• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director No Recognition? No Problem: How to Motivate Without Awards

In summary, the meeting leader wants to try different things to get people excitement for the meetings, such as training topics, offering an incentive, and maybe reintroducing their recognition plan.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
What do you do at your meetings when you don't have ANY recognition to give out since nobody is doing hardly anything?!?!?

Yikes....I would spend the time training on the incentives(apron,tote,Disney etc) that are going on to get some excitement going... and hopefully some action. No one is doing anything yet they come to the meetings?

Well, I get about 3 at the meetings and they struggle to get one show in! I know I haven't been the best leader this year so far (family emergencies and hospitalizations), but I don't know what is going on!!!

hmmm, maybe reintroduce your recognition plan and get them excited again?

I have been doing a Strive for 25. If the cluster does 25 shows I give away a 25 gift cert. They get a ticket for every show above 2 that they do. At the monthly meeting 1 ticket is drawn from the pot and someone wins the gift cert. Of course you can tailor it for whatever number of shows you want them to do, based on the numebr of people you have on your team.

cmdtrgd said:
What do you do at your meetings when you don't have ANY recognition to give out since nobody is doing hardly anything?!?!?
In that case I would say that everyone aparently took last month off (in a joking manner) and go onto training topics to get them booking. Offering an incentive that they will try for would be good too.

If they are all minimalists go for something that they can build up over a couple of months (1 show a month for 3 straight months and get...) and also offer something for stretching and doing more shows/higher sales in a month or over that time period.

Currently I give charms (or pins) for $1,000 parties, reaching your for first $1250, signing a recruit and for bringing a guest to a meeting. Other than that, it is $3.00 PC dollars for Top in Sales, $1.00 PC dollars for each of the following catagories:
Top Cluster Show
Top Cluster Show Average
Top Recruiter
Top Bookings

I have tried other things but these seem to work. They love earning the PC dollars and they love adding their charms to their pins to wear on their aprons at their parties.

I do want to do something for consistency and will work on that one next!

Related to No Recognition? No Problem: How to Motivate Without Awards

1. How can I motivate my team without using awards?

There are many ways to motivate your team without relying on awards. Some ideas include setting clear goals and expectations, recognizing and celebrating accomplishments, providing opportunities for growth and development, offering meaningful feedback and praise, and creating a positive and supportive work environment.

2. Will my team still be motivated if they don't receive awards?

Yes, it is possible for your team to be motivated without receiving awards. In fact, some individuals may find intrinsic motivation even more powerful than external rewards. By creating a positive and supportive work environment and providing opportunities for growth and development, your team can be motivated to achieve their best without the need for awards.

3. How can I keep my team engaged and motivated in the long term without using awards?

Motivation is an ongoing process and there are many ways to keep your team engaged and motivated over time without relying on awards. Some strategies include regularly checking in with your team, providing opportunities for growth and development, fostering a positive and supportive work environment, and celebrating milestones and accomplishments.

4. Won't my team feel demotivated if they don't receive any awards?

While some individuals may be motivated by external rewards, there are many ways to keep your team motivated without using awards. By setting clear goals and expectations, providing opportunities for growth and development, and fostering a positive work environment, your team can feel motivated and fulfilled even without receiving awards.

5. Are there any other benefits to motivating without awards?

Yes, there are many benefits to motivating your team without relying on awards. By focusing on intrinsic motivation and creating a positive work environment, you can foster a strong sense of teamwork, increase job satisfaction, and ultimately improve overall performance and productivity. Additionally, by not relying solely on awards, you can save time and resources and create a more sustainable and long-lasting motivation strategy for your team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Melissa78