• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director No, I'm Sorry: Dealing with Date Changes from July Bookings

In summary, Carolyn sent out the July booking email today and received an email from one of her June hosts asking if she could switch the date. She is struggling with whether or not to switch the date and is considering sending out a mass email blast to her hosts to give them time to re-book. If she switch the date, she will get to take advantage of both the June and July specials.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I sent out the July booking email today from CC.
My june 21 host just emailed and said "those specials look great can i switch my date?"
ARGH
I knew I shouldn't thave sent it yet but my June is full...I didnt think my June hosts would switch dates.
How do i gently but firmly say NO?

If she get's someone to book a party off her party in July, she wil get to take advantage of both specials.

The other option would be to keep her party at June 21 and turn it in on July 1st with the July specials.

Malinda Klein said:
If she get's someone to book a party off her party in July, she wil get to take advantage of both specials. The other option would be to keep her party at June 21 and turn it in on July 1st with the July specials.
Except that she's probably wanting the $100-$200 more in free product. ;)I don't have an answer Carolyn, other than I've been struggling with the same issue. My June is full - but I really don't want my June hosts wanting to switch to July. I sent an email to all of my June hosts yesterday, talking up the awesome Host Special for June (and it IS awesome!) and also letting them know how excited the past hosts are about being able to attend their shows and get that amazing host special also. I'm hoping that not wanting to disappoint the past host will encourage them to keep the date when they see the July specials. However, June 21st is still over a month away, and there would be plenty of time to re-book that date. So, if she's set on switching, I probably wouldn't put up too much of a fuss, and just let her. :rolleyes:

I'd explain to her that June is SAT month & that you are trying to reach a big goal that month & ask if she'd be willing to host BOTH months! :D

Chefbeckyd said:
Except that she's probably wanting the $100-$200 more in free product. ;)

I don't have an answer Carolyn, other than I've been struggling with the same issue. My June is full - but I really don't want my June hosts wanting to switch to July. I sent an email to all of my June hosts yesterday, talking up the awesome Host Special for July (and it IS awesome!) and also letting them know how excited the past hosts are about being able to attend their shows and get that amazing host special also. I'm hoping that not wanting to disappoint the past host will encourage them to keep the date when they see the July specials.

However, June 21st is still over a month away, and there would be plenty of time to re-book that date. So, if she's set on switching, I probably wouldn't put up too much of a fuss, and just let her. :rolleyes:

I agree with this. I've been trying to figure that one out as well. The July special is friggin AWESOME!!! BUT, SAT month is June....wanh-wanh. I have been sending out personal emails to some of my special select hostesses about July. I wasn't going to send out a mass email blast until mid-June if there were still dates I needed to fill in July. I'm not expecting to have to do that.

Good luck Caro, but I say, just let her switch. Don't broadcast that she did though. LOL!! Keep it on the down low.

All's well that ends well...last night I booked her date so now I feel better about moving her to July. :)

WooHoo! :D

So glad this ended well for you, Carolyn. :party:

dannyzmom said:
All's well that ends well...last night I booked her date so now I feel better about moving her to July. :)

"Like" :D

1. How should I handle a date change for a July booking?

If you receive a request for a date change from a July booking, the first thing you should do is check your availability for the new date. If you are able to accommodate the change, communicate this to the customer and confirm the new date.

2. What if I am not available on the requested date?

If you are not available on the requested date, you can offer alternative dates that you are available or suggest a different service provider that may be able to accommodate the customer.

3. Should I charge a fee for date changes?

This ultimately depends on your own policies and the circumstances of the date change. If the customer is requesting a date change due to unforeseen circumstances or an emergency, it may be best to waive any fees. However, if the date change is due to the customer's own preference or convenience, you may choose to charge a small fee to cover any inconvenience or lost income.

4. What if the customer cancels their booking altogether?

If a customer decides to cancel their booking entirely, you may choose to enforce your cancellation policy and charge a fee. However, if the cancellation is due to unforeseen circumstances, it may be best to waive any fees and offer a refund or credit for a future booking.

5. How can I avoid date changes for July bookings?

To reduce the likelihood of date changes for July bookings, be sure to clearly communicate your policies and availability upfront. It may also be helpful to confirm the date with the customer a few days before the scheduled booking to ensure they are still able to attend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Jennie4PC