings for this month and next (I think I have 1 event and 1 catalog show in DEC).

Ok...enough of the poor me. I need to just suck it up and try harder next time I guess...although I am not sure I will try doing this again. Thanks for the ears girls...oh yea, and KG!!

*snugs*. This happens. Just keep going. Sometimes it takes doing this sort of thing yearly/bi-yearly to catch on with people so try it again when the new spring products are out.

I have figured that because my "open house" was such a hit, maybe I'll turn this cra**y experience into a good one and make this a catalog show and just gather orders for a week or so and see where it gets me. Who knows...maybe I'll do better this way!

That sounds like a great plan. Go for it and let us know how it turns out.

I've done one friday sale like that and only got 2 replies after mass emailing 160 or so people! You just never know with email stuff but you even sent out flyers too! Sorry to hear about your disappointment but hang in there!

I had a real open house and no one came. The only girl who showed, bought "everything" (she says she has the whole catalog) from my recruiter and she is a good friend of mine. So, she just came to eat and for moral support, when no one else showed up, she left... I was really bummed... you just never know how things are going to work out! I had one in August and 15 people showed up and I had outside orders and the best yet was FIVE bookings. So... I was hoping that I would get some great response at this one... but, no such luck!!! It happens to all of us!!! You'll do better the next go round... I do have some outside orders, I am currently at $174 in sales... I want to get more! :) So, I am sending out emails tonight! :) Good luck!

from what I hear, the first attempts at these are less than great. I think if you do them annually or semi-annually, you have better luck after people know about it...good luck!

Thanks all...I have actually had more success (not a TON more, but more) today then the actually party date, I am taking outside orders and will close my show on Friday morning. Mayne this wont turn out SOOOO bad...heck 300.00 is better then nothing in sales, right?? You all are awesome!!

I am done with open houses! Mine always end up costing more than I make and only my mom and sister show up. Next product launch WON'T consist of a "pre-view" at my house.

I have personally never done an open house but I am leaning more towards not doing them now. I also get better luck with catalog shows.

Gillian-If you want to show the new products just do a catalog show :)

The most success I have had with something similar to an open house is the Mystery Host Shows. However, I had two in one weekend. The guests had a choice of coming on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

The people who attended were the ones I called. I did not make the time to call everyone so the attendance was not excactly what I wanted, but it was definitely worth the time and money I put into it. I got three solid bookings and I am still working shows that booked off of those. As a matter of fact, I have one person joining my team on December 1 who would not be joining if not for those shows.

The idea of Open Houses kind of scares me because I just don't know who is coming. I just feel there is not enough control over that situation and I do not like that.

I really recommend trying two Mystery Host Shows in one weekend and calling everyone.

Lisa

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Last week I went to a "vendor night" at someone's house in my city. There were different direct sales people and some cash and carry people. I didn't really have to cook or demo anything but I was there for about 3 1/2 hours -- only two orders. That's it. Even the woman who organized it didn't really want to BUY anthing -- she wanted me to give her something free for letting me set up in her house!! I told her she would only get free or discounted product if I could actually count it as a show. Which I couldn't. Oh well. I had nothing else to do on a Thursday night!

Paula

I'm sorry to hear about your open houseWhat I'm wondering, is for those of you who have held an open house in past, what time frame did your run it from?

I held my first open house on the 4th and sales were ok, with 2 bookings. I ran it from 10-2 on a Saturday. I think next year I'll run it from 10-1 or 9-1 instead. Most of the people who were at the event were there by 11.

ltkacz said:
What I'm wondering, is for those of you who have held an open house in past, what time frame did your run it from?

I held my first open house on the 4th and sales were ok, with 2 bookings. I ran it from 10-2 on a Saturday. I think next year I'll run it from 10-1 or 9-1 instead. Most of the people who were at the event were there by 11.

I have found that no matter what time I have mine, the last hour is dead! Next year, I am going to do a 2 hr open house!

I agree with keeping the hours of the open house shorter rather than longer. As most people come around the same time anyway. I have had both happen, totally bomb, and not to bad, but so far never that great. I am trying the Fabulous Friday show this year since I will be staying home anyway, and am going to be on the phone tonight nonstop updating my contact info. I hope to have at least 7 shows for Jan/feb booked. This would be quite a miracle because I usually only have one and if blessed -two. But my goal for 2007 is seven shows a month. I hope to have at least one a week where I am currently living and the others where I will be moving. (then I can count the mileage as tax deductible and see my daughter and family at least once a week or at least twice a month) We'll see....

I did an open house with my neighbor who does Premier Designs Jewelry on Nov 12th from 12-4. We put about 200 flyers throughout the neighborhood and had a sign in her front yard. We only had 6 people come through and I had a phone order from someone that couldn't make it. My sales were over $400.00 with 2 bookings, so I think it was worth it. Hers weren't so good, maybe about $100.00. We also feel it would have been more successful if it wasn't during the Packers/Vikings game, but who knows?

I'm trying a mystery host show on November 30. I had an open house that bombed last year & am trying this out this year. If it bombs, I'm done with my own shows! I'm really nervous that no one will show up this year. Last year, my family & one past host were the only ones to show up. This year, it's on my sister's anniversary, so she's going out to dinner & my mom is watching her son. So they won't even be there! I did have A LOT more people to invite this year than last, so maybe that helped! We'll see!! Good luck to everyone else doing open houses!

The ironic thing about my open house is that it was 'Virtual'. Only by phone call or email could an order be placed and only during certain times. I did not open my home...hmmm...maybe that was why. I had heard the horror stories about the elaborite spreads and no visitors, so I figured if everyone could shop from their seat...it would be a huge success. I sent out flyers, droped them off at businesses, attached them in my email...maybe too much over exposure? But my continued catalog show is doing ok...few more orders today. Cant complain about that. Just wanted the BIG HIT on Sat afternoon

Related to No Response to My Virtual Open House: Now What?

1. What should I do if I am not getting any responses to my virtual open house?

If you are not receiving any responses to your virtual open house, it is important to first assess your marketing efforts. Are you promoting your open house effectively on social media, through email, and to your personal network? If not, consider increasing your promotion efforts. Additionally, make sure your open house event is visually appealing and offers attractive incentives to entice potential guests.

2. Should I cancel my virtual open house if no one has RSVP'd?

No, it is not necessary to cancel your virtual open house if no one has RSVP'd. Instead, try reaching out to potential guests individually and remind them about the event. You can also consider extending the RSVP deadline to allow for more people to respond. It is important to keep promoting your event and stay positive, as there may still be guests who decide to attend last minute or watch the replay of your open house.

3. How can I make my virtual open house more engaging to increase attendance?

There are several ways to make your virtual open house more engaging. Consider adding interactive elements such as polls, challenges, or games. You can also offer exclusive discounts or giveaways during the event to incentivize attendance. Collaborating with other consultants or having a guest speaker can also make the event more interesting and attract new attendees.

4. What should I do if I have technical difficulties during my virtual open house?

If you experience technical difficulties during your virtual open house, it is important to remain calm and address the issue as quickly as possible. If possible, have a backup plan in case of technical difficulties, such as a pre-recorded video or a different platform to host the event. Communicate the issue with your guests and offer to reschedule the event if necessary.

5. How can I follow up with guests who did not attend my virtual open house?

Following up with guests who did not attend your virtual open house is crucial in converting potential customers. Send a personalized email thanking them for their interest and offer to schedule a one-on-one virtual consultation or send them a link to the replay of your open house. You can also offer a special incentive for attending a future event to entice them to attend in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gtrchic05
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vogee13
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nancycookspc